Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

Negative Feedback: Too many Orchids / Not receiving Wintergreen

_tealadyspa_1_tealadyspa_1 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
edited December 2017 in Feedback & Suggestions

It’sbeginning To look like orchids. Enough already!

Comments

• DiegobelgiumDiegobelgium Member Posts: 0 Daydreamer
    When I go to the market place the only offers I get are orchid flowers , nothing else anymore . This makes me mad
  • MINIfanMINIfan Member Posts: 0 Daydreamer

Thanks to only being able to find wintergreen in the orchids, almost all the items for sale in the marketplace are orchids! It has completely taken over. I’m missing a helicopter order because I can’t find items I need.

Does anyone know of a way around this? It seems like people should be limited in how many orchids they can offer up for sale at once. I love the game, but I’m considering quitting in because of how frustrating this is.

• AnnelitenAnneliten Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I absolutely agree- this is ridiculous!! Zynga needs to give us items to make with all these orchids OR to let us get wintergreen berries some other way. How is it possible that Zynga didn't realize that this wouldn't work?!?

• Azyre73Azyre73 Member Posts: 7 Beach Bum

I agree. I’m all for an event but this has ridiculously flooded the marketplace. They should at least offer a “compost” or “trash” option to prevent this.

• TinasParadiseIslandTinasParadiseIsland Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    I agree! It is affecting my participation in the tournaments because i cant get the things i need. Zynga can you fix this please!
  • bawabawa Member Posts: 104 Hot Spring Indulger
    The trade boat is almost useless right now. This can't stop the orchids already in the market, but you can just dump your extra orchids. When the silo gets almost full an x appears in it for every crop. If you click on the x it will ask if you want to clear all of that crop?. I just grow the orchids, harvest the berries and dump the rest. I dont think many people know they can do that. Wish they did.
  • CincyLadyGalCincyLadyGal Member Posts: 361 Geode Collector

A little lesson on how to get rid of the blasted orchid besides posting them in your boat.

So, you find that your silo is filling up with orchids, because you decided to do this leader board event?

Well, instead of filling up the markets with your orchids, this is what you do.

1) plant, plant, plant to your hearts content the hated orchids.
    2) Once your silo fills up, simply go over tap on the silo and the menu will open up.
    3) There should be little x in the upper right hand corner of each time. Tap on it.
    4) you'll be asked if you are sure you want to delete the orchids. Answer yes, and boom ... no more orchids.

Then go and repeat steps 1 through 4 until the event is over with.

I've included a picture, it's a stock one, so it doesn't have the little x. So, I've drawn it in there instead, and circled.

Please feel free to share this everywhere so we (who like me are not doing this event) can stop having all those blasted orchids in the markets.

• Wordsmith1717Wordsmith1717 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I agree...not making it easy to get rid of them but necessary to make wintergreen and you don’t get enough wintergreen to play without getting more orchids. How do you get rid of them, can’t store other crops.

• hmgraveshmgraves Member Posts: 5 Beach Bum
    I beginning to hate Orchids! If you don’t sell them in the store you don’t have room in storage; the only thing to do is delete them. Boooooooo!
  • lilybelllilybell Member Posts: 170 Parties with Monkeys

I'm selling everything BUT orchids. I'm just not making much the items out of the wintergreen.
    Again the makers of the game messed up. 3 items made in the same building and some take hours. Rediculous. They should require less time or spread it out among other buildings.

It's just a game

I make perfume then soap

It's just a game

• Kat_420Kat_420 Member Posts: 27 Coconut Collector
    I have discard 12000 orchids lol
  • BasnjasBasnjas Member Posts: 124 Starfish

The biggest issue is that the global marketplace in almost broken right now with all the orchids. I happily "x"'d away 350 orchids on 3 occasions so far, but since everyone else insists on trying to sell them, my orchid-free boat isn't being seen by anyone. Thus, nothing on my boat is selling. Even highly-sought-after expansion parts just sit.

My warehouse is full, I can't collect anything from my workshops and the trade boat doesn't have any items I can complete! It's a disaster! My crew finished at the iceberg but I can't collect. Same with my Mining team. There was 1 person on in my Club and they cleared my boat before they left but the next items I added are just sitting there, untouched.

And to make matters worse, as I wait for something to sell I keep refreshing the global market and seeing things I want to buy, but I have no space to put things! Complete train wreck.

CincyGal, here ya go. (Although, personally, I like your picture better. It's more artistic!)

FREE THE TRADE BOAT! RELEASE THE GLOBAL MARKET FROM ORCHID DOMINATION!

Please, Everyone! Do the entire community a favor and STOP TRYING TO SELL ORCHIDS!!! CLICK ON THE LITTLE 'X' IN THE CORNER AND DUMP YOUR INVENTORY INSTEAD!

• JenellJenell Member Posts: 0 Tropical Tourist
    There's no winergreen in the orchids!
  • DanielleschmidtDanielleschmidt Member Posts: 12 Caribbean Cruiser
    edited December 2017
    I plant all my field space with orchids then go to my sill and delete the rest! Nobody needs 266 orchids and nobody needs to buy them either right now!
  • mrsfittsmrsfitts Member Posts: 320 Spelunker

@Basnjas, when the trade boat is clogged, I sell stuff I KNOW won't sell (has to wait for Domingo to come take it away, and with all these orchids, he's a little busy) I will sell the stuff for 1 coin each. Like soups, picnic baskets, explorer bags, spicy crab, cookies, sushi boats, flan, etc, etc. You know which things they are, the stuff like the masks that can't be made into something else so are of no value unless someone needs them for Kate's Order Board or the Helicopter.

