Launcher + not loading

silcallejasilcalleja Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

I have been playing FV2 for years. I never had charging problems. I did have other problems such as lack of items, rewards that were not given to me, etc. I always contacted the support team and they responded quite well to me. In reality, what they did was give me thousands of rewards, then I accepted them and that's it. But, 20 days ago, all of a sudden, I couldn't get into the game anymore. I have had a VIP subscription for years. I think that if I am paying for a service, they should answer me and fix the problem. But not. I sent them screenshot, screen video, chrome gpu, etc. Not only did they not know what to answer, but they asked me to send everything in obsolete formats. I did, not to argue and come to a solution. They never knew what to answer me. They were only sorry for my situation. Obviously, they have no idea what is going on. My problem was at the start of the game. The screen went blank. I did everything in my power: I cleared the cache, cleared antivirus, tried other browsers, read all the solutions proposed in this forum, etc. Meanwhile, I received other emails, apologizing and they continued to regret without solving anything. I decided to cancel my subscription and I communicated them. They also didn't care because they kept wailing. I think there are two options: they hire people who do not care about anything and it is on purpose so that there are fewer who play FV2 or we are in the hands of people who really do not understand anything.
The user is totally helpless.
But the incredible thing about all this is that it had a happy ending. Not because of efficiency in their technical support team (who don't understand anything) but because one day, magically, I got into the game. And I didn't make any changes. I keep playing on the same computer, with the same antivirus, etc.
In short: the users are totally alone and the support team is not prepared to respond or solve anything. They are only to lament.
My advice for those who can't get into the game is to try it every day. And, finally, one day they will be able to do it.
On the other hand, I have also made previous claims about the "friends" tab ( zynga.com ) as items cannot be picked up from there. They also did not give solutions or a logical answer such as: "We are already aware of this problem and we are trying to solve it." Then, you would be left with the peace of mind of knowing that you are not the only one who suffers from the problem. But they don't. They tell you "let's investigate"
I know my post was a bit long but I wanted to share it with you. Maybe it will serve somebody

Comments

• MorgaineMorgaine Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 17 Muffin

I feel your pain.
    I've had this exact issue and experience with Support ON this issue. I've been 6 days just getting just a white screen because Launcher is effed up for some reason. It happens on a regular basis and has ever since Launcher was launched. It's fine and then one day it won't work.
    Nothing helps the problem and Support has no solution. Then, magically, for no reason at all Launcher will work again. Until the next time.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,970 The Chosen One
  • gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,242 Lord of the Forums

VIP doesn't make you more important to rest of us either.

You get some items and a special animal a month etc.

Support people probably change over the years and even moderators here have changed as well.

Some I really liked with games were dropped from games they were covering or other things because they at least wanted to help us etc.

But things change we may not like it.

I know when I came to this game Support was via Live Chat or email and liked it then. But they took that down and changed things and probably undergoing another big change with staff and turnover and more too with even Virus situation and just do not have loyal customer service response shall we say as we would like. You may get a person that just wants to give you the run around or get someone who generally will take things deeper for you perhaps or help.

But just getting that fully these days I do not see it.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,405 Lord of the Forums

Your post is full of misinformation gameplayer.
    Support has always been willing to help where they can! I have never gotten someone that just wants to give the run around!

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,794 Lord of the Forums

I understand it is very frustrating when support doesn't give you a positive result. In fact, I tend not to even send in tickets much these days. I tend to read the forum and see others have reported various issues and just wait to see if it's fixed.

I think we should keep a few things in mind.

There is still a Pandemic happening, Support, and developers, and key workers at Zynga, will be still working from home... Techies working from home, may not have the system available to them, that they have in the Studio. Hence, fixes may not happen as fast as they normally would.

Support are swamped in tickets, most support agents do not play the game, they read key words and answer accordingly, using a standard form given to them by Zynga. Keep your ticket SHORT and TO THE POINT, they don't need a long story, just the most BASIC INFO. Avoid sending them a wall of text, they will scan it and pick out a few words, so make sure the few words you have typed actually matter. Avoid subtle sarcasm and threats, they won't get it. Especially if your ticket is answered by a robot.

