Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

When will the issues that were caused by the recent update be fixed?

CincyLadyGalCincyLadyGal Posts: 359Member Spelunker
edited November 2016 in General Discussion

Hi @Princess in Pink @Foo_Fighter @ArcticF0xx

It's been days now ... every night I go to sleep and it's still not fixed, but hoping when I wake up the next morning, it will be. Every morning I'm disappointed.

I'd like to know what crazy person decided it would be cool to fix/change something that wasn't broken!

I had no problems with the FB Friends bar .. and then somebody thinks .. hey .. it'll be cool to change it to 'beach buddies' and break everything!

At least give us the danged option to go back to the older software version that worked!

I've actually spent thousands of real money dollars on Zynga games ... maybe even over 10 grand in the last few years .. but why should I throw more good money after bad when this game is now seriously broken!

Very VERY Frustrated right now!

I swore I'd wouldn't invest in another Zynga game .. I guess I must deserve what I get for deciding to give Zynga another chance with this game. I'm scratching my head now wondering why I would think this would be a different outcome that Zynga's other games.

In fact, TE is the worst of them by far! I've never had such a horrible experience with the other Zynga games, as I've had with TE!

Plus, now I can't even find the thread that was here Wednesday and even on Thursday talking about the issues with the new update either!

The Silence from Zynga is Deafening! They don't even have on their website for TE that this is a known issue either, nor has anyone added this issue to the known issues page which was last updated in October! There are lots and lots of threads about the problems caused by previous updates, but not one specifically with a title stating as such for the most recent update that is causing the current issues.

I need to be able to get sunshine and buy things from my FB Friends! I'm totally crippled in the game now!

Please fix this problem now! At the very least, please update the Zynga Support site for TE, not to mention here, letting us know what is going on with the problem and when we can expect it to be fixed!

I sure hope it's today that it gets fixed, as there is a rumor going around that Zynga is going to be a 3 day holiday and nothing will get fixed until next week. I sure hope that's not the case.

Comments

• ShangrilalalaShangrilalala Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist

What I don't understand is why, if you have capable people doing all the updates, do you keep them around when they screw things up so badly? You want your games to be so popular yet you do not hire people who know what they are doing when it comes to updating the game. How about this idea, next time you do an update lock ALL players from all over the world out of the game. Update it, fix any bugs and then let us all back in. My guess it we would all be locked out for a very long time because you can't figure out how to update the game without **** players out of being able to play. So I am sorry but you all FAIL MISERABLY when it comes to keeping us happy.

• MaryholdMaryhold Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist
    I love this game. But it always having some issue. Need to fix this new update. It has been 4 days noe I can't send or recieve sunshine. I can't see all my friends. I can't play bc I can't so nothing. Please this issue
  • stellarvorestellarvore Posts: 4Member Tropical Tourist

I had plans to buy a lot more gems this week but now that the game is basically broken, why should I spend another dime on it? I've decided to keep my money until the issue is resolved, and if it isn't resolved until next week I will spend the money on something else more worthy. I also think we should be compensated for all the game-play we've missed out on since the update broke the game. This is ridiculous!

• TerenceTerence Posts: 442Member Mango Muncher

@CincyLadyGal said:

In fact, TE is the worst of them by far! I've never had such a horrible experience with the other Zynga games, as I've had with TE!

Zynga is attempting to make huge network moves with the recent update i.e. full disclose on player stats + full access to any island in the game. When this happens, Zynga servers will need to coordinate with Facebook server in complex new ways. Just sayin.

Don't judge by what you have experienced in the past. But what companies can achieve in the future.

Level 38
    Beach Club: Road To 41
    facebook.com/tropicescapegamer

• mona3msmona3ms Posts: 6Member Beach Bum
    can this be fixed ZYNGA ?
  • FrancesFrances Posts: 61Member Sandy Toes

[](https://us.v-cdn.net/6028576/uploads/editor/d0/oy2vjycaxhtl.png "I think if zynga was to remove the little icon that are in corner of every co op, then I'm sure we could see all our Fb friends. Or Atleast give us the old version till they fix the new version.

• lilcatfeet56lilcatfeet56 Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist

@Terence said:

Don't judge by what you have experienced in the past. But what companies can achieve in the future.

This is ridiculous, what else do we have to go on except past experiences? Years of frustration with Country Escape, now only months in and Tropic is becoming a huge mess as well. Are you on the payroll??

• CincyLadyGalCincyLadyGal Posts: 359Member Spelunker
    edited November 2016

@Terence said:

@Terence , the reason I brought it up, is that it seems to be an intrinsic problem with a lot of Zynga's games.

