Harvested crops returned after reloading game...

doggimsdoggims Cupcake PrincessesPosts: 441Registered User Forum Detective
edited August 2019 in FarmVille 2 Discussion

Has this ever happened to any of you?
I was rushing tonight to harvest all my crops before my double point clock ended but my game was unbearably slow. In fact, I was unable to get all the crops harvested before my double points expired, so I logged off and reloaded the game. When the game came back on, I couldn't believe my eyes. All my harvested crops were back where they were gone just moments before! Actually, this is the second time this has happened....the first time was a few months ago. I received double points for the first harvest, and single points for the second! I'm not complaining (for once...lol), but it's the weirdest thing. But then again, for THIS game, maybe it's normal. Oddly enough, when this happened, I also lost all my neighbours off the neighbour bar. sigh.

Comments

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Posts: 1,677Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Chosen One

Didn't give it time to save all progress. I find when game slow it means it is having trouble keeping up and what I am doing isn't fully saving.

• KJusticeKJustice Posts: 2,224Registered User, Facebook Connect User Lord of the Forums

I've had this happen before, it's one of those nice glitches where you can harvest all those crops again and it adds up, well that's my experience.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Posts: 1,443Registered User The Boss

as @shakespam_123 say. When the farm is getting very slow it struggles to save your progress. probably you are low on ram on the computer so it swaps to disk. It might help to go fishing, but often you will get an 'upsedaysy' shortly after if you continue too long with slow responce.

• WClark304WClark304 Cloudylicious Posts: 694Registered User Dedicated Go Getter

Yeah, happened to me yesterday as well, except I wanted to get my barn unstuck so I could superfeed my horses for fert .... Looks like a nice glitch, will try and duplicate it next time I have a whole lot 24 hr crops planted and ready ..... @CarlEddy I have a gaming laptop that has more than enough RAM and wasn't slow, so it wasn't anything to do with saving progress .... might have something to do with Launcher as some of the stuff I had done, like crafting and quests had been saved, only the harvesting of trees and crops hadn't saved .... totally random, definitely going to try and see if I can replicate it

When life gives you lemons, grab the Tequila and salt and have a party.
    Click HERE for support

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Posts: 1,443Registered User The Boss

@WClark304 said:
    Yeah, happened to me yesterday as well, except I wanted to get my barn unstuck so I could superfeed my horses for fert .... Looks like a nice glitch, will try and duplicate it next time I have a whole lot 24 hr crops planted and ready ..... @CarlEddy I have a gaming laptop that has more than enough RAM and wasn't slow, so it wasn't anything to do with saving progress .... might have something to do with Launcher as some of the stuff I had done, like crafting and quests had been saved, only the harvesting of trees and crops hadn't saved .... totally random, definitely going to try and see if I can replicate it

Not a good idea to duplicate ;) , All the progress will bi gone too, and reverted to what it was before.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Posts: 5,941Registered User Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2019

@CarlEddy said:

@WClark304 said:

Not a good idea to duplicate ;) , All the progress will bi gone too, and reverted to what it was before.

The progress is not gone, actually. You get the prized points, the produce, the xp's, the rich produce all over again.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• WClark304WClark304 Cloudylicious Posts: 694Registered User Dedicated Go Getter

@Susy Elizabeth said:
    The progress is not gone, actually. You get the prized points, the produce, the xp's, the rich produce all over again.

Yes, that's what makes it worthwhile trying to replicate it .... amassed some massive points in the fair as I had all 24 hr crops planted as I was levelling up

When life gives you lemons, grab the Tequila and salt and have a party.
    Click HERE for support

• Sonrisa123ASonrisa123A Colossal Titan Slayer Posts: 643Registered User Mazter Guardian
    edited August 2019

Sometimes it's the game server that isn't keeping up because you've been working too fast or trying to do too many things within too short a time.
    I've done that myself and gotten a W-A-D

• doggimsdoggims Cupcake Princesses Posts: 441Registered User Forum Detective

@WClark304 said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:

Yes, that's what makes it worthwhile trying to replicate it .... amassed some massive points in the fair as I had all 24 hr crops planted as I was levelling up

I totally agree. I ended up several positions ahead in the fair because of this...got double value on each harvesting of the crops. However, no "rich produce" here as my Riverside Crafting Shack has NEVER worked. :(

• doggimsdoggims Cupcake Princesses Posts: 441Registered User Forum Detective
    edited September 2019

Would you all believe I managed to do it once again? Yippee!
    Only thing is, I forgot and had planted 6 of my fields to 4 hour crops so used all 30 of my water. When I reloaded, those 4-hour crops were gone and the same 24-hour ripened crops were back. 'Tis ok, not complaining...lol.