The fact the game is still up and running is nothing short of a miracle IMO. The Launcher however made a heavy, rather unstable game, just that much heavier and a little more unstable. Years ago, someone described FV2 as a balancing act of an overfilled cup of tea, on a saucer, being balanced on one finger, while walking on a tightrope. and that was over five years ago...

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• pinkcotton67pinkcotton67 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 20

The launcher gets downloaded then won't launch or what not, have to keep uninstalling repairing reinstalling it. Can be in the middle of playing for a day because launcher is downloaded installed then all of a sudden it says I need to download it, as if I hadn't been playing all day. I don't do anything different as a matter of fact I keep giving up. Right now like there's been since the 17th 0r 18th there are 3 different icons on my desktop 2 that say farmville 2 one is for the gameroom and two have birds on them anyway its ****. Its like they have access and control over your computer and let you play for a short while then tell you its not 9nstalled. I just took a photo and saved it having proof that its here and the customer support doesn't know anything or do anything helpful they even sent me a link that right off hand I can't remember where it took me but it wasn't the original download. Its so irritating and confusing that I can't even talk straight. The miracle isn't that that the game is up and running, the miracle or shock should I say is that it hasn't been discontinued or done away with, its caused so many problems and I'm sorry but whoever you are backing up Zynga your delusional about how hard they work and about them actually solving anything. Their **** has messed up my computer the programs from them that get downloaded have strange letters not even a real name and it looks like a virus. They don't know the first thing about their own programming how it works or how to fix it. Its pointless trying to talk to them. I'm sorry but I don't have the money to replace my computer or hard drive because their programs keep **** up my computer. Playing a game and trying to enjoy it shouldn't be this agonizing painstaking and it should be peaceful and calm but that's not even close to what I experience with Zynga in general with any of their games.

Just looking at your last screen shot you have a LOT of tags open. As we know FV2 is a memory guzzling dinosaur of a game, Launcher makes it even more so. Maybe try it without a load of other stuff open, or just stop playing. My lappy has the minimum GBs required, 8GB. it struggles after half an hour of game play whirring fans etc, game doesn't save progress.
    If I play on a custom built gaming desktop, with a stupid amount of RAM (over 128GB)I can have as many tabs as I like open and play effortlessly. I mainly play on the lappy... couch in front of the fire wins over basement man cave every time.

• maymaymaymay Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

I have been have the same issues, Farmville launcher starts to load and then freezes. I can send things and receive things but I can't work the farm I just get a blank screen. This happened a couple weeks ago and It was down for four days and it just happened again. Its been down for three days now. I never had this problem before the Farmville launcher. I tried to get help and I got nothing.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,242 Lord of the Forums

Are you reading any of the responses in the threads around on the Launcher/Game loading issues

Before Launcher there was FLASH and it is NO MORE so won't help you now. Have to learn how to play game with Launcher but have to look at everything that has been mentioned in the many threads out there.

This is one of them. Others on the forum

Support probably won't help much as many things could be issue

Things to look at on your end

Computer specs
    RAM??
    Browser??
    Uninstall/clear cache/reinstall launcher
    Perhaps the browser updated and need to uninstall/clear cache/reinstall it
    Or even find a different browser that you can play.

Search on White Screen with Launcher

Launcher itself probably gets updated how often not sure so whether that is issue too

i can see the uninstalling/clear cache/reinstalling getting frustrating and more to those that have done it a dozen times or more.

But need to look at things to perhaps at least play for now. Whether it will get better as time goes who knows.

Also with posts above the person had many windows open with things running and trying to play game.

With this game and Launcher memory hogs best not to have all the windows/tabs open as even in the picture above going either when trying to play.

• tiffay8tiffay8 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

Farmville 2 is not loading with Launcher It is just showing a white screen. I can hear the game but can not get a picture to show up. I can click on the envelope and sent item to people or get items. But when I go back its just a white screen with sound have reloaded it many times tried different browsers still all the same a white screen with sound.

