Time to start calling them out

24

Comments

  • AnimalFarmAnimalFarm Building Expert Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister

    @KJustice said:

    We are not talking about people who spend lots of money to play the game, that's on them and their bank acct. It doesn't harm me "personally" but the playing field is compromised by cheaters.. Do you agree people should cheat their way in life also? This is no different.

    It is different, farmville is a game.
    I never said people should cheat, and I don't think people should cheat in real life, but they do, and it causes a lot of harm.

  • KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,606 Lord of the Forums

    @AnimalFarm said:

    @KJustice said:

    We are not talking about people who spend lots of money to play the game, that's on them and their bank acct. It doesn't harm me "personally" but the playing field is compromised by cheaters.. Do you agree people should cheat their way in life also? This is no different.

    It is different, farmville is a game.
    I never said people should cheat, and I don't think people should cheat in real life, but they do, and it causes a lot of harm.

    Yes it is a game and like I said the playing field is compromised by cheaters and Z is lax about doing anything about it.. You don't have this problem playing World of Warcraft, they get rid of cheaters pronto! It's all about fairness and you have no problem with someone with 10 water towers and probably a few fertilizer bins.

  • Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,365 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2018

    As I've mentioned many times before, going after cheaters is a game of whack-a-mole, whatever is encoded within the game, cheaters will always find ways to get around it. Plus, this is not a priority for Zynga, although they try to tamp it down a little. They have a hard enough time trying to make things work. For your own sakes and sanity, just play your own farm, who cares what other people do.

    _ Shut up and do it._ :)

  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

    Would like nothing more to play my own farm, but when you can not progress what is the point ?

  • WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

    I agree. I don't have time to police every little thing with these games. Move on from them. I don't go to every neighbors farms anymore to see what they have or don't have and more.

    I play my game as I wish. We shouldn't be policing every little thing

    but guess are some that just can't move on and just play THEIR game and not worry about the next person who has 20 water towers/windmills or whatever

    This as said is a private issue and more and if you don't like the people take it to support.

  • Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,365 Lord of the Forums

    @Colleen Murphy said:
    Would like nothing more to play my own farm, but when you can not progress what is the point ?

    Colleen, are you referring to the Fair? If so, just let them win, and eventually you'll be in a cart that's compatible to your play level. Speaking for myself, I have never ever had a cheater in my cart - I don't buy shovels except for the gold one for coins because it's prettier than the old wooden bucket. Other than that, I play and let play, I don't try to compete (unless I'm in a naughty mood and want to upset someone above me) and always have people who play like me in my cart.

    _ Shut up and do it._ :)

  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

    @WitchieWiz4023 said:
    I agree. I don't have time to police every little thing with these games. Move on from them. I don't go to every neighbors farms anymore to see what they have or don't have and more.

    I play my game as I wish. We shouldn't be policing every little thing

    but guess are some that just can't move on and just play THEIR game and not worry about the next person who has 20 water towers/windmills or whatever

    This as said is a private issue and more and if you don't like the people take it to support.

    If you would have bothered to read the posts before you, you would have read I did take it to support ! I do play my game, as it should be played. I was returning a visit when I ran into this.I am not policing any thing, or anybody.
    You know. I sure do not like your tone, as in the caps.

  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

    @Susy Elizabeth said:

    @Colleen Murphy said:
    Would like nothing more to play my own farm, but when you can not progress what is the point ?

    Colleen, are you referring to the Fair? If so, just let them win, and eventually you'll be in a cart that's compatible to your play level. Speaking for myself, I have never ever had a cheater in my cart - I don't buy shovels except for the gold one for coins because it's prettier than the old wooden bucket. Other than that, I play and let play, I don't try to compete (unless I'm in a naughty mood and want to upset someone above me) and always have people who play like me in my cart.

    I have been stuck in the same fair league for weeks and weeks, I have had -1 players for weeks ! I don't use a shovel very often.I have lots in inventory, there they will stay. The millions of xp I need for the next level, is in the millions, people do not visit, instead they cheat with water towers and whatever.Just sick of the whole thing . I did write again to support, asking why this is happening. I find myself playing less and less everyday, some days I don't even want to get on. It is sad, I will miss my farm, and my friends, but is it really worth the frustration ?

  • Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,365 Lord of the Forums

    @Colleen Murphy said:

    @Susy Elizabeth said:

    @Colleen Murphy said:
    Would like nothing more to play my own farm, but when you can not progress what is the point ?

    Colleen, are you referring to the Fair? If so, just let them win, and eventually you'll be in a cart that's compatible to your play level. Speaking for myself, I have never ever had a cheater in my cart - I don't buy shovels except for the gold one for coins because it's prettier than the old wooden bucket. Other than that, I play and let play, I don't try to compete (unless I'm in a naughty mood and want to upset someone above me) and always have people who play like me in my cart.

