Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

Why do we get moved in tournaments?

BoraBora62BoraBora62 Member Posts: 51 Pineapple Purist
edited September 2019 in General Discussion

Why does Zynga move people in the middle of tournaments? it has happened to most everyone in my club and also to many others. Today I was playing in the tournament doing boosts to secure my 1st place a bit better. After the boosts were done I found I had been moved to a different tournament! and that is not all, the top 3 in the new group has millions and billions of points, so not a chance in the world to proceed in the tournament.

Many have said, that obviously Zynga does not want some people to play? are we not buying enough gems maybe? I have heard people who work with games similar to this game say that the game help those that spend the most money on the game... so if a "low spender" person goes past a "high spender" in the tournament, Zynga moves the "low spender" away to some other group where he/she has not a chance to win.

Is this true?

In the pic you can see the top three in the "new group" I was all of a sudden moved to right in the middle of boosting.... what a "class act" to treat players like that, and we are many that are being moved this way seemingly without reason. Oh well, yes, for using boosts actually... or not being able to spend enough money on the game?

I think a lot of people would like to know, why are we being moved right in the middle of playing the tournament, loosing all the hard work we have done?

It looks like there`s no point to continue playing in the tournament.

Comments

• jrussinc1jrussinc1 Member Posts: 12 Caribbean Cruiser

Same thing happened to me and many of my club members...to crazy.

• BoraBora62BoraBora62 Member Posts: 51 Pineapple Purist
    edited September 2019

It is and very discouraging. I have team mates that have stopped playing the weekly tournament, I think im gonna stop too,its not fun anymore and you waste time, money and energy for nothing if they move you.

• flittrellflittrell Member Posts: 64 Sandy Toes

I agree with all of you. I think I will stop also. I reached out to support this weekend and they have had a higher volume of people contacting support, did get back to me. I keep wanting to know why I get placed in tournament with people 40 levels above me. I've had it.

• BoraBora62BoraBora62 Member Posts: 51 Pineapple Purist
    edited September 2019

I think the worst thing is to be placed with players that has so many points thats you simply cannot even try to compete. Like those points in the pic, I see them all the time. 2,147,483,647 wtf kinda points is that? But even worse than that is to be moved right in the middle of boosting in tournament, its crazy.

• JereJere Member Posts: 5 Beach Bum

This just happened to me. I was in 1st, did a boost to make sure I stayed ther. When I checked again I was with a whole new group and in 11th!!! WTF is Zynga doing? Why do they let these cheaters with BILLIONS of points keep playing? Even 567 million is impossible. This is the first time this has happened to me but if it ever happens again with these cheaters, I won't just quit the tournament, I will quit this game and I will take many with me and my money too!!!

• SarahLouiseSarahLouise Member Posts: 157 Reef Diver

If zynga really has a system to detect and move low spending players who are doing well in the tournament, they could definitely develop a system to detect and remove players with millions of points who are clearly cheating and yet they choose not to do this.

• virleehol_62virleehol_62 Member Posts: 4 Tropical Tourist
    I know the first person in your picture because I have reported that person for having the same amount in each weeks crafting tournament. I sent 7 screenshots over 7 weeks of crafting tournaments showing this same amount and they have done nothing. I will never buy anything again