tractor issues

Comments

• Kathleen McNamara DavisKathleen McNamara Davis Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 2,384 Lord of the Forums

All you can do is use up the oil and make more to clear space. It's a very annoying process

Farmville 2 addict - Level 385 & National Fair League Elite{STILL}
    Daily player who returns all help requests.
    Add me - http://zyngagames.com/profile/36409739519?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

• froggiefroggie Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 383 Social Snowflake

@Kathleen McNamara Davis said:
    Same problem as froggie.

I picked Expand Grid Size for my 1st tractor upgrade. Tasks haven't been bad - stuff for current quests. You get 2 weeks to complete the upgrade. I'm down to 8 hours left. I've completes Card Sets A & B. For Set C I've needed Radiators for days!!!! I get everything but them.

It started out interesting but looks like yet another impossible to do nightmare.

Plus anytime I make oil to clear cards from inventory so I can collect more my farm locks up and I have to refresh to continue.

I'd like to say that it's nice to know I'm not alone in this horror, but it's something I wouldn't wish on any farmer. I tried two more tasks this morning - another 3000 rich points and 119 mentor points. No radiator. I wish I had some reasonable tasks, I'd keep trying but I just can't face anything more from the rich order board or the mentor points. Of course I could always try for 60 co-op orders (ha-ha).

• froggiefroggie Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 383 Social Snowflake

@Irena.P said:
    I'm fine with the plane for watering and fertilising. Even though I've been moaning for a tractor for years, I don't know if it is worth all the hassle now. We have no idea how much longer FV2 will even be here.

People may be throwing money at all of the ridiculous quests lately, for a game that may very well end next year.

Thanks for a note of sanity. I should have just ignored it, but it's just so frustrating to have put all this work in and then not gotten anything back. It was just that I was afraid they would take the plane away and then I'd be back to manual watering and fertilizing. But you're right that the game might be going away anyway. Thanks again.

• cavsrulecavsrule Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 47 Building Expert

I am so p'd off with this thing. I can't complete tasks because my inventory is full but I can't do anything with the cards to make room.
    I can't use the oil because the tractor won't do anything, I can't water or harvest. All the thing is fit for is the deco drop, six plots at a time so at least it's not completely useless!!

edited November 2019

@cavsrule said:
    I am so p'd off with this thing. I can't complete tasks because my inventory is full but I can't do anything with the cards to make room.
    I can't use the oil because the tractor won't do anything, I can't water or harvest. All the thing is fit for is the deco drop, six plots at a time so at least it's not completely useless!!

When you hover on a plot or a field that needs water or fertilizer, do you see the tractor? If so use it to water, fertilize or harvest. Then your amount of oil drops and you can make oil by selling off cards to get more inventory room. That's the way I've had to do it. My problem is despite two weeks of horrendous work, I still can't get a second radiator to complete my 4th card so those two weeks of work are about to go bye-bye. This has got to be one of the buggiest things yet. I just can't believe they released this with so little thought (no, wait a minute - this is Zynga - I guess I can believe it).

• Kathy Wagner BennettKathy Wagner Bennett Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 17 Muffin

Thanks, Kathleen! I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, I will just keep trying. I was also wondering how I trade the cards, if I have too many?

• Renee BeacomRenee Beacom Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 825 Forum Meister
    edited November 2019

its not like it matters. My tractor was broken for so long that my upgrade time ran out. and after contending with the broken tractor the tasks they expect us to do some of them are not possible due to yet more zynga glitches. So all the work i put into upgrading this past week I just lost because of all the stinkin issues! Now I have to start all over! why whats the point. zynga took all inventory cards and the finished upgrades away.i only had one more card to get .

and then theres that stupid design garden which is really a waste of time because we can't really use it or see it once its done. and the tasks they expect us to do.
    Then theres is the chinchilla design with yet more ridiculous tasks requiring unrealistic amounts of cinder blocks.

hilarious a chinchilla pooping a cinder block. poor things

• Renee BeacomRenee Beacom Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 825 Forum Meister

