Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report a cheater? Just follow the instructions on this thread. Thanks!

Is participation in weekly tournaments mandatory?

SunkissesSunkisses Posts: 47Member Bungalow Guest
Do you have to participate in all tournaments or can you choose to not press the leadership board or are you automatically placed in a tourney group? Someone please help me

Comments

• ChrisWChrisW Posts: 141Member Reef Diver

Not at all, just ignore them if you don't want to play.

• SunkissesSunkisses Posts: 47Member Bungalow Guest
    @ChrisW can you tell me if Zynga will demote me if I don't participate ? I am a level ruby 2, and I'm being put in impossible groups 700,000 to 1,000,000 points with no hope of advancement. I have to struggle non-stop just to keep my head above water.
  • ChrisWChrisW Posts: 141Member Reef Diver

That I do not know. But if you don't participate you can't come in the bottom three and get demoted I suppose. If you find a sure answer do let me know :)

• phamtonphamton Posts: 1,093Member Paradise Perfectionist

You are automatically placed in a group each week, once you click on the tournament. I am not sure what happens if you never click on it, besides getting annoying pop ups reminding you to collect your rewards or to use your free boost. The only ones that can't be demoted or those who are bronze or silver. Luckily I am still silver, so I just glance at the tournament each week. If I am in an impossible group, then I just ignore it and collect whatever rewards I may have received. My last 4 tournaments, I have been in groups in which the top 5 finish with 250,000 or above. I can't compete with that. So rather than just get frustrated, I don't even attempt to catch up. About once every other month, I get in an OK group and then I put out some effort. But most of the time I just ignore it.

• caryltcarylt Posts: 108Member Hot Spring Indulger
    For the tournaments that have ridiculous #s on top. I just stay out of the bottom 3... Have made it to ruby 2... Eventually the clones or what ever they are will pass on by so us regular mortals can play...it does work...don't give your self a migraine trying to compete with them.
  • SunkissesSunkisses Posts: 47Member Bungalow Guest
    Thank you all so much for your answers
  • Beverly J Beverly J Posts: 188Member Mermaid's Scale Polisher
    > @phamton said:
    > You are automatically placed in a group each week, once you click on the tournament. I am not sure what happens if you never click on it, besides getting annoying pop ups reminding you to collect your rewards or to use your free boost. The only ones that can't be demoted or those who are bronze or silver. Luckily I am still silver, so I just glance at the tournament each week. If I am in an impossible group, then I just ignore it and collect whatever rewards I may have received. My last 4 tournaments, I have been in groups in which the top 5 finish with 250,000 or above. I can't compete with that. So rather than just get frustrated, I don't even attempt to catch up. About once every other month, I get in an OK group and then I put out some effort. But most of the time I just ignore it.

@phamton the best answer I have seen yet. I do except bonus spin, whatever I get so it be. I agree I look most of the time I won't play. I save all my sress for more important areas. Any why you said it well.
  • sisedo33sisedo33 Posts: 6Member Beach Bum

last tournament my resort changed three times. the last group was terrible. everybody had very high points. for three days my resort was the first or second. finally my resort was the 11 place. zynga must resolve this problem. its very difficult a resort began the tourtnament with 500000 points. its impossible. the game is hacked.

• michellepreciousmichelleprecious Posts: 105Member Hot Spring Indulger

The cheating going on is ridiculous. I bust my but non stop all week trying to get to 3 rd place just to have cheaters pass me up by 50,000 plus points in one hour. Why cant zygna remove these cheaters to give us a chance. Its sooooo frustrating. Then on top of that zygna took away my 2x crafting option under the specials. I used to use that to at least come up a little. Without that its impossible

• phamtonphamton Posts: 1,093Member Paradise Perfectionist

@michelleprecious said:
    Then on top of that zygna took away my 2x crafting option under the specials. I used to use that to at least come up a little. Without that its impossible

You lose the 2x crafting bonus as soon as you get the boost tab. If you can earn boosts then you can't buy the 2x crafting bonus. Since the boosts are a slow roll out I guess that makes it fair for those who can't get boosts yet.

• hoochiehoochie Posts: 23Member Island Bound

I too am getting disgusted with all the cheating and especially cloning that is taking place. I joined a beach club for three days and quit because they were pressuring me to learn cloning and I had no idea what they were talking about or for that matter I still don’t. If you noticed some of the requirements for joining some clubs is to know cloning. I posted once before about cloning and ask what it was. I got a message stating they were removing my post because it was a form of cheating. So in other words. Shhhhhhhhhh and sweep it under the rug. If they would look at clubs and what the clubs are looking for in new members they could shut down many of them.

• Cobwebs13Cobwebs13 Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist

Wow! U mean there are cheaters?! I have been struggling just to maintain my level and get demoted! I was like saying "comon, give me a break" and was about to just quit. Lost the fun already. Now I know I dont really have to join the tournament! Phew ! Thanks