FarmVille 2 X-press Extension

Comments

• iguanamiamaniguanamiaman Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 761 Aged to Perfection

@blissful_star said:
    Hi Farmers. Here's an article from the official site of Chrome which states that they require these explicit permissions, so rest assured that your safety is our priority. The FarmVille 2 X-Press Extension is just our attempt to solve all your flash related issues; however, please feel free to continue with your current practice.

That is not what the article says at all! Users must give permission to require flash every session, yes, no one is arguing that.

It DOES NOT say or mean that you, Zynga, need access to our camera, storage, contacts or other details you are requesting with this extension. If you want access to that which you clearly do for this extension then, yes, chrome makes you get our permission, but they don't make you need that access in the first place, that is what you are being patently dishonest about and why we don't trust you.

• AnimalFarmAnimalFarm Building Expert Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister

@blissful_star said:
    Hi Farmers. Here's an article from the official site of Chrome which states that they require these explicit permissions, so rest assured that your safety is our priority. The FarmVille 2 X-Press Extension is just our attempt to solve all your flash related issues; however, please feel free to continue with your current practice.

Try again.

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 878 Grand Poohbah

@blissful_star said:

With all due respect, I think a few of us have been quite specific with the information we are seeking from Zynga, regarding the access the extension needs and for why. Having assumed you mods were a sort of link between us players and Zynga, could you forward the request on. Assuming you have, then apologies as I think you're being misled as much as we are.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:

@blissful_star said:

With all due respect, I think a few of us have been quite specific with the information we are seeking from Zynga, regarding the access the extension needs and for why. Having assumed you mods were a sort of link between us players and Zynga, could you forward the request on. Assuming you have, then apologies as I think you're being misled as much as we are.

In my opinion, we have been misled many times. For this reason, we are VERY cautious, about anything Zynga chooses to send our way.

@Colleen Murphy said:

@nige1875 said:

@blissful_star said:

In my opinion, we have been misled many times. For this reason, we are VERY cautious, about anything Zynga chooses to send our way.

Very true Colleen and many of us are wise to it now. I just think some newer players may be drawn in by the 'hard sell' and that these extensions are some sort of 'must have' to improve the game. I just want a bit of honesty and clarity, but not naive enough to expect it lol.
    The "misled" was more that when the mods 'relay our concerns to the team' or whatever the often used phrase is, they may be just being fed what Zynga wants us to believe, back to us.

• Jewels99Jewels99 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,030 Pet Queen

Yes the fear is the newer players that are not in tune with way Z works. Myself after all the other games have played and fact we got run around with those too. Mods have changed around the forum and all too and still like to tell their truths and not the whole truth.

Almost wonder what will be shoved at us next or such.

Not sure if they're going to start pushing this again, but saw a post about it on the game's FB page - "Your farm will face some Flash pop-up issues in the forthcoming days" and X-Press of course is the magical solution! Really Zynga? We know it's available, just let us decide if we want it or not.

• Mom24Mom24 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 350 The One Who Knows it All

Before installing the X-Press plug-in I would see a notice telling me Flash was blocked. The fix was to click to the hyperlink "Run flash this time". When I open the game through the extension I still get that message. Does X-Press take care of this, or do I STILL need to click that every time??? I installed X-Press thinking I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of allowing flash to run each time i play ... thank you for your reply

@Mom24 said:
    Before installing the X-Press plug-in I would see a notice telling me Flash was blocked. The fix was to click to the hyperlink "Run flash this time". When I open the game through the extension I still get that message. Does X-Press take care of this, or do I STILL need to click that every time??? I installed X-Press thinking I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of allowing flash to run each time i play ... thank you for your reply

X-Press will automatically load Flash when you open the game. It's only because the new Chrome version stops remembering your Flash settings. There has always been a message saying Flash is blocked, don't know why they phrase it like that, but think it's just related to the fact you are using Flash on that page.
    If the game is loading fine, then just ignore it.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:

@Colleen Murphy said:

@nige1875 said:

@blissful_star said:

Very true Colleen and many of us are wise to it now. I just think some newer players may be drawn in by the 'hard sell' and that these extensions are some sort of 'must have' to improve the game. I just want a bit of honesty and clarity, but not naive enough to expect it lol.
    The "misled" was more that when the mods 'relay our concerns to the team' or whatever the often used phrase is, they may be just being fed what Zynga wants us to believe, back to us.

