Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

New update and changes in lava rocks

TkikiTkiki Posts: 906Member Lagoon Lounger
edited March 14 in General Discussion

This is the second time I have notice a change in the amount of lava rocks. When the update for the Taniwha’s Tribute contest happened, my lava rocks went from 1, 2 and 3 lava rocks down to one. After the event was over it went back to 2 lava rocks. Now a new update happened yesterday regarding the Story time event and, once more I went from 2 lava rocks down to only 1. With a goal of 1140 required to complete my lighthouse, this is really not fair. Would love to understand why this is happening. Any chance a moderator from this forum can explain this?

Comments

• SurfBabeSurfBabe Posts: 208Member Souvenir Collector

fyi - our member who has the same total goal as yours completed her lighthouse this morning. Her refill is 170 tools to reactivate the lighthouse, so I would assume yours will be the same.

I'm fairly annoyed on your behalves. This extensive timeframe for building your lighthouses (over 3 weeks longer than it took me) seems a poor way to reward the people who are most engaged with the game.

• TkikiTkiki Posts: 906Member Lagoon Lounger
    edited March 18

@SurfBabe can you ask your member how much it is now to activate the boost on the pop game, mine went up from180 to 380 within 24 hours, which is unrealistic since the order board is still one lava rock per order, that mean I woul have to sell 420 orders within 24 hours....even if you take in account the cruise, lucky if I can grab an order for 4 lava rocks, but just for fun, 20 orders on the cruise at 4 lava rocks, gives me only 80 lava rocks within 24 hours. So, 420 -80 gives me 340 orders within 24 hours. I am a hard player, but, common, , THIS MATH MAKES NO SENSE!

@Tkiki said:
    @SurfBabe can you ask your member how much it is now to activate the boost on the pop game, mine went up from180 to 380 within 24 hours, which is unrealistic since the order board is still one lava rock per order, that mean I woul have to sell 420 orders within 24 hours....even if you take in account the cruise, lucky if I can grab an order for 4 lava rocks, but just for fun, 20 orders on the cruise at 4 lava rocks, gives me only 80 lava rocks within 24 hours. So, 420 -80 gives me 340 orders within 24 hours. I am a hard play. It really, THIS MATH MAKES NO SENSE!

On that one, I don't have to - it appears to only be loosely tied to your play level. I failed reward mode when mine was 70/day. It immediately went up to 150/day. I continued to fail it (every day since then) and it has never gone down below 130/day despite my increasing disengagement from the game and stats that reflect that lower amount of activity.

All of their math makes no sense. They have clearly run it through some formula that is likely designed to achieve higher engagement with the game (by making you need to be in the game more), and then forgot to check it for 1) real world achievability and 2) an amount of play that will keep a player more engaged due to having fun vs burnout after a slog of managing to achieve success at whatever the feature is. (See: Bingo, Contest of Cruises, This Lighthouse Mess.)

Fwiw - I don't see the numbers for completing helis in your listing, but I mean... you have to sleep from all that crafting for the cruise and the orderboard at some point, right?

edited March 18

Heli’s Give you only 11 (1 for each order = 6 orders, and 5 for completing) if you complete them yourself, then take 6 hours to come back.

Wait, your helis take 6 hours to return???? Mine only take 4, I've never heard of anyone's taking 6. Is that a typo or Zynga funkiness?

No, my helicopter takes 6 hours to return

• phamtonphamton Posts: 1,259Member Monkey Whisperer
    edited March 18

My copter is just 4 hours but Zynga has always had different times for people since the game started. My crafting building maturation always took days longer than anyone in my club. I also had to wait longer before requesting guests than others. Even the events take different requirements which makes it vastly unfair in leaderboard competitions. And my lighthouse requirements are totally out of reach. I seriously doubt I will finish it before it disappears.

I have been thinking that I'm pretty close to done with this game. I think you guys just pushed me closer to that.

I'm okay with trialling a/b variants of the events, as long as everyone in a bracket has the same version if it's a leaderboard event, and as long as they're clear and upfront that some people will get the different version because they're looking to see how it will work out and whether all future events could/should/would be moved towards that version.

But for a social gaming company, Zynga's got some serious issues with communication.

And having helis operate at different rates like that... just makes no sense this far into the game. Yay, I'm lucky, I have the version which means I can fill one more heli per day? Boo, this sucks, I have 1 less opportunity a day to earn sand dollars/coins/lava rocks? Hello???????

@phantom - the highest I've seen yet for completing the lighthouse is 1140. Is yours higher than that?

• phamtonphamton Posts: 1,259Member Monkey Whisperer

Mine is 920 so not as high as that. Someone in my club who is at a very low level has hers at 1140.

As far as we've been able to tell, the major difference has been the CPD stat. There are probably a few other factors in play, but if they're grinding banging out a bunch of steamed rice and pineapple smoothies to try to raise funds for whatever their next feature is, they've probably got a higher crafts per day average than you do (or did when the lighthouse was launched).

Mine was relatively low at the time (well under 400), and I had a 370 total. My sister who was lower than me had 320, our friend who does more cruise work and was probably hovering around 500 or so had 720. The member who had the 1140 is lower level but was attending more of the boost runs and was probably somewhere between 600 and 700 for her CPD.

This becomes more problematic if you happen to do a lot of crops during boost runs as it appears that the CP boost makes each plot count as 1 craft when you harvest them while that boost is active. That backfired hard on me for the last leaderboard event because even though I've had a relatively low activity level lately, we ran a bunch of gold stars for trees and animals on unlimited sunshine day and then twitched our little fingers off...

• rajiraji Posts: 20Member Island Bound
    edited March 20

I’ve noticed the same problem, all tokens have gone down to one. I do have a life outside this game too... but I’ve also liked playing this game. It might be the project manager in me but I hate leaving things unaccomplished.