Dear Zynga

slysquireslysquire Guru of MayhemRegistered User Posts: 1,066 Pet Queen

Dear Zynga,

Unlike past years, I now am reluctant to even login to FV2. Sadly, if I do login it is due only to a sense of obligation to fellow FV2 players and my Co-op. My logins are becoming less and less frequent.....

You ask why? You've forgotten from whence you came Zynga. Your customer base - that which made you - is fleeing in droves. Seemingly, you are on a course of self-desctruction.

At this moment in time there are no less than six (6) timed quests/ challenges in play, seven (7) when the weekly quest is included, nine (9) when Helping Hands and the Spin Wheel are considered, and twelve (12) when the Fairs, Co-ops and Bonus challenges are factored in - then consider also these:

Quests goals are beyond ridiculous
Helping Hands only works with some of the quests
More often than not, there are NO Helping Hands requests to do
Or, Helping Hands requests the do appear cannot be completed in the allotted 24 hours
Tractor Factor goals even for the simplest upgrade were ridiculous
Tractor Factor has been tied to other timed quests which of themselves are impossible to complete
The MyFriendsActivity Feed is breaking and non-functional more and more frequently
Nearly impossible to collect the required Post/Ask For items for the multitude of quests/challenges
Co-op tasks are now frequently requiring ingredients that are above your level
The Co-op Delivery Map has ended with no more goals to achieve
Quests are broken from the outset with completions not counting and earned rewards not being given
FV2 Launcher works only occasionally and there is no feedback assuring players of HTML in the offing
Game play freezes, repeated logins needed to get the quests to load, white screen and WADs
Leveling Up at a certain point all but ceases due to the ridiculous XP required
At a certain level there is nothing more than Expansions to purchase with Favors
Captain Jack's Riverside and Doubloons becomes pointless as the Map ends
Racing Stable, Rooster, Bird Houses cannot be stored and serve no useful purpose
There is more activity in the Bugs section of this forum than in any other section
Keeper's Journal has no value after achieving Rank 10

There is no joy left in this game. It has become noting but toil and drudgery.

Sadly, it is readily apparent that this game, Zynga's signature game will soon be shuttered and relegated to the ash heap of history.

My VIP Membership ends today. No more money will be spent as I chose not to partake in Zynga's thinly veiled attempt to force players to spend money to engage in basic gameplay. What little Farm Bucks I have will be expended.

I've enjoyed my many friendship established through this game. I will miss them as I slowly cease actively playing. Lastly, my apologies to my fellow Co-op members as my weekly contribution and participation also slowly ends. We made our five (5) year mark together - quite an achievement.

Comments

• Janet DeleeuwJanet Deleeuw The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter

You have said what I have been thinking a lot lately....

• lewelewe Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon

I totally agree. FV2 has become work, no longer fun to play. The requirements are too high, can't get enough to fulfill, too many glitches in too many things. I, too, have decided to down play my game play, no longer spending hours on here trying to accomplish what it not possible. I don't put real money in this game unless it is a special for 5$, then maybe. I just don't enjoy the game anymore.

• ptfan992012ptfan992012 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,049 Lord of the Forums

Typical Zynga. They did this with other games were great for a couple years, then support was gone, missions had been changed and way more to do. With complaints that was not challenging enough I can see it becoming more challenging as you get up there level wise maybe 250 and above. I sort of log in and help on those but really not in mood to even farm. Quests are on rerun just sort of change theme or such. Yes do have too much out and some things should go away but fan base really after a game lasted a couple years went down with even other games to Z.

This is it for z for me. Even if had an html 5

• chrissie123chrissie123 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 67 Captain Obvious

I wholeheartedly agree with you Slysquire.

• Kimberly RajagopalanKimberly Rajagopalan Fisherman Registered User Posts: 384 Social Snowflake

Totally agree with you all. This game has become a total drag. I come back because I am too hopeful I guess.
    Slysquire couldn't have said it better. Spot on.

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,438 The Boss

SO TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! i havent been playing aslong as you slysquire but have noticed how impossible alot of the missions have become it has become so much like being in a fulltime job just NOT getting payed for it. i just come on to pass a bit of time away in the day n click on posts visit friends n help co-op but i no longer enjoy the game

ADD ME: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73133723379?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    SERIOUSLY NEED FRIENDS N NEIGHBOURS

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,114 Lord of the Forums

Yeah, I can't afford to spend 3 hours of farming! Before you know it, all your morning is gone. When you just want to go on and do something real quick? That never happens.

