Animal Barn NOT Producing

TinsywinsyTinsywinsy GrasshopperRegistered User Posts: 82 Black Sheep of ze Internet

I have included a screenshot to help explain.

I have 41 animals in my animal barn, but when all are hungry, it only says 27. It only allows me to superfeed 27 at a time as well. I don't even know which 27 they are, and which ones aren't getting fed/hungry.

At times, I have had a completely full animal barn, and the same issue has occurred.

It was suggested to take turtles out, so I did. No luck.
It was suggested to put a hungry chicken in, so I did. Temporary luck but it's just as bad now. I don't want to have to put in a hungry chicken each time.
It was suggested that perhaps some of my animals were close to prizing, so I pulled them out and kept only the ones who had a long way to go. No change.
It was suggested to pull out all unusual animals, so I did. No luck.

I currently have only horses, goats, and rabbits in that barn. All of which are not even close to prizing out.

I NEVER get anything from my horses in the barn. I don't really get anything at all. And yet my farm won't allow that many animals on so I HAVE to have the barn in order to have my 135 animals.

I'm quite frustrated as I have spent a great deal of coins and favors upgrading that barn to a level 7. And now it's completely useless.

Please fix this.

Comments

• GuggeGugge Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 2,805 Lord of the Forums

Regarding the 27 superfeed to super feed all.

If you look in the upgrade view, each upgrade you make give feed and superfeed discounts. Not that I can understand the maths behind it, it is Zynga after all... But something like that.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,668 Lord of the Forums

The animal barns need constant attention, they have been buggy from the start, but manageable.
    As already stated, check to see if you have any animals that may have prized out but not been automatically kicked out. Then remove any with 3 feeds or less.

Don't keep otters or turtles in the barn, When they prize out they become unresponsive and have a yellow footprint, it screws up the barn.

Adding a hungry animal can often give a temporary fix.

Finally, I have found the only way to find the culprit, is to use a hungry animal certificate, as you eliminate all the animals and they prize out, you will no doubt find a few, who do not get fed from the troughs, do not get fed when you click on the barn and appear to still have a lot of feeds to go. However, when you remove them from the barn, they suddenly have a MINUS number of feeds and prize out. I have found it is usually horses, so you could try taking out the horses one by one until you find the one causing the problem.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 1,981 The Chosen One

The animal barn is getting worse. My horses are not getting hungry and the hungry chicken trick will only works about 1/2 of the time. The other animals in the barn appear to be okay, it's just the horses that are acting up.

• TinsywinsyTinsywinsy Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 82 Black Sheep of ze Internet

@Irena.P said:
    The animal barns need constant attention, they have been buggy from the start, but manageable.
    As already stated, check to see if you have any animals that may have prized out but not been automatically kicked out. Then remove any with 3 feeds or less.

Don't keep otters or turtles in the barn, When they prize out they become unresponsive and have a yellow footprint, it screws up the barn.

Finally, I have found the only way to find the culprit, is to use a hungry animal certificate, as you eliminate all the animals and they prize out, you will no doubt find a few, who do not get fed from the troughs, do not get fed when you click on the barn and appear to still have a lot of feeds to go. However, when you remove them from the barn, they suddenly have a MINUS number of feeds and prize out. I have found it is usually horses, so you could try taking out the horses one by one until you find the one causing the problem.

In my original post, I already eliminated ALL of these possibilities. I don't have any in there not fed from the troughs, I only have rabbits, horses and goats in there all of which have more than 15 feeds left on them, I have cleared out any and all animals that are anywhere close to being prized, put hungry animals in, done a hungry animal certificate which still didn't alleviate the issue...so it's really really buggy!

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

I think things are getting wonky with the game more and more.

a lot of these things have been the common thing. Don't put the water animals in there: Turtles/Otters
    Check to see if any prized out and not been removed or near being prized.

I got stuff from my loan horse in there at this time. I used to have many horses in there and some others but with fact waning more and more from this game with too many bug issues and more.

If I felt at this time Z cared but with fact been through too many games to know way they do things with them.

And with flash going away probably isn't a lot now that can be done either.

But you have done all the steps usually that have helped but as things have gone on with the game things we used to do probably are not as strong working now as they were

@Tinsywinsy said:

@Irena.P said:

In my original post, I already eliminated ALL of these possibilities. I don't have any in there not fed from the troughs, I only have rabbits, horses and goats in there all of which have more than 15 feeds left on them, I have cleared out any and all animals that are anywhere close to being prized, put hungry animals in, done a hungry animal certificate which still didn't alleviate the issue...so it's really really buggy!

As I mentioned.

Finally, I have found the only way to find the culprit, is to use a hungry animal certificate, as you eliminate all the animals and they prize out, you will no doubt find a few, who do not get fed from the troughs, do not get fed when you click on the barn and appear to still have a lot of feeds to go. However, when you remove them from the barn, they suddenly have a MINUS number of feeds and prize out.

You might find, one of the animals which appears to have 15 or more feeds left, isn't being fed, either by the troughs or when you feed the barn, ONLY when you place it on the farm, its actual status shows, often as MINUS. I found at least four of this type of problem animal last time I used a Hungry animal certificate, because eventually, you end up with ONLY those animals in the barn, and the trough remains highlighted, feeding the barn doesn't decrease the feed number.

Yes the barn is glitchy so is the Prized Barn because it is a clone of the Animal barn.

As Witchie said though, the entire game is screwed up, so maybe the barn is beyond any sort of workaround now.

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,475 Lord of the Forums

Yeah, all of the same here with mine. Noticing more and more problems with it.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,797 The Chosen One

Usually I have figured out what to do and I know all the things listed above, but from yesterday it has been really strange. It simply does not get hungry before I ad a hungry chicken and then not always either. ill try removing the horses and see if that helps.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

Some problems with it again this week for me. Noticed it wasn't hungry for quite awhile, so went in and sped fed an animal that had only 3 feed left and BAM, prized out 8 animals! Sometimes it just takes that kind of nudge.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,281 Lord of the Forums

@Colleen Murphy said:
    I went into my barn, to super feed, and it will not feed !

This happened to me. I used the pickup tool picked it up put it down and then it let me feed. Same with sprinklers and groves. Alternative is visit a neighbor come back.

• ChadzillaChadzilla Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 420 Forum Detective

I have problems with mine on and off. For some reason a turtle or another water animal that I did not put into my barn keeps ending up inside it. I remove them but in a few days I notice it's not working again only to find the offending animals back in the barn.

Did I see someplace that having a dog messes it up too?

Turtles and otters cause problems in your barn, also the Collie, it freezes it up when it barks at it. Most players have placed the Collie in inventory because of it.

edited November 2019