Ridiculous Goals

nwade99nwade99 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

Water 53 of a certain tree? Okay, did that. Then what took it's place was to harvest 50 of a different tree that takes 12 hours! On top of that, I have to raise 3 of these, 4 of those, 11 of something else. Don't even know why I bother anymore. Game is getting to be more stressful than fun. Now I see why so many are quitting.

Comments

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,204 Lord of the Forums

@nwade99 said:
    Water 53 of a certain tree? Okay, did that. Then what took it's place was to harvest 50 of a different tree that takes 12 hours! On top of that, I have to raise 3 of these, 4 of those, 11 of something else. Don't even know why I bother anymore. Game is getting to be more stressful than fun. Now I see why so many are quitting.

That's what speed grows and zfriends from whom to ask for baby bottles are for.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 1,754 The Chosen One
    edited July 24

Watering trees is easy if you have some elder trees in your inventory and a 10 minute water certificate. Take the trees out of inventory, water them and put them back into inventory. Repeat the process until you've watered enough for the task.

In addition to @Susy Elizabeth suggestion of speed grow and zfriends, don't forget you have farmhands and family to help you. There's also Helping Hands.

@nige1875 also has a great suggestion of deciding if you want the reward or not and doing only the things that are enjoyable to you.

@nwade99 I hope the intention of my post is coming through. I want to cheer you on and encourage you to enjoy the game.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,204 Lord of the Forums

@QC_Hill said:
    Watering trees is easy if you have some elder trees in your inventory and a 10 minute water certificate. Take the trees out of inventory, water them and put them back into inventory. Repeat the process until you've watered enough for the task.

In addition to @Susy Elizabeth suggestion of speed grow and zfriends, don't forget you have farmhands and family to help you. There's also Helping Hands.

@nige1875 also has a great suggestion of deciding if you want the reward or not and doing only the things that are enjoyable to you.

@nwade99 I hope the intention of my post is coming through. I want to cheer you on and encourage you to enjoy the game.

I agree with everything you said.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,390 Lord of the Forums

Yeah, practically don't do any quests anymore because of high demands. But I like that watering trick QC!! Must have missed that one! But it's the harvesting one that stinks. I used to just put everything in front and Neighbors used to visit each other during impossible quests and help out, but seems we don't do that anymore.

• Tracie Lorraine BurrTracie Lorraine Burr Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 90 Chocolatier

As said above I only do the quest now if the prize at the end justifies the time and effort and 9/10 it doesn't, I just do the weekly quest now. Give it a few months and they will be churning out the same old Xmas village yet again with the again hard task levels to do just to enter a snowy village with not much rewards going for it.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,131 Lord of the Forums

Same, I look through the rewards first, see if it is something I want, then decide if the tasks are worth it, if not, just ignore it. A lot of quests are being ignored.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

Country Escape Forum

• daddysgirl491daddysgirl491 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 263 Gabby Enthusiast
    I pretty much only do the quests that involve a level up certificate as a reward since that is the only way I can level up most of the time now. I used to stress myself out over trying to do all of the quests but, as someone pointed out (can't remember who exactly), it's a game and it should be enjoyable! I've been playing since day one and, yes, it's got it's quirks and glitches but I still love this game. Learning to use the inbox efficiently was honestly a game changer for me. I think back now to the several years I wasted all of the water, fertilizer and baby bottles! UGH!
  • rmullanermullane This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 77 Black Sheep of ze Internet

Has anyone noticed how stuff doubles up in the quests? You have to get 4 of something, you do 3, come back later and the amount has changed to 8. it is very frustrating. Happens with everything.