Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Join our Island Achievers of the Week Contest now and get a chance to win FREE Gems! Check the Official Rules for more info. To check the previous winners, please go to this link. Good luck, Tropic Hosts!
For the team to immediately check "cheater/hacker" reports, please send it directly to our Moderators
[Princess in Pink|LexaTheKatsumiBaby|Arcana|SilverSand] through a private message. Also, we like to remind you that posting personally identifiable information (like Inn Names or Beach Club Names) is against our Forums Rules of Conduct, 2. Courtesy and Respect. Thank you!

Negative feedback : Cruise Ship Events

lilybelllilybell Member Posts: 114 Hot Spring Indulger

Why would I sell 3 Sunstones to a cruise ship guest for 138 coins when I can get 1200 coins in the open market?
How do you expect people to participate in these events when you don't pay fairly?
This is why only 1/4 of our club participates in the cruise ship.

It takes hours to get the ingredients to make 1 item, then an hour or more to make it and guests want 5 of them.

It took me 4 days to get enough crystals to make 6 Quickstones I can sell for 400 coin but the cruise ship guest will only pay me 190 coin for 3 of them along with 4 edible glitter that takes 4 vanilla!

This event is a rip off! I'd rather sell on my Order Board. The helicopter gives less coin too but not as bad as these cruise ships.

Can't you give us more coin or change up the orders? It's always the same stuff they want. Can't you make it a variety or lower the total sunshine needed to win prizes?

The 1st cruise ship event, the the top prize needed only 17,000+ sunshines, now it can be over 100,000 , but usually around 80,000.
You took a fun event and made it frustrating, but if I don't participate, the rest in the club who do, will be understandably upset.

Tagged:

Comments

• hoochiehoochie Member Posts: 14 Caribbean Cruiser

Well said. My thoughts exactly

• bawabawa Member Posts: 70 Flirting with Flamingos
    In my opinion it is worth it at the end. The rewards are very good at each level and reaching the top is more challenging on some cruises, but that's where good team work comes in from your club.
  • lilybelllilybell Member Posts: 114 Hot Spring Indulger

@bawa said:
    In my opinion it is worth it at the end. The rewards are very good at each level and reaching the top is more challenging on some cruises, but that's where good team work comes in from your club.

Unfortunately on this cruise ship event, no one in our club has any visitors to fill orders.
    We did the 1st day an half the 2nd day, now nothing. No one in the club has any guests. We are 16,000 points away from winning all the prizes but the game is messed up AGAIN, so we won't make it.
    We have written Zynga, but they don't respond

• AnnPAnnP Member Posts: 7 Beach Bum

My two accounts will not be playing the cruise ship again. No one wants to play but my two and one other. The ship takes all my vanilla, clay and my time away from my game. Good luck to the other players.

• sparkle2csparkle2c Member Posts: 9 Beach Bum
    Please explain to me the purpose of inviting the guests! I was under the impression "invite" was to invite them to your island to fill their orders but for them to explore one's island as well. They only appear to leave the ship when time is running out to fill their orders and only venture so far on the island( ramp next to trade boat and the event island). Some issues when guests are invited(claimed) the order remains on the board, which makes it appears as unclaimed and available to others. Only noted as claimed when someone else tries to fill the same order. Once they are invited, their order should be removed and not visible to other club members. Once the goal/points have been reached, the cruise should be locked to prevent any additional orders from being filled - concentrate on the weekly tournment that is happening at the same time. I was also under the impression that the timer at the bottom brings new guests/orders every 15 mins- does that mean previous orders are removed or the order at the top is replaced by the new one. If visitors are not invited/ clamied, then the order needs to be removed every new 15 mins timer. In the real world, when guests are not invited or claimed, guests leave and business/island/players lose the opportunity to sell and make money. Same concept here with cruise ship.

You have to invite them to fill their orders, and it seems the game is set that others have some of the same guests depending on their level, so if they take the guest, you can't. If you restart the game the ones taken will usually disappear.
    You can see on the cruise stats tab who has what guest.
    I delete some guests and don't invite them if the order is too outrageous to fill and others come back as you pointed out.
    But the last cruise ship, others didn't come back and we had an issue of no guests for any member to fill.

• AnnpauljohnsonAnnpauljohnson Member Posts: 5 Beach Bum

Sick of cruise ship, let it be gone already. I will not play anymore.

• BasnjasBasnjas Member Posts: 124 Starfish

@lilybell said:
    You have to invite them to fill their orders, and it seems the game is set that others have some of the same guests depending on their level, so if they take the guest, you can't. If you restart the game the ones taken will usually disappear.
    You can see on the cruise stats tab who has what guest.
    I delete some guests and don't invite them if the order is too outrageous to fill and others come back as you pointed out.
    But the last cruise ship, others didn't come back and we had an issue of no guests for any member to fill.

How do you delete guests without inviting them? The only way I see is to invite them & then "skip" their order, getting them out of my invited guest list. This puts a timer on 1 slot for a period of time, but that's not a big deal. I was thinking about using this technique to get rid of the outrageous orders and try to make more sensible ones available, but I was worried those guests with those same orders would simply reappear again. Do you know if that will happen?

There is a red garbage pail to the left of the invite button

• otisgordonotisgordon Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

So, I still cant figure out how to sell to my guests. I produce what they want and they show up on my island with a check mark but there doesnt seem to be an option to sell to them. Can someone tell me what im missing?

@otisgordon said:
    So, I still cant figure out how to sell to my guests. I produce what they want and they show up on my island with a check mark but there doesnt seem to be an option to sell to them. Can someone tell me what im missing?

You click above their heads and slowly drag the items downwards to them, slowly.
    If you drag too far down their body, they don't take the items, usually around face neck level works

• BasnjasBasnjas Member Posts: 124 Starfish

@lilybell said:
    There is a red garbage pail to the left of the invite button

I don't see the garbage pail. Is it on a different screen?

Here's a picture. I had to take photo of my son's tablet since my cruise ship is not
    working

I guess this event has many glitches. My cruise ship stopped working on the 2nd day of the event and Zynga doesn't answer my enquiries as to why it froze.

• McWomble64McWomble64 Member Posts: 62 Sandy Toes
    edited January 14

These pic’s show the usual thing that Zynga is good at... different variants of the game for different ppl to play so that it “can be tested “ before everyone gets a chance at it. The only problem is their sloowwww rollout of stuff is taking months and months, and even then ppl are still waiting. I’m still waiting to get bonus gems for watching all videos on the spin n win “rubbish” wheel which replaced the telescope that worked perfectly fine.

This is the 4th week of the cruise ship, and we are back with the 80’s theme! Yet we were being asked for suggestions on themes and there is an abundance of variety being offered up, but Zynga is just snubbing us again.