Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread.
Join our Island of the Week Contest now and get a chance to win FREE Gems!! Simply post a screenshot of your Island, Tropic Hosts! Don't forget to read the contest rules here and post your entries here. To check the previous winners, please go to this link. Good luck!

Why is every new item so ...... expensive???

bearikebearike Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I loved Tropic Escape initially, but I am losing interest. It is so incredibly slow to progress. Every new item is so insanely expensive! Took me two weeks to collect enough money to bug an avocado tree for 85 000. And I am in hikidays so have time to play. The new extension costs 200 000 the glass workshop probably 100 000. How am I going to collect so much money? And the guests orders pay ridiculously low. Like I had an order for 2 gold bars and 4 other items and it would have paid 525. It takes 500 to make 1 gold bar. And 3 hours. This is ridiculous! Buying coins with real money is also out of question. That us also insaneky expensive. Like buying the glass workshop would cost 200 real dollars. Are you real? That is a ripoff. No wonder players keep disappearing, there is hardly anyboday active in my coop. You have to make items cheaper, or more rewards for selling stuuf and completing tasks, and definitely less pricey to buy coins for real cash.

Comments

• judikayjudikay Member Posts: 43 Shark Bait
    I agree! I unlocked the old mill ($20k), jewele($15k?), coco tree ($15k), um. The costume shop? What's that? Some hats & a pink Lei for like $20k or more? Plus the nature center takes 13 DAYS to unlock unless you have 300 gems??? This is stupid!
  • McWomble64McWomble64 Member Posts: 53 Pineapple Purist
    edited July 17

I'm lvl 36, getting close to lvl 37. I have saved up half a mil in credits ready for the next purchase. No real money spent on this or any iPad game played. Patience is required to come out on top, although Zynga is making it very hard to play the game for free with the reduction of free gems it gives out now ( makes you want to spend money ) but I'm in no hurry to finish the game, and it's going to take a lot longer to finish now.

Forgot to say, you'll earn more money selling to other players than filling the order board.

• BoopedooBoopedoo Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I agree you cannot keep up with all the new items on each level because unless you send a lot of money you cannot get anything . You don't enough money comparable to the cost.

• vlsm1020vlsm1020 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    Need to lower prices of stuff we have to buy. Really like the game but takes too long to aquire enough needed.
  • judyc123judyc123 Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist
    Nothing on the game pays big so it takes forever to save enough to buy anything... No wonder you lose interest. And why does it cost a bundle to get help for a little while. Should be able to keep.
  • mamaoriemamaorie Member Posts: 35 Beachcomber
    Yes I agree ....i love game but it's expensive and then when u finally get it.. it takes 3days and Zynga said u were lowering ex to lvl.well not seeing it 196000 just to half .....and while on rant please please please club locks.
  • Cyrsly_BrknCyrsly_Brkn Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    I agree with everyone here on this forum it cost way too much for items and I mean like 50,000 for the Shipwreck another 35,000 for a rubber tree, to name just a couple and each level that you go to they get higher in order to buy them. Just ridiculous they're insanely out-priced.
  • DebareenaDebareena Member Posts: 6 Beach Bum
    Also, how about some new decorations like flowers and such that are reasonably priced? Then we can beautify our islands a bit more. :)
  • harvey92101harvey92101 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    Selling Lava cakes make the most money . but it took forever to save enough sand dollars to purchase second coco tree . and takes forever to get 4 beans . I had to purchase gems twice to get ahead some . I'm done with purchasing on this game . everything cost to much coins . to open up.
  • MerriMerri Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    I agree! Everything is outrageously priced!! I also don't like that you can't see how many coins you need in order to purchase the next item until you are on the level where you can actually get the item!! I would like to know in advance so I'll know how much to save until I can purchase whatever shop or tree I need next!! Face it everyone, Zynga is here to make money!!
  • Dan154Dan154 Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

The amount of XP needed to progress to next level is ridiculous and makes me bored of it. And the cost of items as you progress is insane ... 35k for a rubber tree? I really enjoyed the game at the beginning as you progressed through the levels faster but it's painfully slow now and I'm only at level 24. It's also too hard to gather items needed to expand. I really enjoy the game but will not be paying real money for coins or gems.