Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

Tournament Boosts Cost WAY Too Much (Just Changed?!)

MarshaInCaliforniaMarshaInCalifornia Posts: 41Member Shark Bait
edited September 12 in Ask a Player

Are they insane??
I enjoy playing in the tournaments and didn’t mind spending some gems to get the boost upgrades but ... this is nuts. Is everyone noticing this?

I’m just beyond annoyed.🤬

Comments

• SarahLouiseSarahLouise Posts: 79Member Flirting with Flamingos

I just had the normal boosts this time but if I get those new ones I will not be happy.

• MarshaInCaliforniaMarshaInCalifornia Posts: 41Member Shark Bait

@SarahLouise said:
    I just had the normal boosts this time but if I get those new ones I will not be happy.

I’m just livid. I spend money to play .... I get it that Zynga is a business ... but, this is unacceptable. I’m curious how they decide WHO to gouge.
    😡🤦🏻‍♀️

• ChrisWChrisW Posts: 149Member Reef Diver

OMG, mine just changed to 5 - 20 - 40 gems. I’m playing this time but it will be my last to pay out that much. I’m over the tourney if this continues.

• tazbell23tazbell23 Posts: 12Member Caribbean Cruiser
    ITS so odd who they test boosts out on or who gets charged what smh. I spend money and have been playing for awhile but im so fed up wp with the dumb games where u have to buy guides or get nothing when guests go to landmarks.
  • BoraBora62BoraBora62 Posts: 51Member Pineapple Purist

I have stopped playing the tourney. Not just bec of these new outrageous prices but also bec they can all of a sudden move you to a different tourney as soon as you start boosting. it has happened several times to both me and my team mates and when you get moved from 1st or 2nd to say 9th in another tourney where the top players have billions of points, well..I´ve had it and i`m done. Feels like vacation now to not do the tourney and I save a lot of money!

• Kristy978Kristy978 Posts: 10Member Caribbean Cruiser
    Mine is like this now too. I spent gems on it before I realized. I usually buy all the point boosts but now it doesn’t seem worth it. I’ll play but just come in last
  • gypsycavegypsycave Posts: 11Member Caribbean Cruiser

I just spent another 1000 gems and trying to get some good crop timers and stars for the tourney and got 2 timers and a couple of minor yellow stars and heaps of purple stars which are no good for the tourney. 3000 gems in the last couple of weeks and pretty well jack for it. My mind is saying stop wasting your money and I'm listening, the Tourney is not worth it now :(

• flittrellflittrell Posts: 25Member Coconut Collector

I have the new spin boosts, also. Not only can they not get rid of the cheaters in the tournament, they go and pull this. Like many of you, I see no point in competing in tournament any longer. I am in Diamond but I'm just going to let them keep demoting me.

• KimberlyS_1975KimberlyS_1975 Posts: 29Member Coconut Collector

Aren’t those prices crazy 😯 They also doubled the cost of sending for a helicopter early. It used to be 7 gems now it’s 15 🤑

• goldiebirdgoldiebird Posts: 2Member Tropical Tourist

I'm angry! I spend money on this game, but, quit getting the helicopter early when they changed it to 15 gems and wont spend more on tournament gems! In the long run they will lose money by trying to gouge us if we don't pay new prices.

• Jenwil27_Jenwil27_ Posts: 112Member Hot Spring Indulger
    I did the same thing many others did and spent the gems before I realized the prices had more than doubled. This game is getting ridiculous. Supposed to be fun and it's just frustrating. I won't spend anymore money on this game. I guess when my gems run out I'm done.
  • Jenwil27_Jenwil27_ Posts: 112Member Hot Spring Indulger
    > @flittrell said:
    > I have the new spin boosts, also. Not only can they not get rid of the cheaters in the tournament, they go and pull this. Like many of you, I see no point in competing in tournament any longer. I am in Diamond but I'm just going to let them keep demoting me.

Couldn't agree more! I don't even care anymore. I'm quickly losing interest and same goes for my club. It used to be so fun and we played all the time. Now it's just one aggravating thing after another.
  • gypsycavegypsycave Posts: 11Member Caribbean Cruiser

I am getting so fed up with the boosts and what you get, where are the Crop Timers I have had probably 2 in about 5 weeks, and these are the smaller one's not the Pepper or the Ginger ones, needed in the Tournaments to boost points up. I have still brought a couple of boost packs but have mainly the Purple stars, useless in the Tournament, I will not pay those sort of gems when the tourney starts, it's just greed on Zygna's part. A club member her she is against some who is on 6th and their score is already 500,000 really and Zygna wont do a thing, so much for sorting out the cheats.
    It's getting beyond a joke, I'm not quite up to the highest level, but the way they have me pitted against others I will not reach that level. I stopped playing once I guess it's that time again, saving me MONEY and headaches lol

• tazbell23tazbell23 Posts: 12Member Caribbean Cruiser
    I agree its ridiculous. Zynga does nothing to cheaters except ask for a screenshot. The person in first placeof tournament a couple weeks had a score of 2million screenshot and sent it to zynga and she placed first again this weekend over 2 million score. Ive stopped playing all of the games
  • phamtonphamton Posts: 1,471Member Volcano Enthusiast
    edited November 14

One million or even 2 million doesn't necessarily mean they are cheating. I have earned both of those score exactly once. My club used all craft building frenzy plus the yellow and pink stars that go with that. I cant remember exactly what i had bonus points on because it's been a month or so. I will use an example: I had 4 times tournament bonus on jewelry plus a 5 time tournament bonus on good luck charm which is made there. So everytime I made the goodluck charm I got 20X the yellow points. Then we did an all craft building frenzy and with that yellow star it added 40X the points and then we stacked it with a yellow star boost for jewelry which now made it 80x points. So I made 4,100 points for each charm I made. I used a few quicksands also that i had and made over 200,000 on each frenzy just from the jewelry alone. We ran several all craft frenzies that week and I had my highest score ever. I usually make around 150,000 in the tournament but that week i made almost 2 million. I wouldn't have thought it was possible except by cheating. Now the scores in the billions can't be possible and I do report them, But if I got reported, I wasn't cheating.