Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

How do I get more likes?

Purdylady4uPurdylady4u Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

How do I get more likes?

Answers

• jnjjnj Member Posts: 21 Island Bound

Are you asking for likes here or on your island?

• Tink862Tink862 Member Posts: 477 Smoothie Sipper
    You are at the mercy of other players. There is no way to ask for likes. Although they serve no purpose other than a popularity contest with yourself it is nice to see that people take the time to like what you have posted to sell. If you're posting the standard items gold bars, lobsters and things that appear to be in ample supply chances of someone taking the time to hit the like button are slim. When I'm bored I will just randomly go down the global market and just hit everyone's like button. If I indeed purchase from someone out of courtesy I always hit their like button. If I see you on the market I will hit your like button. Good luck! :smile:
  • phamtonphamton Member Posts: 1,754 Lava Lounger

I always thought that I was doing them a favor by buying from them not that they are doing me a favor for selling something. When I buy something from a store I don't send a thank you note to the store manager for letting me buy something from them. The people selling need the money or the room and I buy because I want the product. Although I do buy from low level players to help them out even if I don't need what they are selling.

I also don't get the "likes" since it doesn't help you in the game at all. I can't even see who it was that liked me, only a number but no names. I sell things in the market to help a team member or because I don't need it ( like I have too many) or because I need the coins or the storage. I wish I could thank people for buying from me. I certainly don't need to be thanked or "liked" for selling something. They did me a favor by buying from me.

Well given the constant complaining about the current state of the global market, one would think they'd be thankful to find high end items up for sale. Guess not!! :neutral:
  • hopper77hopper77 Member Posts: 287 Friend of Zemi
    I always get a notification from the person that liked my island. Gives me there name and everything.
  • phamtonphamton Member Posts: 1,754 Lava Lounger
    edited January 2017

@hopper77 said:
    I always get a notification from the person that liked my island. Gives me there name and everything.

I have never received a notification. I play on my iPhone.

@Tink862 said:
    Well given the constant complaining about the current state of the global market, one would think they'd be thankful to find high end items up for sale. Guess not!! :neutral:

I never said I wasn't thankful to find the item. I am grateful to find any item I am shopping for whether it is on the game or in a real live store. :) But I am assuming that people are selling the item because they have too many or need the money. I never thought they were making it and selling it out of the goodness of their heart. But maybe I am wrong. On the other hand I am very grateful when someone buys my items and I wish I could say thanks for that.

I play on Android and am connected through Facebook @phamton
    edited January 2017
    Notifications are turned off if you're not getting the alerts as to who liked your boat or island. I turned mine off from the start. Highly disruptive. iPhone user. Which reminds me. Likes are just not for boats. Likes are for enjoying how some one has decorated their island. If I assist with a heli order on global I always take the time to enjoy how others have decorated their islands. Even if I can't assist with the heli order I always give their hard work a like.
    edited January 2017
    @Tink862 , I love looking and liking other peoples islands in the global market. It's also a great way to get decorating ideas! Hope they expand the decorations in the near future. Would be nice to make our islands a bit more personalized.
  • ruby313ruby313 Member Posts: 10 Beach Bum
    edited January 2017
    Wrong thread! There is a specific section as to where you can request additional friends.
  • 7Up7Up Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    What do farmers need the most ? So i can make it and sell it to earn likes ??
  • DogPoundDogPound Member Posts: 23 Island Bound
    edited June 24

@7Up said:
    What do farmers need the most ? So i can make it and sell it to earn likes ??

Expansion parts are the favorites, then resources (Iron Ore, Jasmine, etc), Orange Crystals, consumables (Ceviche, Truffle Fries, Captain Hats, etc.) then lastly those items that take a long time to make like Salt Scrubs, Good Luck charms, etc. What people tend to skip over the are easy to make items that cost a lot like Seasoning Shakers, Acai Smoothies, etc. And NOBODY wants Bell Peppers and Macadamia nuts, in fact people get p*ssed if that is all there is for sale they are so common.