@cavsrule said:

its not like it matters. My tractor was broken for so long that my upgrade time ran out. and after contending with the broken tractor the tasks they expect us to do some of them are not possible due to yet more zynga glitches. So all the work i put into upgrading this past week I just lost because of all the stinkin issues! Now I have to start all over! why whats the point. zynga took all inventory cards and the finished upgrades away.i only had one more card to get .

and then theres that stupid design garden which is really a waste of time because we can't really use it or see it once its done. and the tasks they expect us to do.
    Then theres is the chinchilla design with yet more ridiculous tasks requiring unrealistic amounts of cinder blocks.

makes me mad enough to take a break and say forget it. why do we need so many tasks all at once.

@Renee Beacom said:

Yep - they took all my cards away also. I did three more tasks today hoping for that one radiator card. So out of two weeks of ****-breaking work - NOTHING to show for it.

• jlatenserjlatenser Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 160 Investigator

i just used the tractor to water and fertilizing and the oil goes down..so your tractor is not working. the tasks are too hard again..i finished with the design house why would i do it all over again..only have couple days left in the boat race before it leaves but i need 200 points... so i am just leaving it as a decoration...hopefully the xmas area will be reasonable.hopezynga fixes your tractor..not using mine already parked it by the barn since you are unable to store it

• Helen DeCarlo KrizHelen DeCarlo Kriz Fisherman Registered User Posts: 570 Goldsmith
    edited November 2019

Missed the tractor upgrade because of 1 missing card. Very frustrating. Not sure I want to continue with the tractor, it seems like a lot of work and not worth it. It's one or two extra steps to use it.

• reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,004 Lord of the Forums

Got the tractor a couple of hours ago. Everything rests on "complete the SeeSaw. . ." - Well, I completed it and got an immediate popup saying "sorry - ran out of time". I didn't. I had 24 hours left. Submitted a ticket to Support & they graciously gave me some goodies, but never completed it in the quest. So now, I'm already out of the Tractor quest. Oh, well.

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

I have the tractor and had a building that says my name and with Workshop coming soon.

I can use the tractor to water, fertilize and harvest and then goes to its corner.

Doesn't bother me being on farm.

Just would like to know on all these tasks everyone is mentioning

• cavsrulecavsrule Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 47 Building Expert

Thank you @froggie, I'm on 'auto-pilot' when I plant/water/harvest and I hadn't noticed the tractor icon. I used oil, made more, than it froze and I had to refresh the game.
    Then I had the same problem as @Renee Beacom with the task I was working on timing out, and I hate being forced to do the garden design thing, it's too much like hard work so I'm giving up.

• Kathleen McNamara DavisKathleen McNamara Davis Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 2,384 Lord of the Forums

Totally not worth all the effort & bother for upgrading the tractor
    I'll stick with the airplane

• Ela LoskaEla Loska The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 774 Aged to Perfection

I have a task saying "unlock for bridge in dream renovations work station"
    What does it mean? Unlock what?

It says from the beginning 7/8 done, I've since done three task and unlock one more choice and it did not change anything.

You can't trade cards. You can only use them to make fuel or keep to complete an upgrade.
    My luck with upgrading the tractor has sucked so I'm pretty much finished with it.
    Too much work for too little reward

• jlatenserjlatenser Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 160 Investigator

i played around with the tractor for short time..there is a window if you want to sell your cards or trade them in for oil..then you can continue watering fertz. etc..sounds like you have too much..think someone posted this too. they could not get rid of the oil..should be depleting if you are watering..mine went to zero..then i traded a card in for more oil...too difficult they should let you buy the upgrades for favors..get a helicopter does same but you can buy with favors..use tractor for decoration

if oil amounts do not move then you need to fill out a ticket if you want to get it fixed

• Sue Gallina-DettloffSue Gallina-Dettloff Party Starter Registered User Posts: 973 Guru of Mayhem

Thanks for confirming that it's not worth the trouble. Haven't been doing most of the new features and quests.