They are in such a rush to add levels, expand and add new features, that they don't bother to fix the current problems at hand.

Prime example is Farmville 2.

There are connection issues galore with that game, constant crashing, and the announcement that the major web browsers are no longer going to be supporting the prime operating system that FV2 uses .. Adobe Flash.

Instead of stopping, and addressing and fixing the current issues with FV2, Zynga plows full steam ahead with no regards (or understanding) to the fact that because they didn't fix the underlying issues in the first place, those issues are now causing problems with their new features as well.

CE is a farily stable game, but it too has had issues in the past. A lot of people were screaming for months, no years to bring out the Mariner.

However, for once, Zynga took it's time .. made sure that CE was for the most part a stable APP/Game before it started adding new features, new levels, new places to expand.

Too bad Zynga didn't use the same model here before they went pellmell, helter skelter and blundering forward without first fixing the current issues this new game already had, before adding more stuff to it, and thus breaking the other major issue it had for the most part resolved, or at least got it working well enough you could play the game, that the previous major update the end of September fixed.

Even with that update, the biggie where we lost tradeboat slots we paid for, was pretty much fixed within a day or two.

Now they are dragging their feet in getting this fixed.

What they really need to do is get rid of the beach buddies for now, and put back the code they had from the last update, that fixed this problem the last time!

I for one don't appreciate their cutie Beach Buddies anyway .. I liked what we had before, and I really don't appreciate the fact that just because someone thought it would be cute to have 'beach buddies' instead of a FB friends bar, that we're all paying the price now for that lack of judgement.

Like the old saying goes (which I apply to the FB friends issue) ... if it ain't broke .. don't fix it!

• Princess in PinkPrincess in Pink Posts: 1,186Community Moderator Community Moderator

As a player, I know how important it is to have Facebook Friends so I understand your frustrations. Rest assured that the team is doing their best to fix this issue and we are asking for your additional patience. Thank you so much, Tropic Hosts!

@Princess in Pink said:
    As a player, I know how important it is to have Facebook Friends so I understand your frustrations. Rest assured that the team is doing their best to fix this issue and we are asking for your additional patience. Thank you so much, Tropic Hosts!

What is even MORE frustrating is how some people now have access to their FB friends even with the new update but I and others don't.

Why some have access and other's don't is what I'd like to know for sure!

Sigh .. yet another morning disappointment. Even worse .. some in my Beach club have told me that their problem has been fixed since yesterday .. yet mine still isn't.

It just isn't fair ..

I miss having my FB friends in my Friends and Beach Club markets yes, but what I really miss the most .. is the loss of most of the sunshine I was getting on a daily basis.

That loss of the incoming stream of sunshine is what hurts (my play) the most.

Sigh ...

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for all of you who are still having this problem of not having your FB friends in your 'Beach Buddies' section or in your FB Friends and Beach Club market.

Is there one person who is not part of your Beach Club who IS showing up in both?

If so, what is that persons name?

Just taking a little survey here ... is all as I've asked a few people and it seems that everyone I've asked who is still having the problem ... has just one lone person in both those sections who is not a part of their Beach Club.

• CrazyHayLadyCrazyHayLady Posts: 971Member Frog Kisser

In my Clubhouse everyone who did the update is now showing up. I proactively asked ClubHouse members who were not showing up to do the update.

B)
    CHL

Loving the newest update!!

The only one we saw so far is called "Town Player"

B)
    CHL

Sigh .. I'm wondering if this will ever be fixed :(

@Princess in Pink @Foo_Fighter @ArcticF0xx it's been a week now .. and it's STILL broken. Any idea when Zynga will get this fixed?

I've also talked with others as well who really hate the Beach Buddies thing .. we miss our FB Friends toolbar!

It's impossible with the new Beach Buddies to see if your FB friend needs helicopter help or not.

Why not go back to something that worked .. and give us back our FB toolbar and hopefully access to our FB Friends in the game again!

Hi Everyone,

In light of the recent problems with FB and the recent update ... thanks to another player, I found this link which will tell you how many of your FB friends are playing as well.

This link is one I used on my Computer:

https://www.facebook.com/search/me/games/game/apps/intersect

Scroll down and you can see how many of your FB friends play the game. For me I have 310 FB friends who play, even though for me .. no matter what I do, only 1 FB is showing up in the game itself.

edited November 2016

Sigh .. I had my hopes up this morning when I saw an update to the game in my google play store ... they were quickly dashed when I realized that I still don't have access to my FB friends. :(

• SanctuarySanctuary Posts: 11Member Caribbean Cruiser

The constant crashing is frustrating but I am also not being awarded gems when I complete clipboard tasks....it is not even worth it to do them. This has been going on for a week. I think they should get rid of the clipboard if you arent going to get the gems...

edited November 2016

@Sanctuary I rarely get Gems earned it is usually Quick Sand or other items. The Clipboard quests are an optional item to do as you progress in the game. If you continue to have problems receiving Gems. You should take a snapshot just before completing and right after showing your Gems not counting. Then report the missing Gems to Player support by going to the gears in your game>Settings>Help>Player Support.