I agree with you. I see a real disconnect between Zynga and honesty and clarity.
    They have ruined a cute little time waster.Many a games have had this happen. When I look for a game, I wanted something I could play in just a little time, I did not want another job, I had one.I was not looking to spend my pay check on fbs, to pass the unreachable goals they have set before us.I found once you spend the almighty buck, the next event, calls for even more bucks.Then I found myself in a visious circle , so I quit spending fbs. I am still being , what I feel is punishment, because I spent a few.This will be my last week as a vip member, will I miss it ? Probably, but I will work through it, or stop playing.Right now the only thing that keeps me playing is my great co-op.If ever they take that away, players will be running to another game.

• peacepeace Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 576 Goldsmith

@Jannicke Jorgensen said:
    I DON'T want to download that add on to chrome. Why can't I x-out that stupid page?! I have to refresh the tab to make it go away. And then it comes back in an hour or so. I'm so sick and tired of it, i don't want to be forced to download a stupid add on! If I have an issue with flash, I will fix it myself.

I see now others has problems with it too. But that's not my problem, I just don't want to downlaod it at all.

If you are going to play on chrome that is the only way you will be able to play..It will not work without it

• lzpuplzpup Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Adding this extention has caused me to lose Farmville buddy, Why does that happen?

@lzpup said:
    Adding this extention has caused me to lose Farmville buddy, Why does that happen?

X-Press has 'buddy' within it, so you can still use it. I guess they saw it as a replacement. If you still want to use the original buddy, remove X-Press and have a look if it's still available in the Chrome Web Store and install again. It was there several weeks ago, but haven't looked recently.
    It will just mean you have to manually enable Flash in Chrome each time you open FV2, but that's not a big deal.
    Firefox will take the same stance with Flash at some point next year as well, so unless Zynga bring something out for that too, it's just going to be something to get used to.

• smilysmily Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

hello friends, ii need some help, i cannot purchase DUCK STORAGE BUILDING, but i have a task which is asking me to harvest DUCK STORAGE BUILDING two times ... please help me in this, because i am not seeing this building in store

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,227 Lord of the Forums

smily

For a start please don't just pick a thread at random and totally take it off track of what topic is about

In future search on topic of your issue or start a thread of own in Ask a Player if have a general question

What you need is Ducks on your farm or a duck on your farm. I can't remember if prized or adult ducks are needed. If prized then pull a duck out of pasture perhaps that is prized and place on farm and refresh page till duck house pops or maybe in store area or such

• Vicky GalVicky Gal Investigator Registered User Posts: 1,090 Pet Queen

The DUCK STORAGE BUILDING is probably in your inventory and will need to be built.

B)

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,780 The Chosen One

well since the extension wether u have it or not via google it messes up your postings most of the time u cant see your postings so if u want to put them into the temporary feeds u cant cause there is nothing there so a game that was enjoyable n people were able to complete most of the missios is now being dragged out n if they r timed missions then u more than likely wont complete it/them especialy as they also seem to give a certain lvl a certain thing then u finally meet that lvl n none of the posts r around so u try to get help via the temporary feed but cant so u never get it completed yet zynga wont sort this proplem out n its been ever since the new extension so come on ZYNGA get your act together n help those that r trying to contiue to play the game but r not really getting anywhere

ADD ME: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73133723379?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    DAILY PLAYER WHO HELPS WITH ANY HELP REQUESTS SENT

• motherearth56motherearth56 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

How do you uninstall FV2 launcher?

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2019

If you downloaded the new version just go to your control panel and in programs area find farmville 2 launcher and uninstall

This discussion has been closed.