Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

Using boosts

CatherineOCatherineO Member Posts: 29 Coconut Collector

When I use a boost, do I have to collect the item before the boost runs out in order to get the boost credit (for crafting or xp points), or do I automatically get it for the last thing crafted for the boost I used it for and I can collect it after it runs out and still get the credit? I hope this makes sense :)

Tagged:

Comments

• TkikiTkiki Member Posts: 1,312 Monkey Temple Trekker
    edited April 2019

@CatherineO you collect the extra 2 cp xp (if boosts active) during the frenzy period. Once the frenzy and cp xp are finished, you still collect the items that were in the queue at the time of 3 min and 1x cp xp as normal.

• CatherineOCatherineO Member Posts: 29 Coconut Collector

So you still get boost credit if the item is collected after the boost, as long as that item was being created during the boost?

edited April 2019

@CatherineO most of the time if the items was in the queue before the frenzy was over, that item will still take 3 min to complete (like is said, most of the time, odd time it does not work, items return to full time). Once the item is ready, if the boost for over, you only collect 1x cp and xp for workshop,

• SurfBabeSurfBabe Member Posts: 223 Souvenir Collector
    edited April 2019

If you're using the xp and/or cp boosts, you only get credit as long as they are active when you collect. The boosts apply to collection of finished items only, and have no effect on items that are unfinished when they expire.

If you don't know this, a good strategy for maximizing your boosts is to pre-load your workshop so that everything will have been in its slot long enough to have already finished if the timer was active when you apply the timer, and then play all 3 boosts in a set (timer, cp, xp). So for 4 slots, everything needs to have been in for 12 minutes, for 6 slots, everything needs to have been in for 18 minutes, and so on. If you do this, all the pre-loaded items will pop up finished and ready to be collected when the timer is applied and you'll have 15 minutes to push out more.

You do receive 1x cp and xp in normal time for all workshops!

• SurfBabeSurfBabe Member Posts: 223 Souvenir Collector

Yes, but I'm pretty sure she's asking about whether she'll still get the 2x credit, which she writes as "boost credit". So just trying to clarify on that point.

• CatherineOCatherineO Member Posts: 29 Coconut Collector

@surfbabe, thank you! Exactly what I needed to know!

• JacarandaBlueJacarandaBlue Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist

I'm confused when applying boosts: I have just come back after some time away from FV2TE and unsure about using boosts - is there some instruction somewhere on how and when to activate them?

• Mia123Mia123 Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

How do I active boost in a neighbor farm. Pls help

• phamtonphamton Member Posts: 1,688 Lava Lounger

@Mia123 said:
    How do I active boost in a neighbor farm. Pls help

Boosts are activated by you while you are on your own island. You can't activate them when you are visiting a neighbor.

Are you referring to fertilizing? You can fertilize your neighbors, crops, trees, and animals. Just click on what you want to fertilize when you visit your neighbor.

• bodbod Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

What time of day does the boost reset after your 20 goes

• AmandaDNPAmandaDNP Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I don't understand how to use the boosts. What's the difference between the frenzy and the crafting points? Not sure how to use the crafting ones. Pls help me with this. I have a lot of boosts because I don't know how to use them. Thank you

• phamtonphamton Member Posts: 1,688 Lava Lounger

The frenzy just speeds up your crafting time. Everything makes in 3 minutes. So cook items that take awhile to make to get good use of the frenzy. The yellow stars boosts double the amount of crafting points you get on each item you craft or each crop you harvest. Crafting points are used in the tournament. The pinkish purple boosts give you double XP. You use XP to level up in the game.

It's best if you use the grouped boosts together. For instance: Use the Beachfront Kitchen frenzy and pair it with they Beachfront yellow star and the Beachfront pink star. If you don't have a complete set, then this is where you can cooperate with your club members to work together so you all benefit from the boosts.