Weird Stuff in Helping Hands

Irena.PIrena.P Forum MeisterRegistered User Posts: 6,018 Lord of the Forums

Anyone else have what looks like Valentine's day recipes in their Helping Hands?
Or am I just missing a quest building I don't know about? :/

So now I have eight recipes that don't exist on my farm, out of a total of 12... Four Valentine's recipes, and four, year old Garden upgrade recipes I no longer can make, and neither can anyone else. "Sigh".

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

Comments

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,125 Lord of the Forums

I have the Valentine ones, but I've seen the cookies and lockets on the feeds as Post items.

• Country_Girl_60Country_Girl_60 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 578 Goldsmith
    edited January 22

I'm guessing it's going to be another one of Barbara's boutiques where you have to collect these items to upgrade the stalls. I've always wondered if you collect them before you get the quest if they counted.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,593 Lord of the Forums

I have them too Irena but nothing on farm yet, and posts are coming through on the facebook group I follow.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,453 Lord of the Forums

@Irena.P said:
    Anyone else have what looks like Valentine's day recipes in their Helping Hands?
    Or am I just missing a quest building I don't know about? :/

So now I have eight recipes that don't exist on my farm, out of a total of 12... Four Valentine's recipes, and four, year old Garden upgrade recipes I no longer can make, and neither can anyone else. "Sigh".

What is the Garden upgrade thinggie? I don't remember having done that.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• Nina_PurpletonNina_Purpleton Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,846 The Chosen One

@Country_Girl_60 said:
    I'm guessing it's going to be another one of Barbara's boutiques where you have to collect these items to upgrade the stalls. I've always wondered if you collect them before you get the quest if they counted.

I think Country Girl is right about the Barbara upgrades. The "8" items requested is the dead giveaway. Not sure about collecting the Post Items before completing the buildable will count towards the upgrades.

Here's mine. The Event Caps are from the Horse/Goat/Pig Team Racing Event. I still have the stupid Building on the side of the road strip mall.

• Country_Girl_60Country_Girl_60 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 578 Goldsmith

@Nina_Purpleton I've collected one of the lockets, parcels, and cookies so I can see if they count if collected before completing the build. I haven't seen a tart yet but will collect one if I see one. Of course, I realize that just because they do or don't count this time doesn't mean they will or won't count next time. :/
    I still have "Craft 25 Savory Potato Dosas" from that quest in my Ask for Help. You said you still have the building so do you still have the recipes to craft the event caps? If I still had the recipe I would craft my item just so it would be gone. Doesn't having the building there block you from getting new builds there?

• Nina_PurpletonNina_Purpleton Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,846 The Chosen One

@Country_Girl_60 No, I don't have the recipe for the Event Caps and I know for a fact that Z isn't going to take it away, at least until the devs are sure I have enough Ridiculous tasks so that I don't have an empty "Ask for Help" Board. I could be wrong about my theory that if the "Ask for Help" board is empty, they will have a rush of complaints about the Spinning Wheel of Death and players asking to Fix the helping hands board. I know it's a Far Out Theory but it has happened before and putting weird stuff in advance or for quests that no longer exists is their "solution" for that.

As for the Team Racing Station blocking me from getting new builds I don't really care about that because that's usually where the Toy Racing Stations, Ranger Stations, and perhaps the Pet Theatre goes there. Don't care about completing those Quests either.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,026 Lord of the Forums

Here's more Helping Hands weirdness (I'll report to Zupport)

Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,026 Lord of the Forums

Response from Zupport:

"I know how this will hinders you to earn Mentor Points if you are unable to complete tasks on the Helping Hands feature due to the overlapped 24hours text over the picked tasks. No worries! Our Team is now working towards resolving this situation.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated."

Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• castlclenrcastlclenr Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 60 Captain Obvious

Not only is there the overlap now everytime I go in I get woops a daisy and then an orange screen saying we can't seem to find the page you're looking for

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,593 Lord of the Forums

I get the overlapping when my game is not fully loading.
    Whoops a daisy is usually when the game is lagging with the server and you get too far ahead...slow down a little at a time works when that happens to me. Usually correct within a day.
    The orange/red screen and that notice is your computer is not connecting with their server. I clear cache restart computer and reload and that usually works for me @castlclenr

@castlclenr said:
    Not only is there the overlap now everytime I go in I get woops a daisy and then an orange screen saying we can't seem to find the page you're looking for

You may have reached the max level on the membership tier (I vaguely remember this). If true, you have to send a screen shot to Zupport (see support link in my signature) and they will push you past that.

• charlie the polar bearcharlie the polar bear Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 46 Building Expert

I clicked on the Queen of Hearts task and now my helping hands is messed up.

• CindyLeeLCindyLeeL Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 146 Saint Spontaneous

@Nina_Purpleton said:
    @Country_Girl_60 No, I don't have the recipe for the Event Caps and I know for a fact that Z isn't going to take it away, at least until the devs are sure I have enough Ridiculous tasks so that I don't have an empty "Ask for Help" Board. I could be wrong about my theory that if the "Ask for Help" board is empty, they will have a rush of complaints about the Spinning Wheel of Death and players asking to Fix the helping hands board. I know it's a Far Out Theory but it has happened before and putting weird stuff in advance or for quests that no longer exists is their "solution" for that.

As for the Team Racing Station blocking me from getting new builds I don't really care about that because that's usually where the Toy Racing Stations, Ranger Stations, and perhaps the Pet Theatre goes there. Don't care about completing those Quests either.

What is the spinning wheel of death?

@CindyLeeL When the search function continues to spin around without stopping at all hence someone nicknamed it the Spinning Wheel of Death.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,453 Lord of the Forums

@CindyLeeL said:

@Nina_Purpleton said:

What is the spinning wheel of death?

@Nina_Purpleton said:

I was able to move my Racing Station onto my farm two or three days ago.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• CindyLeeLCindyLeeL Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 146 Saint Spontaneous

@Nina_Purpleton said:

@CindyLeeL When the search function continues to spin around without stopping at all hence someone nicknamed it the Spinning Wheel of Death.

Ah makes sense. If it does it for more than a few seconds I know there are no help requests and come back to it later.

• NPittNPitt Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

ah, I've had the orange too for a couple of weeks now, and no answer from Zynga when I complain...