ELDER TREES

Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,703 The Chosen One

is there a way of seeing/finding any elder trees that u might have on your farm so can sell them. I know u get the pop up telling u that 1 of your trees is elder now n u can store it or sell it but, if say u have more than 1 elder tree at same time u would only sell 1 of them so 1or more could be sitting in the tree grove or a single 1 sitting there on its own. Just my farm is so overcrowded with trees some i believe i could replace as they r elder or even get new ones in

ADD ME: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73133723379?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
DAILY PLAYER WHO HELPS WITH OLD POSTS IF I DONT HAVE ANY OR VERY FEW N ANY REQUEST HELPS SENT

Comments

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 717 Party Starter

I usually just zoom in a bit and look to see if any of the trees are sitting in what looks like a 'plant pot' or bucket type thing, then I know they have become elder. I'm not sure if you get some sort of pop-up if you hover over the tree, but find it quicker to visually scan over them if I have a lot of groves together.

The trouble I have is that I often harvest a row of groves at the same time, but only get the pop-up on the first one it comes to that has eldered trees, so have to look at the others to check.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,695 The Chosen One

I've gotten in the habit of always storing trees when I get the popup. Then when I need a specific tree for a mentor task, I'll go into my inventory to pull it out. Or if I need quick pruning shears, I'll sell a few.

Zoom into your farm, look around for trees in a pot, those are elder trees.
    If in groves, look for the $tag (vs a heart tag). $tags are elder trees in your groves.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

@konamouse - I've never noticed the tags change too. Useful to know, thanks for that.

Maybe they could stick a number on too for the number of harvests left, or is that too much to ask? Lol.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,204 Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:
    @konamouse - I've never noticed the tags change too. Useful to know, thanks for that.

Maybe they could stick a number on too for the number of harvests left, or is that too much to ask? Lol

They do show the number of harvests left, when it's down to 5 harvests.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,703 The Chosen One
    edited July 20

here is a pic of my farm (n yes it needs tidying but dont know where to begin) so zooming in doesnt really show anything as so many trees all clustered together, majority of my groves has a single tree in front of it so i know what tree grove it is LOL

DAILY PLAYER WHO HELPS WITH OLD POSTS IF I DONT HAVE ANY OR VERY FEW N ANY REQUEST HELPS SENT

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,204 Lord of the Forums

@Tonya Scanlon said:
    here is a pic of my farm (n yes it needs tidying but dont know where to begin) so zooming in doesnt really show anything as so many trees all clustered together, majority of my groves has a single tree in front of it so i know what tree grove it is LOL

Oh my goodness, that is one hot mess. Try removing all the decos first, to make space to put things down, then go through it systematically.

Here are my trees -

Thanks @Susy Elizabeth - about the harvests left. Don't think I've ever noticed that before.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,695 The Chosen One

@nige1875 said:
    Thanks @Susy Elizabeth - about the harvests left. Don't think I've ever noticed that before.

I've only seen it when it's less than 5 to go. Agree with above, put decor in to inventory, then systematically look at your trees/groves to clear out the elders. Then reorganize.

I always keep heirloom pecans, olives, pears, pines and lemons ready to harvest since they show up often for event tasks. Peaches, apples and mangos grow fast when they are on the list. I have a bunch of single trees off to one side for helping hands (water or harvest 1 specific tree).

I do what you do, 1 grove with single tree in front to identify the grove.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

@nige1875 said:

You're welcome, Nige. As konamouse said, it only shows when you have 5 or less harvests to go.

• MsChaosMsChaos Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 798 Aged to Perfection

It's just something that takes a bit of work to deal with, like the PAB. You won't know how many harvests you have left if you mouse over a grove, due to different times left for trees if they've been added after being on the farm for a while, you have to take the tree out to find that info. But it's useful if you consistently fill groves with 4 trees at the same time, to put a singleton in front as someone says. I'm someone who sells the elders as soon as I have them, so it doesn't seem like such a chore to me. It helps if your groves are organized with some space between the rows, so you can tell which one you are mousing over more easily.

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,703 The Chosen One

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@Tonya Scanlon said:

Oh my goodness, that is one hot mess. Try removing all the decos first, to make space to put things down, then go through it systematically.

Here are my trees -

yes it is 1 big mess i totally agree just wouldnt know where to begin tidying it up even if i remove the fences around where i plant crops n where the trees r it wouldnt give me much room for manovere the fences where the animals r is to stop them walking all over my farm n also so peeps know where to feed eg the horses LOL

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,390 Lord of the Forums

Yeah, a couple of us neighbors used to do the tree trick. I'm glad I had all my tree in groves long before it started asking for all the favors to build them! It definitely would be hard to find all those elders in a forest of single trees! Some of the trees you can't tell went elder!

@Tonya Scanlon said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@Tonya Scanlon said:

Here are my trees -

yes it is 1 big mess i totally agree just wouldnt know where to begin tidying it up even if i remove the fences around where i plant crops n where the trees r it wouldnt give me much room for manovere the fences where the animals r is to stop them walking all over my farm n also so peeps know where to feed eg the horses LOL

If you'd like my unsolicited advice,

1. First off, try to add an additional expansion or two (if you can, the requirements are not so high for your level.)
    2. Remove all decos. (Don't fret about your animals roaming all over for now.) You can insert your decos back when the farm is organized and has more space.
    3. Put your groves and trees at the edges of your farm. This way, you will be able to access them easily.
    4. Remove all eldered trees. I would recommend storing them, in a case a quest calls for it then you will be able to pull them out. It's also useful to store them because you can sell them for shears if you need them.
    5. Put you fields and plots in a designated area.
    6. Now find out where you want you water tower, windmill, kitchen, workshop, and kiln to be at.
    7. Try to put similar items in one place. Eg., groves and trees together, fields and plots together, water tower and windmill together, kitchen, workshop and kiln together.
    8. Look at your farm for remaining space put and fence in so the animals don't roam around.
    9. I know it looks daunting, but it can be done patiently and with time.
    10. You can do it.

Here is my farm -

• nwade99nwade99 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

wow. that's a lot of field plots. thought the max was 45.

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 1,755 The Chosen One

@nwade99 said:
    wow. that's a lot of field plots. thought the max was 45.

If you upgrade your plots for the Rich Order Board they don't count in the 45.

here is pic of my farm now as did a bit of manovering not alot n all trees need to be watered as went through to find elders only had 2 so got rid of them. need more coins to expand dont have enough at mo so wish we could get more groves would help alot

@Tonya Scanlon said:
    here is pic of my farm now as did a bit of manovering not alot n all trees need to be watered as went through to find elders only had 2 so got rid of them. need more coins to expand dont have enough at mo so wish we could get more groves would help alot

Nice. This looks so much nicer and more manageable. Do you have all 45 groves?

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,590 Lord of the Forums

I would start putting your non essential trees in groves and heirloom them, then focus on them to elder and store. Will clean up all those trees.