There was also an update on Android recently.

B)
    CHL

• SanctuarySanctuary Posts: 11Member Caribbean Cruiser

No place to leave the screenshots. This was not helpful!

• JoleneJolene Posts: 35Member Beachcomber
    edited November 2016
    The November 18th update for Android fixed absolutely nothing!! For some players, it even made the game WORSE than the November 8th update did!!
    edited November 2016

Yeah, Zynga is pretty much now ignoring us and I doubt will ever fix the problem. I've not seen an update either from @Princess in Pink @Foo_Fighter or @ArcticF0xx in this thread either for some time now.

I also got a survey today in my email asking in regards to the ticket I opened up about this (they've stopped responding to my emails to them I might add) about how I thought they did.

I gave them the lowest rating possible and told them off.

Now there is speculation going around that they did this on purpose to punish those of us who have lots of FB friends.

I've even seen where @Terence has posted that supposedly this was done to punish those who clone.

Well while I don't think Cloning is cheating (because I stand up for the principle that if something is against the rules, it should specifically be stated as such ... like Time traveling is stated as such for TE), I don't actually clone in TE.

If what @Terence has said is true, then I'm being punished for an infraction that I didn't commit.

I've also learned what I considered cloning and what others considered and did is two different things.

Based on a conversation I had with someone, the form of cloning that was actually being talked about was something called 'mass cloning' which I don't even know how to do.

The cloning I talked about in these forums was called 'old fashioned' or 'old style' cloning like what is sometimes done in Country Escape.

In any case, I don't clone myself in TE if for no other reason other than the fact it's just too hard and has always been too hard to do it in TE with the timers and such.

Some have gotten their access back to their FB friends in the game by reducing their total number of FB friends to under 99 FB friends in total.

I can't do that ... if for no other reason other than the fact I also play Farmville 2 itself, the Web Based game, and there you need all the FB friend you can get.

Many of those FB friends also play FV2CE and Farmville TE as well.

Plus, why should I give up all my FB friends for one game?

it's going on 3 weeks now ... and the problem still isn't fixed and we're getting nothing but crickets (aka silence) from everyone connected to Zynga ... which is all very frustrating.

Sigh ... I knew I shouldn't play anymore Zynga games ... and I guess this is the price I'm now paying for ignoring that promise to myself.

Lesson learned ... for sure .. no more Zynga games where I spend real money on them. That way when the screw it up ... I can abandon them not thinking about the real money I've spent in the game (like I did with this one and the other Zynga games I play).

I've spent like $10,000 maybe more in real money on Zynga games ... and this is the thanks I get.

Very frustrated I am.

• TerenceTerence Posts: 442Member Mango Muncher

@CincyLadyGal woah cowgal, I didn't say it was a punishment for those who cloned lol.

I only offered a conspiracy theory that this was a way for Zynga to try to contain the further distribution of the massive stockpiles of stored expansion parts produced with airplane cloning after the cloning fix kicked in.

So say, if I were Zynga, my first priority would be players with hundreds of friends since the impact of further distribution is highest with this group. As I said this is a conspiracy theory for the fun of it. Take it for what it's worth.

Level 38
    Beach Club: Road To 41
    facebook.com/tropicescapegamer

@Terence said:
    @CincyLadyGal woah cowgal, I didn't say it was a punishment for those who cloned lol.

I only offered a conspiracy theory that this was a way for Zynga to try to contain the further distribution of the massive stockpiles of stored expansion parts produced with airplane cloning after the cloning fix kicked in.

So say, if I were Zynga, my first priority would be players with hundreds of friends since the impact of further distribution is highest with this group. As I said this is a conspiracy theory for the fun of it. Take it for what it's worth.

Sorry then @Terence ...

Sigh .. it's been almost 2 months ... and this still isn't fixed!

• michellepreciousmichelleprecious Posts: 105Member Hot Spring Indulger

Since the update I have items stuck in my selling slots! Every one else see blank slots but on my end it's still full and I can't sell anything to my friends! Also it's constantly saying oops can't buy item when I go to purchase something! It takes my money but I don't get the item! Also why don't we have an option to lock our items for our co op so global doest steal it before my friends get it! Sooo frustrating! Zygna please get your **** together

This discussion has been closed.