Autumn Animal Sprint

Comments

• Nina_PurpletonNina_Purpleton Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,845 The Chosen One

@Legendary said:
    My tasks are potentially doable but 3 time in a row my challengers have finished 6-9 laps by the end of the race. I was trying to complete since there's a level up cert for a prize.

I calculate ~70-80 treats to complete a lap. 70x9 = 630 treats to reach 9 laps, as my 2nd challenger did. Uggh that's so many tasks to reach those numbers. I can't tell if these random people are cheating or if this thing is rigged (aka fake challengers created by Zynga) but I hope you all's races have been fairer than mine!

In all the competitions that Z have come up with if there is a way to "cheat" someone will try to do that. The best examples are the "UnFair" Fair and the infamous Fishing Tournaments. Shakespam_123 is also right about players paying to get ahead as well. Like you said this thing could also be rigged with fake player ids to get real players to shell out money to complete the quest. I have been experimenting on how many Treats you can store in your Treats Inventory and have yet to come up with a limit. Because each race lasts 3 days, the player have time to stock up on Treats and let it rip [meaning they race their entire team all at once] to complete as many laps as they possibly can before the opponent catches on. This is one of my theoretical strategies I came up with that will explain how players can complete so many laps and therefore be label as potential "Cheaters".

I have been doing that using my first race as an experiment and because I don't want my opponent to label me as a cheater I pulled back just enough to win by a margin. I happened to have some doable numbers at the time and I want to win fair and square.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,869 The Chosen One

I try to do as many tasks as possible while it is 'x2'. It helps.

• LegendaryLegendary Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 115 Cloudylicious
    edited October 2020

@Nina_Purpleton said:

In all the competitions that Z have come up with if there is a way to "cheat" someone will try to do that. The best examples are the "UnFair" Fair and the infamous Fishing Tournaments. Shakespam_123 is also right about players paying to get ahead as well. Like you said this thing could also be rigged with fake player ids to get real players to shell out money to complete the quest. I have been experimenting on how many Treats you can store in your Treats Inventory and have yet to come up with a limit. Because each race lasts 3 days, the player have time to stock up on Treats and let it rip [meaning they race their entire team all at once] to complete as many laps as they possibly can before the opponent catches on. This is one of my theoretical strategies I came up with that will explain how players can complete so many laps and therefore be label as potential "Cheaters".

I have been doing that using my first race as an experiment and because I don't want my opponent to label me as a cheater I pulled back just enough to win by a margin. I happened to have some doable numbers at the time and I want to win fair and square.

That's a good point Nina. It's tough to label anyone a cheater in this one bc you can save up treats which is what I did myself. I was shocked by how fast my opponents were lapping the track so I just saved my treats until race 3. So the fact that I jumped almost 7 laps at once probably looked fishy.

I'm actually leaning toward zynga choosing an inactive player to serve as our opponent and rigging their progress. I've noticed, the progress is somewhat predictable. Its like they set a mark for us to beat and if we beat that mark, we win the race.

On race three I had saved up a lot of treats so I made sure I was "one" point ahead of my challenger and then I sat back and waited for 24 hours. I figure if this was a real person who committed to race through 6 laps they're going to do whatever it takes to get back ahead of me, but instead the 1 point lead stood to win the race. I'd be very interested to hear if anyone faces an opponent who they know for sure is an active player.

• Nina_PurpletonNina_Purpleton Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,845 The Chosen One

Too bad they don't have those Taunt thingies like the Racing Station. :D

• Christine~~Christine~~ Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 955 Guru of Mayhem

This player must have saved up an enormous amount of treats.... 🙄

• Christine~~Christine~~ Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 955 Guru of Mayhem

I guess a 30 lap lead wasn't enough....

It was hard but I finally managed to make it to the Second Round. True to fashion Z doubled the numbers yet again. Oh well, if I can't make it to the second baby horse no big deal.....

@Christine~~ They must be desperate to stock up on those baby horses and level up certificates at the prize store to make sure their opponent have no way to catch up to them. I am afraid you could have been matched with an inactive player in a rigged game like Legendary said. Don't feel bad because my last 3 opponents had a 25 lap lead on me on the get go too. They don't really have to worry about me because I planned to lose anyway. It's the "person" on the 10th race that do have something to really worry about..... Win or Lose I am having a blast on this Quest.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,869 The Chosen One

@Christine~~ said:
    I guess a 30 lap lead wasn't enough....

It IS strange :) . Personally I have saved up quite a lot of treats, but I only use them to win. On the last one that just finished it was quite easy to hit the '10 water extension'. Maybe that was the reason?

• katkat Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,390 Cream Corn Champion

MY current opponent has 16 laps already. last race was the same, they did 30+ laps

edited October 2020

Yeah - my new opponent is leading me 21 to 0 already. I do have 1578 treats in inventory, but was only using them at the last few minutes, if necessary. All my other races have been close, in the 4-7 lap range. These last 2, brutal.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,787 Lord of the Forums

Meh... Same the last race, I think he had50 laps.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

What annoys me, if these players are playing "outside the rules" as I believe they are, they have the ability to code in level up certificates, XP numbers, etc, etc. What's the point of even playing that quest to the degree they are? Leveling up once every 6 months -of daily game play- is asinine!!! And now we can't even win a darn level up certificate. The XP requirements to level up has ruined the incentive of playing at this point.... it's getting really old. Signed - frustrated farmer.

• Marie PrynychMarie Prynych Dramachine Registered User Posts: 889 Grand Poohbah

I can do better opposition 58 Laps !!!!!!! That is crazy

• Kimberly RajagopalanKimberly Rajagopalan Fisherman Registered User Posts: 396 Social Snowflake

This is the second race where my opponent has lapped me more than enough laps to win. This one is at 32 laps and 1298 treats so far. What's the point?? Sucks the fun right out of it and this is one thing that Z has had in a long time that I was actually enjoying with do-able tasks.

• katkat Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,390 Cream Corn Champion
  • daddysgirl491daddysgirl491 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 335 The One Who Knows it All
    Same here. Last two races, my opponent had 30+ laps in just a few hours. I did manage to get a couple of level up certificates so I guess I'll call it a win and be done with this one.
  • Marie PrynychMarie Prynych Dramachine Registered User Posts: 889 Grand Poohbah

Another person is on lap 68 what a joke.

• reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,004 Lord of the Forums

@daddysgirl491 said:
    Same here. Last two races, my opponent had 30+ laps in just a few hours. I did manage to get a couple of level up certificates so I guess I'll call it a win and be done with this one.

That's what I did. I got what I wanted and quit racing to let others get theirs.

Finally got my Second Baby Milestone Horse..... and to heck with my current FAKE opponent (almost 30 laps ahead already to my 4)