Just saying

debbyc62debbyc62 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Loose Cannon

A lot of the quests at the moment are 'winter' related with snow on buildings or little video events with snow but we never seem to have snow on the ground like we used to. I have snow items for pat quests which I can't use as it looks really odd having these snow items on green grass. Is there a reason we don't revert to the 'snow ground' in winter anymore?
Also, for years now I have been hoping for a quest that will provide the farmville kids with winter clothing as a nice change to yet another bench, fence, archway or animal.

Comments

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,269 Genius Genie

WE have had many threads on snow and why we have not had it. Search Snow in the forum.

The snow machine has been broken for a couple years now. If you had the Merryville tree the last 2 years that was the place saw snow there.

Some have suggested pieces of land to buy for coins or something to make it look like snow.

But there will be no snow this year just like back in November or so when many were asking. Yes the video's show snow, probably more appeal to the video showing it on grass or such.

Whether snow will come in November or so of this year?????

But any events that show snow sorry there will be none as in video. As with winter clothing that has been asked for a good few years and that probably will never come either.

• debbyc62debbyc62 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Loose Cannon

Saw the msgs about snow machine not working but after seeing the snow in the Merryville scene assumed it was fixed. So assume you have no intention on fixing it (no mention of trying to fix it) and as for the clothes we are stuck with the boring old fences, benches, archways etc. Have to say, I am so bored of those. Sad because I have enjoyed playing the game but losing interest now as there is nothing new. It is the same old, same old.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,462 The Boss

@debbyc62 - "We" can't fix anything. This is just a forum of players trying to help each other. We have nothing to do with the game developers. They don't respond to anything we post. Sometimes a forum moderator will "pass it along" but nothing about our suggestions. There were dozens of threads about the request for snow this year with reminders that the last time they did that caused numerous flash issues and frozen game play for too many of us. Given that adobe flash isn't working very well during normal game play, looks like Zynga decided not to even try the snow for the past two years.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums

Snow was dumped since a couple of years ago, because it was interfering with game play. It was publicly asserted by Zynga since then. There will be no snow. Hopefully though, they will be able to bring it back when the HTML5 version comes out.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,114 Lord of the Forums

Yep, green grass on my farm, but I still have snow covered pine trees and wearing ear muffs! lol

• lilmagiclilmagic Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 209 Cupcake Princess

I have decided my farm is in Hawaii, and it doesn't snow there. Besides, when we did have snow, I thought it looked bizarre to grow sunflowers and tropical fruit trees with snow all around.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums

@lilmagic said:
    I have decided my farm is in Hawaii, and it doesn't snow there. Besides, when we did have snow, I thought it looked bizarre to grow sunflowers and tropical fruit trees with snow all around.

lol, my farm is in Arizona.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,462 The Boss

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@lilmagic said:

lol, my farm is in Arizona.

Las Vegas here - we rely on well water as well as my farm does.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

Would be cool to be able to really do up our farm, like the land layout. I'm in south texas and I don't have snow either, but I sure miss it from the north....but not that cold they're having now!

• Pepper19Pepper19 Investigator Registered User Posts: 855 Grand Poohbah

@cissi1964 said:
    I think I must be one of the few who is glad there is no snow in the game

Last time we had snow, my mini me spent all her time making snow angels and farming was a nightmare

You are not the only one! It hurt my eyes and I had to tone down my monitor to be able to play the game....however.....I wouldn't mind it if they offered the mud patches in white. A little snowy area I make myself would be nice.

Yeah, I had made the snowy patches suggestion in a topic. But I don't know if they look at those. I did see someone have those on their farm, but they are program codes to decorate and I don't know how to do all of that stuff.

• Dotty56Dotty56 Clueless Cookie Facebook Connect User Posts: 30 Clueless Cookie

Got two interesting issues-1) Ode to a jar of marbles-cannot complete the task because my rabbit burrows have been moved to the animal barn.Is that going to get cleared up? 2) The animal barn upgrade feature is kind of mixed up. I have a level 4 barn, BUT I show having to purchase a level 1 barn to upgrade my animal barn. What is up with that..

Thanks Dotty56

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 4,458 Lord of the Forums

@Dotty56 said:
    Got two interesting issues-1) Ode to a jar of marbles-cannot complete the task because my rabbit burrows have been moved to the animal barn.Is that going to get cleared up? 2) The animal barn upgrade feature is kind of mixed up. I have a level 4 barn, BUT I show having to purchase a level 1 barn to upgrade my animal barn. What is up with that..

Thanks Dotty56

Once you have the animal barn none of the old buildings work any more, they became decor only.So, every old quest, or event, which asks anything at all from old animal buildings, you have to contact support directly, and have them push you through, As this has been the case since the animal barn was released, I don;t believe it is going to be fixed, ever.

Not sure I understand the second question, are you looking at the proper place in your Upgrades tab.? A screen shot of what you see would be useful. As you cannot buy two barns, I think you may be skipping a page, or not yet at the required level to upgrade it to lvl five.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

@Ellemarie said:
    Yeah, I had made the snowy patches suggestion in a topic. But I don't know if they look at those. I did see someone have those on their farm, but they are program codes to decorate and I don't know how to do all of that stuff.

Didn't they have ice patches on Merryville? How hard would it be to make those available to the players too. Kinda rubbing it in our faces a bit with that. Only available to developers and hackers. :/

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,266 Lord of the Forums

@Irena.P said:

@Ellemarie said:

Didn't they have ice patches on Merryville? How hard would it be to make those available to the players too. Kinda rubbing it in our faces a bit with that. Only available to developers and hackers. :/

Yes they did and I remember mentioning it awhile back about why can't we buy them or the other items on Merryville.. That whole scenario was a farce, never again..

• Dotty56Dotty56 Clueless Cookie Facebook Connect User Posts: 30 Clueless Cookie

I have tols support on the Ode to a jar of marbles, but I have screen shots of the level my animal barn is right now and the upgrade pop up showing what levels of barn to purchase. I hope both screen shots were uploaded. If not I can re-upload them.

• Pepper19Pepper19 Investigator Registered User Posts: 855 Grand Poohbah

I don't know anything about the Ode to a jar of Marbles but the 2 pictures you are showing are of 2 different barns. It's confusing.....I know but one of them is the "Animal Barn" and the other is just the "Barn".

The one labeled Barn doesn't really have much to do with the animals. You harvest it once a day and it pops out free stuff.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, as Pepper said, , the barn you don't have is the Red Barn also known as the Mastery Barn or Marie's Barn, it it pretty much a luxury item, it gives out some free stuff once day. Then you have a Level 4 Animal Barn, depending on your level, you will be able to upgrade it to level 5.
    Then we have the PRIZED animal barn, this can also be upgraded to level 5.

• doggimsdoggims Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 441 Forum Detective

@Irena.P said:

@Ellemarie said:

I love the ice patches. I have three of them. I keep them on my farm year 'round, just for the "halibut"! I love sending my lazy farmer slip-slidin' away every now and then! lol