Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you experiencing the Flooding issue on your island? If so, please fill out this form: http://zynga.my/Hawaii_Flooding-issue_fm
Impress us with your awesome Island and have a chance to win some FREE Gems! Don't forget to read the contest rules here and post your entries here. To check the previous winners, please go to this link. Good luck!
Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread.

Negative Feedback: Leaderboard Bucketing (unfair/removal of bots)

JodiebeqJodiebeq Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist
edited March 13 in Feedback & Suggestions

It seems like this week, I'm somehow ranked with others not in my Beach club. Is there some sort of bug?

Comments

• TrayBreezeTrayBreeze Member Posts: 15 Wave Watcher
    edited February 18
    Although I love the challenge of playing real players in the tournament now, I think it is extremely unfair to be selected to run against players that are 10 levels higher!!! I am level 35 and I am playing against level 45 resorts! Of course they have more outputs than I do-there is no chance of coming close to the top 3. I am not sure how Zynga selects who plays who, but the 15 you run against should all be at the same level!!! Motivation is lost when there is no chance from the very beginning.
  • lynnlynn Member Posts: 232 Souvenir Collector

In other games, Zynga has always grouped players across a wide range of levels. And some players spend unlimited real money to compete. It's the zynga way. And there have been people on the forum who complained about playing bots, but I bet they change their tune when they see the alternative!

• TrayBreezeTrayBreeze Member Posts: 15 Wave Watcher
    To be honest I didn't mind playing the bots and getting rewarded with the prized animal-at first. It did eventually become dull, so I was excited for the challenge with real players. I think Zynga should group players together that are within 5 levels max. 10 is a bit high-the highest score that the current top 3 players have are in the 200,000 mark-more than double what I will ever reach!! It's a waste of time. I did not complain before, but I certainly am now.
  • chickenmommachickenmomma Member Posts: 7 Beach Bum
    I totally agree! I'm trying to compete against an island whose best is 458,000 points! I'm level 39 and never been remotely close to that! Decided to not spend diamonds on tournaments, just trying to level up. Hope they change it back to bots. Motivated me more.
  • NessaNessa Member Posts: 163 Parties with Monkeys

What do you mean when you say playing "bots?" I have heard that term several times and remain completely clueless.

• Sandra_SSandra_S Member Posts: 675 Shipwreck Scavenger
    Bots/robots are not real players.
  • Caro_KayakCaro_Kayak Member Posts: 215 Souvenir Collector

I still have bots

• Tink862Tink862 Member Posts: 474 Smoothie Sipper
    edited March 13
    @Nessa if your tournament looks like the one below then you are playing against bots and you only need to get to 13,501 points and you'll take first place. The bots don't go past 13,500 points from what I understand. If your tournament is showing actual profile pictures then you are playing with live players.

Mine looks just like that. No wonder I never feel challenged.....

edited February 22
    Ok @nessa now you know you only need 13,501 points to win! :smile: trust me going against live players is almost impossible unless you have a endless supply of hard cash. :smile:
  • fairymnsterfairymnster Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

Sorry but i disagree, im only level 25 and have placed 1st four times and 3rd twice.

edited February 22
    Disagree with what? It is a fact that the bots do not go higher than 13,500 points. If you fell below that total than yes you will not place first. If you are playing against LIVE players @fairymnster than NO the above mentioned does not apply to you. If your tournament looks like the above photo I posted than it applies. :neutral:

I'm definitely planning to pay closer attention to future tournaments. Thank you Tink for taking time to explain. To me it will be much easier knowing this. It will be a much more relaxed time!

Tink! Another question. I do notice that each tournament 1-3 or 4 bot-islands do not participate. I (smugly) thought that since I dominate every one of the tournaments that they just didn't try. I have won every one since I started playing, roughly since the game was released....
    so to my question. Exactly what is a "bot"? And why would some stop?

edited February 22
    @Nessa a bot is a type of software app or script that works on command. The creators use it because they can perform repetitive tasks like the tournament. I'm assuming that's why you may be seeing some of the bots just stop playing. They may have only been programmed to go so far. Those are good bots!!! Now there are bad bots that attackers use to take over peoples computers. You can search bots, botnets, zombies on the net and it will tell you more in depth all about them. On the other hand, the creators could really shake things up if they toggled the overall total the bots would get to. Meaning if they changed it every tournament. One week it's 13,501 the next week it's 22,288 points just some random number rather than a preset. I mean a random attainable number of course! :smile: :smile: :wink:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Daydreamer

Hello, Tropic Hosts!

We appreciate your feedback about this. Please send Me or Princess in Pink a screenshot of the Unfair Tournament Matchups that you're seeing in your game and your Player IDs through a private message so that we can have your concern reviewed by the team.
    Thanks.

How do I take a screenshot ?

iOS
    Android

• mikaSantitamikaSantita Member Posts: 495 Smoothie Sipper
    edited March 13
    It's the Crafting Boost (20 gems, 30 minutes) that makes the Tournament inequitable. The Tournament has become a feature that is favorable only to the big spenders who have money to throw away. I've yet to win Top Rank since I started playing against real players a month ago. Players who are levels lower than me win everytime no matter how much time I put into the game crafting.

I'm not complaining. I've come to accept the Tournament is not for everyone. And I understand zynga has to earn.

I know enough to know that I don't know enough

Wow! That's awful! I'd stop participating in the tournament all together and just focus on crafting and selling if I had to play against that. No way and no thanks Zynga. Hope that's not the direction they're going in, to go live with everyone. :#

Tink, thanks for the info. I still don't understand the need for bots. Why not just let people compete against people??....of course that is just a hypothetical question.

• mikaSantitamikaSantita Member Posts: 495 Smoothie Sipper
    Been doing just that, @Tink862 :smiley: I don't even bother checking my ranking during the Tournament stage, and just work on getting the 3 stars

I know enough to know that I don't know enough

• beezeebeezee Member Posts: 113 Hot Spring Indulger

@Nessa you will definitely understand when you play with real people and how aggressively they play compared to bots and wish the bots were back

• DidoDido Member Posts: 102 Hot Spring Indulger

I would hate to play real people. At least with the bots, you stand a chance of winning

Awww that's a shame @mikaSantita that a whole aspect of the game has been stripped from you. Admittedly I'm with you though, I will not participate in that other than trying to obtain 3 stars to get my achievement award, and I will not, no I refuse to spend money to do so. I'm really sorry. I feel bad that that part of the game is no longer appealing. :(
  • Caro_KayakCaro_Kayak Member Posts: 215 Souvenir Collector
    edited February 23

You need to get a good head start before the tournament begins - then use your free boost and carry on crafting ....
    Some people boost their options using gems big time - but that is their gameplay :p
    At level 42 my highest crafting points were 89,785 but boy did I work my socks off crafting with only my free boost :)
    PS. It does get easier when you get higher up the food chain :)

I'm getting a bit bored with it.... for some reason I just don't care this time... but I'm ahead, as always.... no competition.

Im stop carimg about gettimg 1st place some time ago. Just try to getting 3 stars.
    @Nessa you might change your mind if you're changed to live players and you start your tournament in 9th place because 8th place already has over 150k points and 1st place has 450k with 3 days to go. Be thankful you still have bots. :smile: