Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiencing a bug? Please report it on the Bugs & Issues section by following the instructions on the How to Report a Bug thread. Posts of the same issue will be merged, & multiple posts will be automatically deleted. Rest assured that all issues/feedback will be noted.
Join our Island of the Week Contest and get a chance to win FREE Gems! Simply post a screenshot of your Island, Tropic Hosts! Don't forget to read the contest rules here and post your entries on the latest thread of this subforum. Good luck!

Why don't people 'like' my island?

JulieSJulieS Posts: 72Member Flirting with Flamingos
edited June 10 in General Discussion
Whenever I buy anything on the trade boat Ì always 'like' their island, so why don't people return the favour. I have had over 3000 people who have done this but seeing as I've sold over 5000 goods on my trade boat there's over 2000 people who haven't. It might seem like a trivial thing but in a game where its a way of saying thank you for selling something that you obviously need Ì feel it's important, it is for me anyway hence why I ALWAYS make sure that green tick box is clicked on.

Comments

• cristeenccristeenc Posts: 127Member Starfish

I do not “like” someone just because I purchase from them. If they are selling items at a reasonable price, I first check their stats to make sure they are not cheaters, if they have reasonable stats without millions and billions of tourney points, I will then “like” them.

• JulieSJulieS Posts: 72Member Flirting with Flamingos
    Well @Cristeenc I don't cheat so you would have no trouble liking my island lol
  • smurphandturfsmurphandturf Posts: 4Member Tropical Tourist

I like an island everytime I buy from them and also for posting good items. Not the basic things global is flooded with. I make many different things, just to sell fun, different, exciting things. I get tired of seeing the same old things flooding global everyday.

> @smurphandturf said:
    > I like an island everytime I buy from them and also for posting good items. Not the basic things global is flooded with. I make many different things, just to sell fun, different, exciting things. I get tired of seeing the same old things flooding global everyday.

Tell me about it! I have 8 slots and I usually sell things that aren't commonly sold. I see baskets, gold masks, coconuts (which I am guilty of selling occasionally). Sometimes the global market has all the same items for sale but occasionally I see things I need like mushrooms, eggs nd fish, can never have enough of those lol
  • AlexianAlexian Posts: 1Member Tropical Tourist

When I first started playing I looked for things on the boat that were hard for me to make and needed many ingredients. I was always in need of these things.

Now I am level 30 and I love people who sell pineapples and rice. Coconuts as well! I need so many core ingredients that I can't possibly grow as much as I need. I have a plethora of friends that constantly gift me with sunshines but I go through them like crazy and run out daily.

Now, I don't sell anything if it can be made into something more complex. I only sell the most complex, hardest to make stuff because it brings in the most gold.

When I am in a buying frenzy I don't focus on stopping and liking everyone. I know there is something written somewhere that says we should like people who sell us items we like, but I don't. I know being liked is important to some people so I often go back and just like everyone on the board.

I have no idea how many likes I have. I don't care if there is someone who has more points than me somewhere and if they cheated or not. I play to have fun and that is why I started my own beach club. I can do all the cruises and have the benefits of a club and just do my own thing! Its the best of both worlds.

I hope this might give some insight into why some of us aren't liking you after you sell. If it was me I'm sorry - its not that I don't appreciate it, it might be because I am too busy clicking away and refreshing - trying to get the stuff I need! I hope that makes sense!!!!

Happy farming!!

• BugabooBugaboo Posts: 29Member Coconut Collector

I post things people want and sometimes at reduced prices, so that gets me more likes.
    Why put 10 of an expensive item up that's not popular? Instead I put up 1 or 2 and they sell quickly.
    If the market it filled with certain items, I sell different ones.

• BeachygirlBeachygirl Posts: 24Member Island Bound
    I find that the more actively I was selling things that were usefull the more likes I got. I use it as a way to track ppl that sell what I need. Unless they are brand new and under level 20 with very few likes-then i always like them for encouragement!!
    > @Beachygirl said:
    > I find that the more actively I was selling things that were usefull the more likes I got. I use it as a way to track ppl that sell what I need. Unless they are brand new and under level 20 with very few likes-then i always like them for encouragement!!

Well I have to say that the note rare items I sell the less Ì get the likes. I have over 3000 likes and have been playing since the game started (August '16) and from the start to approximately the beginning of this year I had received around 2800 of the total amount, since then it has been pretty slow going. I have 8 slots and I always make a habit of selling 4 from my silo and 4 from the other (Lol can't remember what it's called off the top of my head), that is, unless I need to make room and have to fill all 8 slots with crops Luke cotton, lime and cocoa pods.
    I must add that I'm completely over global at the minute, there's nothing only orchids in mine and most of them are 8 slots of orchids!! And they are ALL at top price!!
    > @Bugaboo said:
    > I post things people want and sometimes at reduced prices, so that gets me more likes.
    > Why put 10 of an expensive item up that's not popular? Instead I put up 1 or 2 and they sell quickly.
    > If the market it filled with certain items, I sell different ones.

I always post things that people want, they always sell straight away too, the only thing that's different is Ì post 8 slots because that's the maximum. I don't ever sell gold masks because there's always some for sale and they don't sell quickly at all.
  • SoupyGeogeSoupyGeoge Posts: 7Member Beach Bum

Haha, bit petty to be honest

> @SoupyGeoge said:
    > Haha, bit petty to be honest

Really? Oh thank you so much, I'd compliment you back but your photos too sma..................... Lol okay, awkward much, you said petty!!!
  • SoupyGeogeSoupyGeoge Posts: 7Member Beach Bum

@JulieS what you mean my photos too sma? What does that mean?

> @SoupyGeoge said:
    > @JulieS what you mean my photos too sma? What does that mean?

I was having a laugh that's all but now I have to explain it it isn't gonna be funny at all. The sma is the beginning of the word small.