Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

FIXED: Unable to update game version/content on web

TPT16TPT16 Member Posts: 1 Daydreamer
edited June 15 in Bugs & Issues

Hi I play on facebook but when i first hit the play button once the game loads that i need to update my game in the cloud - how do i do that?

Comments

• Virginia_AVirginia_A Member Posts: 18 Wave Watcher

I tried to help a beach club member and got message saying I had an older version and telling me to update. Is that in settings? Everything else is working.

• gillianslgilliansl Member Posts: 31 Dances with Dolphins

I do NOT play tropic escape on a phone, (those are for phone calls!) I play it on my computer but it's saying I need to update the game. HOW do I do that for a desktop PC?

• drivetdrivet Member Posts: 10 Caribbean Cruiser

I just came to see how to update on my PC. I've updates on the iphone to the newest version but it's not updated on Facebook.

I have a reply but it doesn't work: Restart the app completely.

1. Type “Task Manager” in Windows search bar. You’ll see Task Manager app, just click on it to open.
    2. Now, Select the application or process that you want to kill, for that just right click on that particular process, you’ll find “End Task” option. Click on it to stop the process.

Restart your computer

1. Click on the start button to open the Start Menu
    2. Click on the ‘Power’ button then click on Restart
  • myownislandmyownisland Member Posts: 5 Beach Bum

How do PC users using Google web browser update new game version?

• FarmVillagerFarmVillager Member, Community Moderator Posts: 22 Community Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience, @TPT16, @Virginia_A, @gilliansl, @myownisland, and sorry to hear that the workarounds you've received didn't work, @drivet. However, I'm happy to let you all know that this issue of updating content on your web browser has recently been corrected by our team, so please refresh/force close your game for the fix to take effect. Let me know if anything comes up, thanks.

See you all on your Island soon.

@drivet said:
    I have a reply but it doesn't work: Restart the app completely.

1. Type “Task Manager” in Windows search bar. You’ll see Task Manager app, just click on it to open.
    2. Now, Select the application or process that you want to kill, for that just right click on that particular process, you’ll find “End Task” option. Click on it to stop the process.

Restart your computer

1. Click on the start button to open the Start Menu
    2. Click on the ‘Power’ button then click on Restart

I turn my computer off EVERY night, and restart it in the am. Chrome updates fine, as does FB, but the game does NOT update.

I turn my computer off EVERY night, and restart it in the am. Chrome updates fine, as does FB, but the game does NOT update.

@FarmVillager said:
    Apologies for the inconvenience, @TPT16, @Virginia_A, @gilliansl, @myownisland, and sorry to hear that the workarounds you've received didn't work, @drivet. However, I'm happy to let you all know that this issue of updating content on your web browser has recently been corrected by our team, so please refresh/force close your game for the fix to take effect. Let me know if anything comes up, thanks.

Restarting games now.... ANNNNND.... "Out of date, mate!" I should have a yellow boat instead of the pink one, but the game will NOT update.

• CathsEscapeCathsEscape Member Posts: 4 Tropical Tourist

I am using Microsoft Edge on my PC, restart every day - when I go to help Claire's Inn I am told my game is out of date. It does not update when I restart. Help please.

@FarmVillager said:

There has been another update and this time Tropic Escape just won't load. I don't think it's a total fix for us using Facebook/google to play this game.

Ah, no this is NOT fixed, as I've done everything I have been told to do and the game will NOT update. Period. I still have that stupid pink and white boat and error messages about being out of date. I'm on a desktop PC with Chrome (and I've tried from Foxfire!) running Win 7 for the OS.

• CathsEscapeCathsEscape Member Posts: 4 Tropical Tourist

I'm using Microsoft Edge to play and I still can't get the updated version of the game - I've closed and restarted multiple times. I even tried playing on Firefox Mozilla and it was too clunky and jerky so went back to Edge. This issue is NOT fixed.

• cowboytrickscowboytricks Member Posts: 130 Starfish

Been sunshine the same Island forever but now tell me I’m out of date for about a month, done a few updates but hasn’t fixed the problem yet .
    They are still sun shining me ... hope this is part of the fix Zynga is working on fixing
    Go the support team :) work your magic

• TangaroaSueTangaroaSue Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

My game starts loading but then says Downloading Content: File 1 of 33
    then stops and will not load. A popup appears saying "Contact Support" which I have done. Game has worked fine for the past few hours and all this year until just now.

• ParadiseInn99ParadiseInn99 Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist

The same is happening to me - Downloading File 1 of 33 with no progress

• TangaroaSueTangaroaSue Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist

........and it's working again. Game fully loaded now.