Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Want to report a cheater? Just follow the instructions on this thread, but keep in mind that Moderators may not be able to reply to your messages immediately. Rest assured that we are submitting the info to the team. Thanks!

More consequences for removing club members

debiku527debiku527 Posts: 3Member Tropical Tourist

I understand that the leader/moderator have the right to remove players that are not active or contributing enough but sometimes it's just plain rude and unfair. One club I got removed for no reason/warning even though I was helping out with cruise events and have joined the conversation here to there ie clearly shows I am an active player. The last conversation I saw before I was removed was them doing a random roll call like "who's playing?" few hours prior. I did not reply as I live in a different time zone and it was just not the time I would be on my app. It's just a game and some people are taking this leadership thing way too seriously to the point they feel like they can just dismiss people for no apparent reason or communication. This should be made more difficult such as a rule where if they remove someone they cannot add another beach member for a period of time, or if the member got removed unfairly there is a way to report the leader/ the club.

Comments

• BugabooBugaboo Posts: 53Member Pineapple Purist

We remove players all the time. Our club states you must participate in cruise and be regular player. When members only do minimum on cruise, like 2,000 total for a 3 day event when the majority are doing 40 max and 28,000 for the event, we get rid of them. Same if their stats show that they haven't even played all month, or helped with anything, why are they even in a club?

• beth_wilkinsbeth_wilkins Posts: 186Member Mermaid's Scale Polisher

@Bugaboo I play everyday, some days more time than others ( I work 40+hours a week) but I do have somewhat of a life lol and so do our club members. We like to win cruise competitions etc but not everyone can give that much time. Games, for us, are a relaxing get away from work and daily stress. If your club is able to find dedicated players who have the time and will to live up to those requirements then great! Not every club has requirements like that. For some, like mine, we’re old friends who play a few games together. Those of us who can, cobtribute what we can and go from there.

• BugabooBugaboo Posts: 53Member Pineapple Purist

@beth_wilkins said:
    @Bugaboo I play everyday, some days more time than others ( I work 40+hours a week) but I do have somewhat of a life lol and so do our club members. We like to win cruise competitions etc but not everyone can give that much time. Games, for us, are a relaxing get away from work and daily stress. If your club is able to find dedicated players who have the time and will to live up to those requirements then great! Not every club has requirements like that. For some, like mine, we’re old friends who play a few games together. Those of us who can, cobtribute what we can and go from there.

We are gamers. Some work, others are retired, others are young, some in school. We have no issues. Most play daily. We just want the members we have to help in cruise events and communicate in chat.
    I say don't join a club if you are not going to meet the requirements.

There are many clubs that have much more strict rules than mine.

• heilenaheilena Posts: 158Member Reef Diver

Sadly, you are most likely in the wrong for joining a club where you cannot partake in events as they have planned. For some groups, time zone makes a huge difference and ours is one such group. We coordinate our boost so that everyone can benefit. While I can agree that there are some sketchy leaders, what you describe does not seem to be the case. Look for a group that can help you and one where you can be of help.

• JujubeJujube Posts: 7Member Beach Bum

I was a member of a group that allowed fellow players to harras and belittle the ones that they were trying to run off for the dumbest reasons. Then when I left the group because I was sick of all of the nonsense, the creator had her Mods and Admins spy on me to find out where I went. Then had the nerve to contact my new group creator and acuse me of trying to get her people to leave her group. Which I never ever did and wouldn’t do! That is defimation of character! How would she like it if she were hauled into court for doing that. That shows you what kind of person she is.

• toshhtoshh Posts: 3Member Tropical Tourist
    > @heilena said:
    > Sadly, you are most likely in the wrong for joining a club where you cannot partake in events as they have planned. For some groups, time zone makes a huge difference and ours is one such group. We coordinate our boost so that everyone can benefit. While I can agree that there are some sketchy leaders, what you describe does not seem to be the case. Look for a group that can help you and one where you can be of help.

I agree. There are barriers to this though. Joining club after club to see what the rules are is tiring. With these turn over rates, it causes lots of traffic. Plus, you have new clubs all the time. It is a sea of unknown, basically. Maybe, more descriptors available while searching clubs.