Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you experiencing the Flooding issue on your island? If so, please fill out this form: http://zynga.my/Hawaii_Flooding-issue_fm
Impress us with your awesome Island and have a chance to win some FREE Gems! Don't forget to read the contest rules here and post your entries here. To check the previous winners, please go to this link. Good luck!
Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread.

"Watch to earn" videos not available?

Princess in PinkPrincess in Pink Community Moderator Posts: 549 Community Moderator
edited September 2016 in Bugs & Issues

Hi, Tropic Hosts!

Being able to watch videos is dependent on the availability of videos we have. Additionally, the Studio is looking into the different video experiences offered to players, which means some might get to view more than others.

Thank you!

Comments

• WanWan Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

How can I get video camera to work.

• HappyPlaceHappyPlace Member Posts: 5 Beach Bum

I have the same situation

• MommaMomma Member Posts: 8 Beach Bum

i haven't gotten them either, boo

i haven't paid any real money yet, so don't think that's it. you on iOS or Android lynn/wan?

• PotriettePotriette Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

About the tournament, my farm always get on top of the tournament with thousand points from other farm i keep on playing in able to win but when its almost the deadline how come the others can have a lot of points that fast. I cant believe its possible otherwise they are doing something on it. I wish all is fqir with this game or il rather stop it than to be cheated.

• lynnlynn Member Posts: 232 Souvenir Collector

@Momma said:
    i haven't paid any real money yet, so don't think that's it. you on iOS or Android lynn/wan

I'm on iOS. I got videos the first day, but then they stopped. It did seem to coincide with my purchase, but that wouldn't explain your experience. Sorry.

• Raphaela416Raphaela416 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I haven't been able to watch videos either. I'm on iOS

i submitted a support ticket. will keep yall posted with any responses i get

• WanWan Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

Thanks...at least they are aware of problem

• SpiritHea1erSpiritHea1er Member Posts: 4 Tropical Tourist
    edited September 2016

Why are no videos available to watch for free gems? Keep getting check later for over two weeks.

• Anniebel884Anniebel884 Member Posts: 33 Dances with Dolphins

No longer getting the option to watch movies to earn diamonds.

i posted on their link for rating (their link as i chose that i didn't like it) that i didn't appreciate the unfair gameplay they are portraying. if some get videos and some don't - then stop for all till it's fixed. There was a lot more beta testing that should've been done before realeasing. i like the game in general, but there should be a base game format. What they have released his about 60% there.

• Princess in PinkPrincess in Pink Community Moderator Posts: 549 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016

Hi, Tropic Hosts!

As of the moment, "Watch to Earn" videos are randomly offered to some players but you'll surely have this soon. Thank you.

• RaeRae Member Posts: 0 Daydreamer

Hello I am viewing the ads but it's not rewarding me the jewels?

• leejyileejyi Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist
    My wife is having the same issue. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
  • leejyileejyi Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist
    My wife is having the same problem
  • TropicEscapeGamerTropicEscapeGamer Member Posts: 65 Sandy Toes

I spend over 1k in benjamins for the game and get too many videos? Anniebel, did you by chance use any hack to get 1billion gems? If so, Zynga probably thinks you have enough already.

• WhimsyGypsyWhimsyGypsy Member Posts: 45 Bungalow Guest

I'm not getting any either, and all my other times have jumped for days. When I post about it on the board, I was reminded that messing with the devices times could add time, however the only time the devices times have been changed is when I changed time zones 3 times recently while traveling. I even contacted support and they told me the same thing, I got the sense they were trying to say I was changing the times to cheat, which isn't the case. There are still many things messed up with the game, hopefully a new update will be out soon to fix many of the problems.

• WhimsyGypsyWhimsyGypsy Member Posts: 45 Bungalow Guest

@Delisha1964 said:
    I haven't bought anything and I won't until all the bugs are fixed. As for the videos to watch and collect gems I get them maybe once a week.

That's good to know, maybe I'll get some later this week hopefully!

• TropicEscapeGamerTropicEscapeGamer Member Posts: 65 Sandy Toes

@WhimsyGypsy Yes, it becomes a problem when you are a globe trotter. Changing times is a well known hack. Unfortunately, Zynga servers will not know if you are just another jet setter. Apart from showing them your flight tickets which is nonsense, just play the game when you are stable in one time zone. Just part of how today's technology works, there will be some limitations.