Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

Here we go again, Leaderboard event with just temporary helper as our prize.

CincyLadyGalCincyLadyGal Member Posts: 361 Geode Collector
edited December 2017 in General Discussion

So, I have to ask the powers that be, why should we waste our time and resources on a leader board event, where the so called prize is a temporary helper that should you manage to finish in the top 3, who only stays 30 days if you win once, and 45 days if you win twice?

IMO, we deserve a permanent helper when we do a leader board event just like in Country Escape.

We already have too few permanent helpers as it is in TE, and already can't get all we need with the few permanent helper we do have!

A lot of us voiced our displeasure with the last leader board event, for these very same reasons.

To add insult to injury here, should you decide not participate in this event, you (also) can't sell your event items to your fellow game players who ARE playing the event.

What a waste.

@TropicHost01 @Princess in Pink is there anything you guys can do to suggest to the powers that be that this be changed when running leader board events? I mean when are we going to get some permanent guests/helpers? We're all stretched pretty thin here as it is!

I think we'd even be more enthusiastic if the prized guest lasted 6 months or more, and please, give us something other than that blasted penguin dressed up in various costumes. I loved it last year, when I won the elf and had her as a helper, not the silly penguin.

To everyone else, here is a picture of the so called prize which just isn't worth the effort IMO. I mean why should I work my **** off to be in the top 3 to win it, if it's only staying 30 days, and then have to do it all over again for a mere 15 days more?

Comments

• bushlady2bushlady2 Member Posts: 77 Flirting with Flamingos

I agree 100% Cindy. I've never liked leader board events and will not play them aggressively. I will complete the event quests. That's it.

• tropicdebtropicdeb Member Posts: 132 Starfish

I agree. I gave up competing for top spot in the regular leader board weekly game. I cringe at seeing another. Not enough guides to compete unless you pay real money. I'd rather work on completing an individual event than another stressed out leader board game. I play this game for personal enjoyment, not to get more stressed and forget real life. UGH

• SuzzSuzz Member Posts: 26 Coconut Collector

You can't sell items even if you participate. I hope fixes are coming soon

• kristo81kristo81 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

Agree tropicdeb. I’m finding it very frustrating that all I can buy in trade boat is orchids. I don’t think the powers that be thought this one through.

• CincyLadyGalCincyLadyGal Member Posts: 361 Geode Collector

@tropicdeb said:
    AND, now days of the trade boat over flowing with orchids.....

People don't seem to know where the delete option is in the silo. When I've played in the events that used rice or some other seeded produce, I would grow until my silo filled up, then went in there and delete the offending produce.

• LaZy_DayZLaZy_DayZ Member Posts: 12 Caribbean Cruiser
    In the birthday bash you ended up with 2 helpers. One,stayed 30 the other for 45. I assume this is the same.you can also delete the items if you aren't using them.
  • CincyLadyGalCincyLadyGal Member Posts: 361 Geode Collector

@LaZy_DayZ said:
    In the birthday bash you ended up with 2 helpers. One,stayed 30 the other for 45. I assume this is the same.you can also delete the items if you aren't using them.

No, it was the same helper. How it worked, is if you won the 1st time, the helper stayed 30 days. If you won both times, then that (same) helper stayed 45 days instead of 30 days.

I won both times and got 2 different helpers one stayed for 30 the other for 45
    Maybe was a glitch. Who knows... but I had 2 different penguins
  • KadchenKadchen Member Posts: 5 Tropical Tourist
    Not only that but we aren’t even competing against similar strength players. I’m at 51 and was up against a player at level 80! And wouldn’t it be nice if you could choose to play without spending $$$ to get there? Same complaint in every Zynga game. Agree that the “prize” isn’t worth it. Presumably all those people playing for the helper would save a lot of cash just renting one for the same amount of days!
  • BasnjasBasnjas Member Posts: 124 Starfish

@Kadchen said:
    Not only that but we aren’t even competing against similar strength players. I’m at 51 and was up against a player at level 80! And wouldn’t it be nice if you could choose to play without spending $$$ to get there? Same complaint in every Zynga game. Agree that the “prize” isn’t worth it. Presumably all those people playing for the helper would save a lot of cash just renting one for the same amount of days!

Actually, I came in 3rd and I've never spent a dime on this game. However, I'm not working right now so what I do spend is time. I've never had the gems to rent Shelly nor any of the specialty helpers, but I doubt I'll be able to compete once I start working again.

• harmonyhallgirlharmonyhallgirl Member Posts: 7 Beach Bum

Do you all think we will need the same crafts for the second part of the Christmas event?

@harmonyhallgirl said:
    Do you all think we will need the same crafts for the second part of the Christmas event?

I'm guessing so. I plan to stockpile for the next round. Actually, I like having something to craft for my Costume shop that doesn't take rare ingredients but is more than just a Captain's hat. I'm getting pretty sick of crafting those but they are often my only option. These reindeer ears are cute and easy to craft. Same with the drinks. Easy to craft and different than the usual.

• hot_mess101hot_mess101 Member Posts: 5 Beach Bum

Hi all, just a quick comment about the temporary helper, or Guide, awarded in the most recent holiday event. I have become very fond of the little penguin. He is a snorkeling machine, and far better than the members of my snorkel A Team. Give him a try in the water on his own and he will surprise you. Or try him with a couple of other guides. Just put him in first....so embarrassing to be stuck in that inner tube! Cheers

@hot_mess101 said:
    Hi all, just a quick comment about the temporary helper, or Guide, awarded in the most recent holiday event. I have become very fond of the little penguin. He is a snorkeling machine, and far better than the members of my snorkel A Team. Give him a try in the water on his own and he will surprise you. Or try him with a couple of other guides. Just put him in first....so embarrassing to be stuck in that inner tube! Cheers

Thanks! I tend to put him in my hot springs, but I will use him in my Coral reef instead. Appreciate the advice! :smile: