Launcher+ Not loading

Comments

• silcallejasilcalleja Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

I have been playing FV2 for years. I never had charging problems. I did have other problems such as lack of items, rewards that were not given to me, etc. I always contacted the support team and they responded quite well to me. In reality, what they did was give me thousands of rewards, then I accepted them and that's it. But, 20 days ago, all of a sudden, I couldn't get into the game anymore. I have had a VIP subscription for years. I think that if I am paying for a service, they should answer me and fix the problem. But not. I sent them screenshot, screen video, chrome gpu, etc. Not only did they not know what to answer, but they asked me to send everything in obsolete formats. I did, not to argue and come to a solution. They never knew what to answer me. They were only sorry for my situation. Obviously, they have no idea what is going on. My problem was at the start of the game. The screen went blank. I did everything in my power: I cleared the cache, cleared antivirus, tried other browsers, read all the solutions proposed in this forum, etc. Meanwhile, I received other emails, apologizing and they continued to regret without solving anything. I decided to cancel my subscription and I communicated them. They also didn't care because they kept wailing. I think there are two options: they hire people who do not care about anything and it is on purpose so that there are fewer who play FV2 or we are in the hands of people who really do not understand anything.

The user is totally helpless.
    But the incredible thing about all this is that it had a happy ending. Not because of efficiency in their technical support team (who don't understand anything) but because one day, magically, I got into the game. And I didn't make any changes. I keep playing on the same computer, with the same antivirus, etc.
    In short: the users are totally alone and the support team is not prepared to respond or solve anything. They are only to lament.
    My advice for those who can't get into the game is to try it every day. And, finally, one day they will be able to do it.
    On the other hand, I have also made previous claims about the "friends" tab as items cannot be picked up from there. They also did not give solutions or a logical answer such as: "We are already aware of this problem and we are trying to solve it." Then, you would be left with the peace of mind of knowing that you are not the only one who suffers from the problem. But they don't. They tell you "let's investigate"
    I know my post was a bit long but I wanted to share it with you. Maybe it will serve somebody

@emdarby1961 said:

A FUNNY THING HAPPEN ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM.

the login freezes at 80%.

Zynga is very frustrating to deal with. They fill the game with many pop-ups but they punish us if we respond to them. I believe FB and Zynga have unspoken rules. If you transgress them they prevent you from playing the game. They have done it to me twice this month. They don't have any telephone support available. They just point you to the VAST FORUM they have to help.

I tried the supposed email support system and they reject me because I have a .net email address. They say it's a false address but I have had this Comcast address for over 10 years., this is the 1st place that rejected it. They love when you purchase farm cash. Which I did. I miss FV1. It wasn't so controlling and there was a better support system. I am very disenchanted by your Time-out limbo system you have.

Don't bombard me with farm cash purchases then punish me for my enthusiasm. I purchased the VIP service but you treat me like an unruly toddler. I looked at the cookies in my browser from your "helpshift" . If you would just FIX the email address rejection I wouldn't feel compelled to put my thoughts out in public on FB and your vast forum.

I read the forum suggestions and did them. NO FIX obtained. I have 64 bit with 16 GB Ram and a powerful Windows 10 pc. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox. I also have 2 different accounts, neither work. I resisted joining FV2 until FV1 was no longer around. Please STOP blaming the new Launcher for the problem and hiding behind your exhaustive forum and policy agreement you force us the accept to play. I know about disclaimers

I paid Cash for your service and DEMAND some RESPECT. if ANYONE OF MY FB FRIENDS FEELS BETRAYED BY ZYNGA PLEASE FREE TO POST. I WILL NOT BURY MY THOUGHTS IN YOUR HIDDEN FORUM. YOU FORCED ME TO POST THIS IN A MIXED PUBLIC OUTLET.

Please inform your "helpshift services" their just a bunch of BOUNCERS is this in your moneymaking SCAM. Call off the VICE SQUAD and I will discontinue my many RANTS.

• Gerry BellGerry Bell Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 13 Pumpkin

I have not been able to play since flash went away. Says they are working on a solution to fix it. My question is when the heck are you gonna fix this? Says i have Linux. I have a chrome book made by Samsung. I have played for years. I am so disappointed. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? I have missed a lot of quest.

• SheincarSheincar Forum Traveller Facebook Connect User Posts: 37 Learning the Ropes

I can't get the game to load, just white screen. Launcher wants to load FV2 Country Escape. Support want endless screenshots but getting nowhere.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,229 Lord of the Forums

Did you search the forum to read on all the suggestions for the Launcher/game loading issues/white screen etc.

Need to look at your Computer specs also do you have the RAM needed, what browser do you use. May have a bad download may have to uninstall/clear cache/reinstall

All sorts of threads around on the Launcher and more SEARCH besides just this one bigger one

• strouden52strouden52 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 15 Muffin

there is definitely an issue with Launcher. It takes some determination to get into the game, I tried 10 times today before it finally loaded. I used to prefer playing in Zynga but that never loads, I use FB now but when you request for items you have to keep coming out of the game. I have given up contacting support they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and I honestly dont think they care. It's a shame because some of us have been playing for years. I no longer attempt quests no point I never get the items I need. Reduced to just helping with items for the Co-op. Zynga asked me if I wanted to become a VIP! Why would I do that for a game I can no longer play properly.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,229 Lord of the Forums

VIP isn't worth it. Myself does not give you more power over someone who does not.

I loved this game during its early years and the mods here at the forum as those ones then cared about us and the game etc.

Now they are gone. Same as in another game I played years ago called Frontierville. It seemed like the mods who cared would suddenly get moved to another game probably where wouldn't be much interaction or something with players.

I miss some of the ones from that time and early years of this game around here at forum.

One reason and more that have slowed down with the game. Missions have gotten boring as same but different titled or something.

I do help those that ask for help on Zynga side as I play there only.

But even getting items with launcher and new look is hard than before.

Sorry support is falling off as well too.

Who knows if Launcher will work in with game as time goes or not. But if with every browser update or Launcher update it stops working for people it gets no fun.

But if game does not survive with Launcher it will be no more.

Not sure if the Parent game shut down or if they were going to try something with Launcher or not.

But see what happens come Summer time with game and Launcher

Good luck to all that have been having the issues.

• pinkcotton67pinkcotton67 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

we should not have to keep messing with our computer settings just to get their program to work, I should not have to download the installer over a dozen times then repair or uninstall and reinstall it. Its not the players or their computers its syngas programming and developers then tech support out of cracker jack boxes that don't know diddly squat period. I could go get all the emails from them where they keep saying the same old lame thing then show you everything I showed them, proofs its downloaded etc but its us players who just don't understand anything B.S they need to stop dicking around and breaking the game. It worked just fine a long time ago before they had to "FIX IT" lmao it wasn't broke but now it is because they can't leave well enough alone.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,787 Lord of the Forums

@pinkcotton67 said:
    we should not have to keep messing with our computer settings just to get their program to work, I should not have to download the installer over a dozen times then repair or uninstall and reinstall it. Its not the players or their computers its syngas programming and developers then tech support out of cracker jack boxes that don't know diddly squat period. I could go get all the emails from them where they keep saying the same old lame thing then show you everything I showed them, proofs its downloaded etc but its us players who just don't understand anything B.S they need to stop dicking around and breaking the game. It worked just fine a long time ago before they had to "FIX IT" lmao it wasn't broke but now it is because they can't leave well enough alone.

Worked fine a long time ago... but a lot happened between then and now. So yeah, they had to develop a fix, for something that had nothing to do with them, not Zynga's fault Flash was discontinued. So, they developed Launcher, it works, but needs constant tweaking as Browsers update all the time, each time they do, Zynga has to update Launcher. FV2 is an old dinosaur of a game, it is very heavy, needs a stupid amount of memory, Launcher needs even more. if your PC doesn't have the specs needed plus a bit more, you may have issues.

I have the bare minimum required to play the game, I don't intend to invest in something more powerful as I don't need it. Eventually I know I won't be able to play on the Lappy I use, my choice, nothing Zynga can do about it.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• MildredMildred Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Farmville 2 is not loading with Launcher. I click on the launcher and it shows that it is installed and I am playing the game, but it is just showing a white screen. I click on notifications and a picture pops up. I close notifications and it goes back to a white screen. I cleared all cache and it did not fix the issue. I have used Firefox and google chrome and it is the exact same issue. I uninstalled the launcher+ and restarted the computer. I reinstalled the launcher and it still showing a white screen. When I pull up the game the launcher is shows up in task manager. I have a Windows 10x64 edition. Everything is up to date in Windows. I even logged into other accounts and it still the same issue.

Search forum on White screen with launcher.

I do not even TOUCH the app icon on my desktop or such. Once I install it says at top I am playing with launcher so I just continue on.

• casthecarercasthecarer Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

can't load game on zynga or facebook. since yesterday. have tried everything. please help.

Did you read this thread all on the launcher and things.

There are other threads out there as well on game loading issues.

Perhaps your browser updated, the launcher updated or something.

What browser do you use

Are you getting a white screen, did you just download launcher

What specs are your computer
    RAM??? Do you have enough to run the game and launcher

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,699 Lord of the Forums

I'm back in purgatory again with my farm. I was on my farm earlier today and had to log out to clear caches. Tried logging back on again and my farm wouldn't load again. Cleared caches again and rebooted and still nothing. The most I've been able to do so far is clear out some stuff from my inbox. Oh and BTW, it seems Zynga is now trying to force everyone to play in full screen instead of small screen where you can see the post feed, your task bar and the tabs above the splash screen if you want to send gifts or buy farm bucks. I absolutely DO NOT want to play in full screen. It works the same awful way as when I play on small screen but at least I have access to the things I just mentioned. Once I click on resume all those things disappear

• Cindy Thompson SwansonCindy Thompson Swanson Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 19 Muffin

I was able to get on yesterday - today I can't get on either on Facebook or Zynga.com....???

edited March 3

@newmanmira, have you got other tabs open? if so close them down and have only the game open. Yeah, the devs prefer it if you are in full screen and zoomed in, then less stuff is on your screen. You have a huge farm with a lot of decor, so, it makes it even "heavier" for a game that is struggling.

I find that notice goes away after a day or so of needing to refresh.

@Cindy Thompson Swanson said:
    I was able to get on yesterday - today I can't get on either on Facebook or Zynga.com....???

I think the Launcher goes wonky whenever a Browser or FB do an update. Mine went nuts when WIndows did an update.Try the usual troubleshooting, Clear cache, change browser/platform. Do you have an Adblocker? if so try disabling it until the game loads, OR, if not, get one... Don't have any other tabs open. If Launcher has done an update, your Antivirus may need a while to see it as safe. You may need to whitelist it again. If it still won't load, try uninstalling Launcher, clear cache and reinstall it.

• neringaneringa Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

I had the same issue couple of months ago. I had to uninstall and install farville 2 launcher.. nothing else worked, I cleared all the data and ache and did all the other things.. but nothing worked.. and my browser was ok because I always use only firefox and that gets updated in between. Since zynga got us to use this launcher, it seems problems just keep arising all the time. stressful

not sure on Launcher fully. But guess it is a tricky program with some and the browsers.

At least with flash felt like knew more of what was dealing with

Seems like with this the uninstalling/reinstalling of browser/launcher and more is just too crazy

• JuliaPJuliaP Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

My game today will not load. It is stuck on 80-90%. I checked RAM (have12 Gb), uninstalled and re-installed Launcher, cleared cashe, re-started my computer, used different browser. What else can I try to do? Game was working just fine before today.

• SheincarSheincar Forum Traveller Facebook Connect User Posts: 37 Learning the Ropes

Mine was working fine 12 hours ago, now I can't load anything.