Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impress us with your awesome Island and have a chance to win some FREE Gems! Don't forget to read the contest rules here and post your entries here. To check the previous winners, please go to this link. Good luck!
Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread.

Game Freezes When Watching Progressive Video Ad

villacostalottavillacostalotta Posts: 9Member Beach Bum
edited March 22 in Bugs & Issues

Can't watch video's keep's coming up something about rotate your device. I have tried everything, even turned my iPad on and back on. Nothing work's
HELP please !!!!!!!!

Comments

• phamtonphamton Posts: 253Member Island Enthusiast
    edited March 21

That is the ad for Geico insurance. You play Tropic Escape with your iPad so that the long side is horizontal. For that ad you need to turn the iPad so the long side of your iPad is vertical.
    Your iPad is usually held like a movie screen. You need to turn it so the screen is like a legal document or a letter.

• OlygraceOlygrace Posts: 0Member Tropical Tourist
    edited March 21
    Unable to get any of diamonds due to insurance game ad keeps freezing my game
  • soooo1077soooo1077 Posts: 0Member Daydreamer

When i try to watch videos to collect gems i am told to have my device in landscape mode. My device is in landscape mode but the videos will not play.

• klrayklray Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist

Its the progressive video with flo playing scrabble. It plays the video, froze my tablet and I restarted the tablet, now wont let me collect the gems. Shows the video then goes off with no way to collect.

• KasvanceKasvance Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist
    I keep getting the progressive word game over & over, no diamonds & it locks my game .... I have updated & am on the most recent version
  • nananan3nananan3 Posts: 26Member Coconut Collector
    I'm also not receiving gems for watching videos...worked fine until this morning...i get the progressive insurance video over and over but not receiving gems...i am on the most current version, have been since last update...like I said, worked fine until this morning....please fix...i count on those gems..especially at level 43....

I realized today that the ad is Progressive Insurance not Geico insurance. But you need to rotate your iPad for that ad.

• JespoJespo Posts: 6Member Beach Bum

When I go to watch video to earn gems, it never loads and then an error message come us about video best viewed in portrait. Even when I rotate device still nothing

• Timmiesgal66Timmiesgal66 Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist

I keep having to watch the progressive video but I never get any gems no other videos available watched it like a dozen times in 2 days no gems

• egbaregbar Posts: 0Member Daydreamer
    Lately I have been getting the same video from Progressive. You can't go past it and I don't want to sign in to anything. It sucks!
  • CrazyHayLadyCrazyHayLady Posts: 957Member Frog Kisser

Did you turn your device when it says landscape mode detected? After i turn my device, video plays and Gem is awarded.

B)
    CHL

Loving the newest update!!
  • Caro_KayakCaro_Kayak Posts: 193Member Mermaid's Scale Polisher

I had that for the first time today
    Rotated to portait 5 times and got my free gems ...
    Sorry it didn't work for you ....

• Caro_KayakCaro_Kayak Posts: 193Member Mermaid's Scale Polisher

Landscape to portrait ...
    Had it for the first time today but still managed to get my free gems :)

• haroldharold Posts: 3Member Tropical Tourist

2 days worth of videos and no gems + the progressive insurance video wants you to turn sideways or it wont play and after you do the game seizes up

@Caro_Kayak said:
    Landscape to portrait ...

Thanks, I couldn't remember what you called it when you turn your tablet or iPad around.