Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report tournament cheaters? Please fill out this form. Thanks!

Chinese New Year: Different goals

SystemSystem Member Posts: 461 Administrator
edited January 2019 in Bugs & Issues
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chinese New Year Event: Different versions.

Comments

• PolymergirlPolymergirl Member Posts: 16 Wave Watcher
    edited January 2019

It seems that the Chinese New Year is started, at least at several players. At this moment, not at my game. Why again this difference, why are new features not launched for all players?

Please let us all enjoy the game!!!!

• rajiraji Member Posts: 46 Bungalow Guest

There seem to be 2 different versions of the game.....

• lottchenlottchen Member Posts: 51 Pineapple Purist

Hello, some members in my group have another chinese new year event. See the screenshot. The first 2 screenshot is my game, and the other 2from a member. Why is this different?
    Thanks

• BakedCheesecakeBakedCheesecake Member Posts: 13 Caribbean Cruiser

I thought that perhaps it could've been a level thing but I am also on level 37 and I have the second "gain 1080 points" one. That is very weird. The Zynga guide to the event shows the first one so maybe that is the right one or an early version of the second one.

• lottchenlottchen Member Posts: 51 Pineapple Purist

Maybe its a level thing, i am level 37, one member has level 67 and the same new year event as me, other members are level 40, 47,33, etc and have the event on the last pictures, so level 67 and 37 are the same but different from the others, thats very weird🤔

• Mary6204Mary6204 Member Posts: 37 Beachcomber

My event is not working it shows that I need 30 of the first item, 40 of the second and 20 of the final. Everyone else needs just six. I have also collected five of the first item and it still says I need 30 so it is totally messed up

• innsdiousinnsdious Member Posts: 0 Daydreamer
    My event is showing that i need 30, 49 and 20 of stage 1 of the event. Others just need 6.. it is mesed up. Please fix
  • awirth69awirth69 Member Posts: 56 Pineapple Purist
    6 boxes cant open because I'm not finding anything to open them with. No steel and no lanterns. Not happy with this event especially if you only have 13 days to do it in. I have played this game for almost three years consistantly and the money I've spent this is just not right!
  • rajiraji Member Posts: 46 Bungalow Guest

Not only are there 2 different versions, but some people have quests, and others don’t.

• BakedCheesecakeBakedCheesecake Member Posts: 13 Caribbean Cruiser
    edited January 2019

@innsdious said:
    My event is showing that i need 30, 49 and 20 of stage 1 of the event. Others just need 6.. it is mesed up. Please fix

@Mary6204 said:
    My event is not working it shows that I need 30 of the first item, 40 of the second and 20 of the final. Everyone else needs just six. I have also collected five of the first item and it still says I need 30 so it is totally messed up

You only need to get 1080 points to finish Stage 1, the 30, 40 and 20 numbers show how many points each of those items give. If you look at the bar below the items it shows how many points you need. You do not need 30/40/20 of each item. It is still a bit unfair since the other players would have to get 6 of each of the items making 540 points but there is no requirements as to how many of the items you have to make, just the points, so I guess that's a plus.

• bushlady2bushlady2 Member Posts: 82 Sun-lovin' Surfer

I have the point quota too. But the drop rate for the metal to make the crowbars is extremely low to nonexistent. Which makes the punts almost impossible. I've been playing for two full days but still on level one. Makes one not interested in the event. An awful amount of requirements ti finish a level.

I’m so sick of things not working. My game is the same as the one screenshot above. it’s requiring 30 and then 40 and then 20 and even though I too have collected five of the first item the total is of course not changing. I can’t make what the level is requiring. This needs to be fixed I’m not the only one that this is happening to

• LexaTheKatsumiBabyLexaTheKatsumiBaby Community Moderator Posts: 408 Community Moderator

Hello, Islanders!

Some of you might have noticed things look and play differently with the recent Chinese New Year event. The team has been working on a more engaging and fun version of the event for you. We are hoping this version gives you more choices based on your unique playing style.

This doesn’t mean that it’s easier or harder than the original version of the event. We have worked hard to maintain a consistent experience for all players regardless of which version you are playing.

However, not all players are seeing the new version since we are testing it with a small group before rolling it out to all players with later events. We hope you enjoy this new experience and give us your valuable feedback to help us make it better!

• Womble1964Womble1964 Member Posts: 3 Tropical Tourist
    edited January 2019

They are trying to make it harder for future events unless we jump up and down now to show how stupid they are.
    I have the standard game where I have to collect 6 of each item (1st lvl) to complete. Now if it was to be even for all players the points for each item to get to 1080 should be 60 points, 6 x 3 = 18, 1080 / 18 = 60. Not hard to work out and it shows Zynga is either not very clever, or they are trying to make it very hard to complete.

Edit.. I had just lvled to 54 and I have just 2 slots open to make items on the workshop, it cost 8 gems to open a 3rd slot... my wife is lvl 52 and has 3 slots available and would cost 8gems for a 4 th slot.... she also is one of the “lucky” ones? To have the new version of the event chasing points instead of volume of items.

• joanharvestjoanharvest Member Posts: 7 Beach Bum
    I think they are probably testing the two versions to see which one they prefer.
  • carolynthebusdrivercarolynthebusdriver Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist
    I am having problems getting bamboo anybody else
  • IrishSelkieIrishSelkie Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

I’m on the third phase, and trying to get the plaster to drop to build the required ceramic tiles is ridiculous. I hired Figg to help, and he is not. That’s a double rip off. This is the most frustrating event ever. Extremely disappointed

• awirth69awirth69 Member Posts: 56 Pineapple Purist
    Hey there have been on and off since 4:00 PM and have not found metal bars to complete the event.
  • HurricationGetAway1HurricationGetAway1 Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist
    No game pieces being given. I have been playing for 16 hours straight and git no game pieces for stag 3 of the game. I have only 2 times from 2 days ago. Why did the game stop giving pieces? Please fix there is only 1 day left and I will not have time to finish the game. This makes me stop spending money on the game when I can't finish due to game issue.
  • HurricationGetAway1HurricationGetAway1 Member Posts: 2 Tropical Tourist
    Hiring Figg only cost me money. I got no help. No game pieces dropping. Fix it please or return my money.
    The version that required getting points instead of a certain number of items was ridiculous. My entire beach was covered with crates I couldn’t open because I got hardly any metal. 2,165 points was goal and maximum points on anything was 40. One item required fortune fruit which only came in crates that I couldn’t open. It cost me 43 gems and at least that many quick sand to finish st last second. Everyone in my club that had the other version was done much sooner Not cool Zynga! In fact ignorant, unfair and shows you’re going downhill. Which of course we’ve all been experiencing. Very close to being done with this game
  • WoogieWoogie Member Posts: 1 Tropical Tourist

SInce the Chinese New Year Event has ended all related materials have disappeared except the huts. I have 4 huts sitting on my island that won't go away. Nothing I try seems to work. They are still there!