Co-ops and Market Stall - Message from the Farmville 2 Team

Comments

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2020

Number 3 is what makes me mad. What made them decide our small co-ops weren't good enough?
    "After Step 1, we have closed Co-ops with 1 to 5 active members and have put them with highly active co-ops. Approx. 230 K, will be part of New Co-ops from 22nd May cycle"

But perhaps I'll be able to start my co-op again when/if they bring back the ability to create co-ops. For now, I don't appreciate being automatically removed from my co-op (I was close to 200 towns so it was an active co-op) and put into another, so I immediately left. I now can't join another one (and don't want to), so #4 is not working. If I can't create my solo co-op, I guess getting favors will be next to impossible for me.

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,621 Lord of the Forums

Well I hope they bring back the removal of members who stopped playing otherwise you can't manage your coop..

• froggiefroggie Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 396 Social Snowflake
    edited May 2020

I just hope there is some way to undo this. We had a small co-op of 6 members (one is technically "inactive" because she is having some health issues, but we were happy to carry her) So now to us having been moved to a newer and better co-op. We 5 (plus 2 others) are working our butts off while we sit with 6 members who have done nothing (our inactive person one of them) and one of these inactive people is the new owner (I lost my owner status) of the new co-op. Yes I know that some people are having trouble doing orders, but I don't see why we had to lose our co-op (and can't even re-form in when this settles down). We always made our goal by Monday, so what the heck is Zynga's problem with a 5 member co-op?

• Janet DeleeuwJanet Deleeuw The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 770 Aged to Perfection

As to inactive players - right now, I am one. I can't get my co-op or market stall to open. So I would say don't judge until they (hopefully) fix things.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,453 Lord of the Forums

@QC_Hill said:
    @Susy Elizabeth Do you know what's going to happen with the co-op members in the future? It doesn't look like we can remove people, so if someone stops playing will they be automatically removed from the co-op?

As far as I understand, if a player does not log in to the game for 90 days, they will be removed. If they log in even only once in that 90 day period, they will remain. Of course that's a conundrum because a player might be playing actively yet not participate in the market stand or shared orders. Or, if they only log in once during that 90 day period, there's not much of a chance that the player will be doing market orders.I think we should point this flaw out to the techies.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,453 Lord of the Forums

@ginadecespedes said:

There will be no shared orders. They did away with that. Now, all the orders you do go towards your 15 orders as well as your co-op requirements.

Mine has shared orders.

Maybe I wasn't clear on what I said. When I said there will be no shared orders, I meant that the separate window for shared orders is gone. Every order you complete goes towards your 15 orders goal as well as the co-op goal.

• MissChrisTXMissChrisTX Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 162 Investigator

"All Co-ops will now have only one leader, who is the best performing member in that Co-op for now" NOT TRUE The one who was made leader in MY co-op is NOT the best performer, never was. She is, however, the highest level player. I've seen many posts from peeps saying they have multiple leaders. I think zynga bit off waaaaay more than they can chew. No way they can make the kind of predictions necessary to determine performance. That's just stupid. And micro managing is the last thing zynga needs to be doing. I say MY co-op, MY power. MY decisions.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!! <3

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,125 Lord of the Forums

@Susy Elizabeth said:

As far as I understand, if a player does not log in to the game for 90 days, they will be removed. If they log in even only once in that 90 day period, they will remain. Of course that's a conundrum because a player might be playing actively yet not participate in the market stand or shared orders. Or, if they only log in once during that 90 day period, there's not much of a chance that the player will be doing market orders.I think we should point this flaw out to the techies.

That is a flaw. Now, having said that, I am the owner of a coop and I don't do orders. But most of the people in the coop have been members for years and they get their weekly quota. I do monitor the coop and get rid of people who appear to have stopped playing. I haven't quit the coop since it's working well for everyone.

I play with around 50 zfriends so belonging to a coop gives me another ~20 people to send requests to without having to be friends with them.

I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

@MissChrisTX said:
    "All Co-ops will now have only one leader, who is the best performing member in that Co-op for now" NOT TRUE The one who was made leader in MY co-op is NOT the best performer, never was. She is, however, the highest level player. I've seen many posts from peeps saying they have multiple leaders. I think zynga bit off waaaaay more than they can chew. No way they can make the kind of predictions necessary to determine performance. That's just stupid. And micro managing is the last thing zynga needs to be doing. I say MY co-op, MY power. MY decisions.

They are not making predictions on future performance. They are looking at the stats in recent past and going by that. As for who is leader now, they are still sorting out the issue. The facebook team was, and is trying to weed out the non-players participants, and clean them out. Zynga is trying to improve the game. If they have to micromanage the game at the start, then so be it. They will eventually fix the issues. And, btw, it's Zynga's game, Zynga's co-ops, Zynga's power, Zynga's decisions. Just sayin'. I understand people hate change, but we get used to the new thing over time. We will eventually be able to leave the co-ops we are in now. We will be able to join other co-ops of our choosing. The inability to create new co-ops is only temporary. In my opinion, the new market stall and co-op system has been simplified and better than the old system.

@QC_Hill said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:

That is a flaw. Now, having said that, I am the owner of a coop and I don't do orders. But most of the people in the coop have been members for years and they get their weekly quota. I do monitor the coop and get rid of people who appear to have stopped playing. I haven't quit the coop since it's working well for everyone.