This won't help if you're desperate for coins, THEN a solution to Both of those problems (trade-boat jail & lack of coins) is help EVERYONE you can with helicopter orders. Click on every orange megaphone to find people to help. This gives you $300-700 coins at a time, more later as a thanks, and gets rid of stuff from your Boat Storage.

If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning

@mrsfitts said:
    @Basnjas, when the trade boat is clogged, I sell stuff I KNOW won't sell (has to wait for Domingo to come take it away, and with all these orchids, he's a little busy) I will sell the stuff for 1 coin each. Like soups, picnic baskets, explorer bags, spicy crab, cookies, sushi boats, flan, etc, etc. You know which things they are, the stuff like the masks that can't be made into something else so are of no value unless someone needs them for Kate's Order Board or the Helicopter.

This won't help if you're desperate for coins, THEN a solution to Both of those problems (trade-boat jail & lack of coins) is help EVERYONE you can with helicopter orders. Click on every orange megaphone to find people to help. This gives you $300-700 coins at a time, more later as a thanks, and gets rid of stuff from your Boat Storage.

Thanks for the advice, mrsfitts. :-)

Actually, I need to clear my trade boat to add more items to get them out of my warehouse. I can dump easy-to-farm items from my silo, but I don't want to dump anything from my warehouse. And as I'm L37, I just bought the Mask Shop but do need coins for the next shop / tree / animal. While I'm ahead of the game in terms of coins, I do still need to prepare for the next major purchase.

Also, I would absolutely fill helicopter orders... but there are none to fill. Another problem with not having the Social Club's Buddy feature (besides not getting sunshines) is you have no buddies to fill orders for (and only your Club to help you!). I see maybe 1-2 helicopter orders every few weeks from my Club and often it is for items I'm not capable of making yet.

• Princess in PinkPrincess in Pink Community Moderator Posts: 1,187 Community Moderator

Thanks for your feedback, Tropic Hosts. Please check your Inbox for my private message.

• MaryMermaidMaryMermaid Member Posts: 0 Daydreamer

Why am I not able to find any wintergreen?

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 236 Souvenir Collector

@MaryMermaid
    You have to plant Orchards and when cropping them you get your wintergreen berries.
    In between your Orchards.

Well like all of us are only seeing Orchards for sale when it comes to selling normal stuff I'm having problems selling stuff also I don't always sell for full price and still I'm struggling
    Even when selling ropes and life rings they are just sitting there for ages!

I am enjoying the Christmas Fest but the gobal market does need to be sorted out :|

I WANT MY ISLAND BACK INTO DAYLIGHT MODE

• itisallgood07itisallgood07 Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist

The orchids and Christmas is getting ridiculous. Maybe time to quit and find another game.

• tropical_galtropical_gal Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

I’m going to stop playing if we can’t sell our or dump orchids and sell Christmas promo items like we can on the farm! This game sucks now! To bad because it was fun unti Christmas promo!!!!!

We should be allowed to sell the specialty items and the ingredients to make them

It's just a game

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 236 Souvenir Collector

I don't understand why some are saying it was fun until this, you don't have to play in the Christmas event like you don't have to do the wildlife centre or the daily event!
    Or even the cruise ship!

I'm loving it but it gobal market is the problem if everyone starts dumping there orchards it might help a tad with of course Zynga sorting out the problem :)

I'm surprised I'm not dreaming of orchards lol

I WANT MY ISLAND BACK INTO DAYLIGHT MODE

• mrsfittsmrsfitts Member Posts: 320 Spelunker

I never ONCE sold orchids during this event (since 12/15) there were several event items to be made that needed either orchids or perfume.
    I would buy up all the perfume I saw made on the trade boat (not much) plus I'd be making my own during the day & making the candles overnight. The candy canes took 4 orchids each to make, candles 2 perfume (again 4 orchids to make 2 perfumes) the Jolly Antlers took another 2 every 15 minutes.
    Where some people saw Orchids-orchids-orchids, others saw opportunity.
    Full disclosure, if my silo got filled, I did "X the Orchid" but never sold them during this event.

If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Why are people still selling orchids 10 for $110 when you can buy them for $40? Dump them and sell something else.
    The market place is empty of other items. Occasionally I can find something.
    I think the majority of people have no idea you can dump them and are not on this forum.
    Zynga messed up with this event again
    I read how one player had to dump 75 marshmallows, I can barely get 2 marshmallows. They should have been allowed to sell them in the open market.

It's just a game

@lilybell said:
    I read how one player had to dump 75 marshmallows, I can barely get 2 marshmallows. They should have been allowed to sell them in the open market.

This made no sense to me either. How in the world did they get so many marshmallows? I'm lucky if I get 1 every other reef run and 1 every iceberg run, so 2-3 in 45 minutes. That's assuming I use 3 people at the reef and 3-4 at the iceberg. So in a 4 day period, even if I ran both of those for 6 hours per day, that would give me 80 in 4 days. That would require being in the game for 6 hours every day to run the reef every 15 minutes. So how did they have a SPARE 75 marshmallows?