• TamfeeTamfee Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

gameplayer2011 do you work for Zynga? I am having the exact issues as everyone else and we don't need your sarcasm we need help. If you are here to belittle people "don't you read the posts?" "VIPs are not better" then just leave it alone. If you have nothing useful to add then go play your game if it's working. If you are not having issues why are lurking around a Bug forum?
    Zynga, you owe these (and me) some help and answers. If we stop playing your games will you have a job or a business? C'mon Zynga.

edited February 27
  • shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,405 Lord of the Forums

@Tamfee said:
    gameplayer2011 do you work for Zynga? I am having the exact issues as everyone else and we don't need your sarcasm we need help. If you are here to belittle people "don't you read the posts?" "VIPs are not better" then just leave it alone. If you have nothing useful to add then go play your game if it's working. If you are not having issues why are lurking around a Bug forum?
    Zynga, you owe these (and me) some help and answers. If we stop playing your games will you have a job or a business? C'mon Zynga.

Hi Tamfee. Noone on this forum works for Zynga. Players only :)
    I think gameplayer in his/her own way with good intention, is trying to tell posters to search the forum, as there is a multitude of threads about these issues, but it gets lost in a muddle of negative statements about Zynga and the game.
    However that aside, I find I am able to try and help if I have more information on what the problem is, and what the poster has already tried. Such as how much RAM do you have, what browser do you use. Basically this game and launcher needs a min of 8 GB RAM to play. If you have this as a min you can play with nothing else open, no facebook, email etc just the game. Clear your cache often, if you are playing for a while restart the game.
    I play on Edge with 16GB of RAM generally no problems but I don't do a lot of neighbor visiting.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers

• vorkszoo2vorkszoo2 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon

I too have this problem. Was fine on Launcher + for a while. Have had it installed for months and no problems. Then for the past 2 days I can't get into the game. I have been playing this game FOREVER (like since it first came out forever) and while there are some hiccups with every game this one os the most annoying yet. I can accept gifts both from FB and Zynga.com Iall I get is a white screen with no loading of the game no matter how long I leave it or how many times I refresh it. Doesn't work on FB or Zynga. Why did it stop working all of a sudden? Been using the same computer and nothing on my end has changed. Did Zynga suddenly change the specs needed to play without informing anyone? Is this why so many of us are having problems?

edited February 28

@vorkszoo2 it could be as simple as too much on your farm to load? The quests of late could be taking more RAM to run. Do you have other tabs/programs running?
    I have 16GB and if I visit neighbors it slows a bit and not all components on the game (like trees) don't load when I return to my farm. I don't visit neighbors that have a lot of decorations on their farm for this reason.
    I use Edge and find it better than chrome now.
    There also seems to be more quests at the same time??

• Country_Girl_60Country_Girl_60 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 555 Goldsmith

@maymay @tiffay8 @Tamfee @vorkszoo2 Do you use an adblocker? I had been using the launcher with no problems and then it just wouldn't load one day. One of the many things I tried doing, one at a time of course, while trying to diagnose the problem was turning off my adblocker. After I did that the game loaded with no problems. I think that when programs are updated they sometimes see other programs differently which would explain why the game quits working even when you haven't changed anything. Another problem is that some anti virus programs see the launcher as a threat and block it.
    I play on Facebook using Firefox with 8GB of RAM and usually don't have a problem with that. I hope this helps. If not, let us know and we'll try something else. :)

• SpringturtlesSpringturtles Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 26 Clueless Cookie

I am having the same problem - launcher not loading. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Works for a while then have to do it again. When it does load the game runs really slow. I am done with Farmville unless they can fix this!

@Springturtles said:
    I am having the same problem - launcher not loading. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Works for a while then have to do it again. When it does load the game runs really slow. I am done with Farmville unless they can fix this!

How much RAM does your PC have? Are you playing with ONLY one tab open? Do you have an Adblocker?

• SpringturtlesSpringturtles Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 26 Clueless Cookie
    edited March 6

Irena.P
    I have 8GB RAMon my MAC
    , I am playing with only one tab open and I do not have an adblocker!

I also have the 8GB minimum of RAM on my laptop, it plays OK, although I do need to refresh more often. I never play on my old Mac, so perhaps someone who uses a Mac can chip in with some tips.

An Adblocker can help, but again, wait for someone who plays on a Mac to advise you. What browser are you using on the Mac?

I noticed a couple of weeks ago, Apple did a huge update which sent my settings on my iPad nuts, so I think in general playing FV2 on a Mac, with Launcher, is probably going to cause some issues given their absolute hatred of Flash anyway.