I play with around 50 zfriends so belonging to a coop gives me another ~20 people to send requests to without having to be friends with them.

I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

I like your attitude.

• ginadecespedesginadecespedes On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,249 Genius Genie

I still have the separate window > @Susy Elizabeth said:

@ginadecespedes said:

There will be no shared orders. They did away with that. Now, all the orders you do go towards your 15 orders as well as your co-op requirements.

Mine has shared orders.

Maybe I wasn't clear on what I said. When I said there will be no shared orders, I meant that the separate window for shared orders is gone. Every order you complete goes towards your 15 orders goal as well as the co-op goal.

I still have the separate window for shared orders.

@ginadecespedes said:
    I still have the separate window > @Susy Elizabeth said:

@ginadecespedes said:

Mine has shared orders.

I still have the separate window for shared orders.

Most of us don't have it anymore. Maybe you are on their "slow rollout" thing? This is what my co-op looks like for now:

• ginadecespedesginadecespedes On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,249 Genius Genie
    edited May 2020

Yes mine looked like yours too after the 1st change up, but with the new roll out it changed again back to the 2 windows.
    Maybe yours will change back when zynga finishes adjusting the changes.

@ginadecespedes said:
    Yes mine looked like yours too after the 1st change up, but with the new roll out it changed again back to the 2 windows.

Yeah, everytime I go into my market stall, I expect it to not work, or to change again, but it still remains and works. So far, I like this idea of all our orders going towards both our individual and co-op orders. I hope they keep it like that.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 6,018 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2020

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@ginadecespedes said:

Yeah, everytime I go into my market stall, I expect it to not work, or to change again, but it still remains and works. So far, I like this idea of all our orders going towards both our individual and co-op orders. I hope they keep it like that.

Every Coop I have ever been in has always worked that way? How else could it possibly work? You just keep on doing orders, you hit your personal 15, which is often the cut off point in many big Coops to stop playing, until they are in the home stretch to reach their goal, they do it so you will not hit Coop goal too soon and miss out of shared order bonus favors. Ergo, your first 15 always counts towards the Coop.

Shared orders, a different beast entirely, some coops have them, some don't. Even though I am in a solo coop, and think that maybe I have ben updated, as I have the new look Coop headquarters, I actually have( and did before) shared orders, which I'm sure is a glitch, because although I'm alone, and the Coop legend states I am the only member, My shared order tab always has five shared orders, with random names of players I have been in coops with in the past. Some of them stopped playing the game years ago.

I did actually send in a ticket months ago about it, got the response that not all coops have shared orders. They game me some fert. :p

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• vinewoodvinewood Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 90 Dramachine
    edited May 2020

Hi all i want is my co op back so i can invite members i would appreciate this thank you

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 6,018 Lord of the Forums

@vinewood said:

Hi all i want is my co op back so i can invite members i would appreciate this thank you

The techies are still working on it.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

@Irena.P said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@ginadecespedes said:

Every Coop I have ever been in has always worked that way? How else could it possibly work? You just keep on doing orders, you hit your personal 15, which is often the cut off point in many big Coops to stop playing, until they are in the home stretch to reach their goal, they do it so you will not hit Coop goal too soon and miss out of shared order bonus favors. Ergo, your first 15 always counts towards the Coop.

Shared orders, a different beast entirely, some coops have them, some don't. Even though I am in a solo coop, and think that maybe I have ben updated, as I have the new look Coop headquarters, I actually have( and did before) shared orders, which I'm sure is a glitch, because although I'm alone, and the Coop legend states I am the only member, My shared order tab always has five shared orders, with random names of players I have been in coops with in the past. Some of them stopped playing the game years ago.

I did actually send in a ticket months ago about it, got the response that not all coops have shared orders. They game me some fert. :p

That is true. What I really meant is that we don't have to go to the shared orders window to do much more exorbitant amounts of stuff to complete the shared orders. We can now do the orders all on one board, which is calculated by how much we are willing to work for an order, or discard so less work there and typically individual order requirements are not as high as shared orders. When we had the separate shared order window, we had to complete ten shared orders whose requirement were much higher to get that extra 50 favors. Granted, we don't get the extra 50 favors anymore, but we save on power and resources. Also, we get a reward for completing co-op goals every week.

• castlclenrcastlclenr Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 60 Captain Obvious

Mine has the purple drop above it that won't go away there are people from the co-op standing by my market stand that do nothing when I click on them I don't see if people answer my request and there are no shared orders that count as . I Have been playing since the beginning and have noticed they don't really care anymore the number of players has dropped well below 100.000 at anytime. A matter of time before people get fed up I used to spend money but it's not worth it anymore

• reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,004 Lord of the Forums

@MissChrisTX said:

In the beginning (History) of the co-ops, people would get bounced out and then penalized a week before being a player in that co-op. Zynga said to mark them all as Leaders so they wouldn't get removed by pressing a wrong button. My Co-op had everyone marked as leader. It did prevent accidental removals, but disabled the ability to get the wasted players out.

I took over my Co-op & renamed it because the "owner" hasn't played in over 2 years. 6 of the previous players are still in the Co-op. However, the rest are non-players and have been for years. I can "Report" them, but that's all.

Our Co-op hit its goal & we got the 200 Favors & some decoration like a water pump. Then the Market Stand went to "Shared Orders" like before. I ignored it and it went away.