• froggiefroggie Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 354 The One Who Knows it All

I dropped my VIP membership about six months ago for the same reasons and since then it's only gotten worse. I suspect a lot of this game has become automated, so they can put their developers on new games that don't run on Flash. I also suspect that they really can't fix the Flash problems and know that in a year they are just going to have to drop the game anyway - so who at Zynga really cares about a game that they've put on hospice.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,289 Genius Genie

I agree with Froggie

I have not seen mods around either. At least ones that stand out. All the good ones are gone probably with other places or somewhere. The mods anyways that would change threads here or things like the Temporary Feed or other things.

Who knows if game will survive a full year or even if to Spring of next year or such.

I remember with other games played people would say at forum OH game is not going anywhere. They won't close or such.

Then the hammer came down just a short couple months or so later.

We could not get true answers from powers that be.

And powers that be seem non existent now

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,637 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2019

I agree also with what everyone has said. I've been playing since around 2013. Never had so many problems until the last 2 years. The Launcher+ isn't much better than Adobe Flash Player. Today, so far, I've spent almost 30 minutes trying to get back onto my farm. I got on the first time with very little issues, but then got a WAD and it's been h*ll ever since. As for complaints of not being challenging, I really would like to know who these players are that are complaining about that. If they are real people, why is Z catering to them? I remember back in the day when on fair day, there were over 700,000 people signed in, now it's not more than 100,000. That's a huge base to lose so no wonder they are losing money on FV2. If it weren't for my co op, I might not be playing right now. It takes me almost all day to do my farm and I have to log out, then log back in numerous times because there's something that keeps slowing my farm down. I guess I'll go try logging back onto my farm. We'll see how long that takes.

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,438 The Boss

yes i enjoy the challemges but some of them, like at mo i have to harvest 100 eggplants n on another one i have to fertilize 65 wheat n also harvest 91 brocolli so thats a total of 256 plants to deal with n they r all timed missions i dont have that mount of planting area, especially with all the new trees u have to buy as well i just dont have a farm that is big enough to actually have all those trees n crop space im doing my best to make room eg via expaning but i cant do that daily. im also cutting down the amount of trees to try n make room, but i personally believe u need to have at least 5 of each tree even though most of the time need more but my farm at mo looks a mess due to needing more trees n also the room for the likes of the new buildings.

ADD ME: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73133723379?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    SERIOUSLY NEED FRIENDS N NEIGHBOURS

• froggiefroggie Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 354 The One Who Knows it All

I'd also like to add some more things (which aren't as critical as those already mentioned but just add to the annoyance factor.

The Level 2 Orchard, which does prove useful for some quests, has not added new coin trees to its inventory
    The Level 2 Woods usually coughs up the same crop packets over and over which are useless once mastered.
    The song birds swoop in where not wanted and harvest a plot before it can be fertilized for a quest.
    Resource packs such as salt, pepper, sugar are bundled and if you need one, you waste the others because of
    LIMITS - which is an issue in and of itself. 3 items to do, 12 sugar each, two days - huh?????
    Hundred of wet crops needed for a single craft are impossible to dry in the time frames allowed.

• ChiibisukeChiibisuke Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Posts: 30 Moderator

We appreciate your valuable feedback, Farmers. While there are many in-game issues being reported, our team strives to work on a fix as quickly as they can to provide a better gaming experience for everyone. Rest assured that all your remarks are noted and will be considered as reference in making further improvements in the game. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

• Kimberly RajagopalanKimberly Rajagopalan Fisherman Registered User Posts: 384 Social Snowflake

@Chiibisuke said:
    We appreciate your valuable feedback, Farmers. While there are many in-game issues being reported, our team strives to work on a fix as quickly as they can to provide a better gaming experience for everyone. Rest assured that all your remarks are noted and will be considered as reference in making further improvements in the game. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

My biggest complaint is the unrealistic task requirements. Sucks the fun right out of the game.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,289 Genius Genie

So far have not had many unrealistic requirements. Sometimes I do and I stop mission. But now things are just getting boring and same kind of missions over and over and over.

I know in other games I played they had the quests easy to start then after a year or two upped them to more challenging. Where maybe needed things on one time through early but as game went along you would need 4 or 5 times those items.

Many things got crazy in those games.

I think many probably left that were tired of same old routine with Z games possibly

As for the ones complaining quests were too easy and needed challenging I had seen in posts when first starting to change the quests and more postings as time went so was going by those posting which was why I mentioned it

IF they are true people or just bots posting over and over or what may never know

A lot of things are changing with game in last year or two. Mods non existent. Yeah one posted above but the ones that truly were out there talking to us long gone and such.

Ones maybe trusted too even. Felt like part of family around or such.

Now just have one or two people saying mods but not mods like used to have.

So one reason not really in tune with who is around today

The task requirements we have been complaining on for a couple years or more now and like anything else in one ear and out other. We are just not listened too

And we get the broken record response like above