Is no one doing the Painting thing?

2»

Comments

  • KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,615 Lord of the Forums

    @Pepper19 said:

    @KJustice said:
    I don't have it on my main farm and hope I don't get it.. I am thinking many are opting out of it because of last time..

    Can you opt out? I thought it was a permanent feature until you complete it...like the birds and others.

    When I say I am opting out it means I'm not doing it.. The last one we had, after awhile of not bothering with it, we were able to finally store it in inventory unfinished.. That's where my old one is.

  • newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,699 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2018

    @KJustice said:

    @Pepper19 said:

    @KJustice said:
    I don't have it on my main farm and hope I don't get it.. I am thinking many are opting out of it because of last time..

    Can you opt out? I thought it was a permanent feature until you complete it...like the birds and others.

    When I say I am opting out it means I'm not doing it.. The last one we had, after awhile of not bothering with it, we were able to finally store it in inventory unfinished.. That's where my old one is.

    Same here. I started to old one weeks after everyone was already done with it and got bored and frustrated with it, so when I could finally put it in my inventory, that's exactly where it went. I'm not going to do this one either. To much hassle and there's already to much going on on our farms anyway. I've even stopped doing the horse races because I could never get enough trophies in a week to advance. What's the sense in doing it then?

  • Pepper19Pepper19 Investigator Registered User Posts: 855 Grand Poohbah

    @newmanmira said:
    I've even stopped doing the horse races because I could never get enough trophies in a week to advance.

    First thank you both for answering about the opt out. I'm working on it but if it gets too much harder then I may stop working on it as well.

    As for the Derby, the weekly goals are just a bonus to work for. I've only made the weekly bonus twice but I'm advancing just fine without it. Don't worry about the weekly bonus, just work on the six races that come every 4, 8 or 10 hours and the challenge races if you have a couple of horses that you can retire.

    At least that's been my strategy and so far it's working pretty good.

  • newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,699 Lord of the Forums

    @Pepper19 said:

    @newmanmira said:
    I've even stopped doing the horse races because I could never get enough trophies in a week to advance.

    First thank you both for answering about the opt out. I'm working on it but if it gets too much harder then I may stop working on it as well.

    As for the Derby, the weekly goals are just a bonus to work for. I've only made the weekly bonus twice but I'm advancing just fine without it. Don't worry about the weekly bonus, just work on the six races that come every 4, 8 or 10 hours and the challenge races if you have a couple of horses that you can retire.

    At least that's been my strategy and so far it's working pretty good.

    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm still not going to do it. I'm tired of it. It's just not fun anymore for me. It was a cute idea at first but as usual Z decides to screw it up and zap the fun right out of out. I've got plenty to do on my farm than worry about horse races.

  • peacepeace Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 576 Goldsmith

    @Susy Elizabeth said:
    I don't see any posts for the post items in the feed, or even in our temp feed.
    @Susy Elizabeth said:
    I don't see any posts for the post items in the feed, or even in our temp feed.

    I didn't realize it started..I got the board a bit ago so I was ignoring it..THanks for the posting this lol .

  • markrossmarkross Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 18 Muffin

    Grab my coupla feed posts on TEMP FEEDS

  • EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,475 Lord of the Forums

    It is odd though, even now this is open, I'm not seeing a whole bunch of items in the feed. Especially items for upgrades; oil paint palettes, wooden easels, etc. I do see some art paper and art supplies, but that's been it.

  • shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,396 Lord of the Forums

    Not really doing it as I'm trying to get back to state fair and to do this I am trying not to fertilise unless really needed. So doing little bits to keep me down at 6th place. Last time they had it I was lucky to get two panels on each canvas and that was hammering it.

  • TinsywinsyTinsywinsy Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 82 Black Sheep of ze Internet

    This is awful, just awful. There is nothing good about this quest. 2x fertilizer is no big deal, 2x fuel would be nice but not for all this pain in the neck. The worst part is that if you plant/harvest too many of the special crops, it doesn't fill a second paint jar. It just disappears. It's ridiculous.

  • donkz73donkz73 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 248 Gabby Enthusiast

    Didn't do this first one and not doing this one. Hoping we get a store option like last time.

  • doggimsdoggims Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 456 Colossal Titan Slayer

    I'm thinking I'm not going to bother with this one. I left the last one until everyone else was finished with it. I had become sick and tired of seeing that old brown billboard sitting on my farm (couldn't store it or sell it) so I went ahead and finished it, but it was so time consuming.
    I have one panel on this new one done, but now they want 28 x6 = 168 water to upgrade the paint, then multiply that times 3. It just seems like so much effort for a stupid statue that I probably would store anyway. I call this quest a dud.

  • GlendaTGlendaT Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 522 Enthusiastic Expert

    I'm doing it and rather enjoying it. Some items are rare in post listings, but believe its because they are for the later colors (green, purple) and not many have made it that far yet.

  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New to the Forums

    Appreciate that you're discussing the aspects of the new Grand Restoration feature, Farmers. I'll be sharing these with the team. Thank you.

  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums
Sign In or Register to comment.