    I have been stuck in the same fair league for weeks and weeks, I have had -1 players for weeks ! I don't use a shovel very often.I have lots in inventory, there they will stay. The millions of xp I need for the next level, is in the millions, people do not visit, instead they cheat with water towers and whatever.Just sick of the whole thing . I did write again to support, asking why this is happening. I find myself playing less and less everyday, some days I don't even want to get on. It is sad, I will miss my farm, and my friends, but is it really worth the frustration ?

    I am so sorry to hear that, Colleen. I don't know what to say. It's the way the game is set up, and it is sad when they don't listen or hear what players are saying.

    _ Shut up and do it._ :)

  • farmerkatefarmerkate Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert

    @Aussiegilz said:
    A reminder that shaming is against the forum rules - bring your issues up with support. As far as cheaters - this isn't a competition - even the fair is not a real competition - it's made up baloney to get people to spend money - there really isn't any need for a "level playing field" "advantage" or any of that other non sense - they aren't taking anything away from you so just play your game. For perspective - there are a good many people on this forum that are glitching extra fields on their farms and other advantages and if they could do water towers too they'd be doing that too - and yall are fine with that or maybe it's ok because they are your friends - or whatever - who cares - just farm.

    "Who cares"
    I love watching people pretend to be honest.

  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2018
  • Super LauraSuper Laura Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 198 Fisherman

    I'm with you Colleen, I really don't like to see cheaters, in any context.

    If you cannot 'win' without cheating then you don't deserve the win. And if you do win by cheating, that doesn't make you a winner in my book, it makes you a loser :D

    I also resent the fact that my little low level friends work so hard on their farm, work hard to be competitive in the fair with so little, and (perhaps) along comes some cheating jerk to take a win off them that they earned honestly and fairly.

    I 'report' them to support when I see them, and ask that they are removed, but I also hide from my neighbours in case Support doesn't act, so I don't have to see their ugly, cheating mugs on my game.

    @farmerkate said:

    @Aussiegilz said:
    A reminder that shaming is against the forum rules - bring your issues up with support. As far as cheaters - this isn't a competition - even the fair is not a real competition - it's made up baloney to get people to spend money - there really isn't any need for a "level playing field" "advantage" or any of that other non sense - they aren't taking anything away from you so just play your game. For perspective - there are a good many people on this forum that are glitching extra fields on their farms and other advantages and if they could do water towers too they'd be doing that too - and yall are fine with that or maybe it's ok because they are your friends - or whatever - who cares - just farm.

    "Who cares"
    I love watching people pretend to be honest.

    Really? You mustn't have much to do with your time then.

  • Super LauraSuper Laura Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 198 Fisherman

    I'm with you Colleen, I really don't like to see cheaters, in any context.

    If you cannot 'win' without cheating then you don't deserve the win. And if you do win by cheating, that doesn't make you a winner in my book, it makes you a loser :D

    I also resent the fact that my little low level friends work so hard on their farm, work hard to be competitive in the fair with so little, and (perhaps) along comes some cheating jerk to take a win off them that they earned honestly and fairly.

    I 'report' them to support when I see them, and ask that they are removed, but I also hide from my neighbours in case Support doesn't act, so I don't have to see their ugly, cheating mugs on my game.

    @farmerkate said:

    @Aussiegilz said:
    A reminder that shaming is against the forum rules - bring your issues up with support. As far as cheaters - this isn't a competition - even the fair is not a real competition - it's made up baloney to get people to spend money - there really isn't any need for a "level playing field" "advantage" or any of that other non sense - they aren't taking anything away from you so just play your game. For perspective - there are a good many people on this forum that are glitching extra fields on their farms and other advantages and if they could do water towers too they'd be doing that too - and yall are fine with that or maybe it's ok because they are your friends - or whatever - who cares - just farm.

    "Who cares"
    I love watching people pretend to be honest.

    Really? Mustn't have much to do with your time then.

  • reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,004 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2018

    A few thoughts:

    The cheaters don't contribute money to the game and Zynga doesn't make $$$$ off of them. They cheat and steal what they have, not pay.

    Since the National Fair started (and prior in other Fairs), I work very hard to advance. I get to the Elite Fair and the same 4/5 players crop up against me and I start my plunge downward. It is frustrating, but not worth anything else.

    I do wish I were on equal ground with people who don't cheat. I don't mind losing legitimately.

    Lastly, over half my farm was stolen. LE animals, decorations, etc. CS claims to be working on replacing the things, but it's been 6 months and still, nothing. It happens to people who land on "cheater farms" and that DOES impact honest players.

  • farmerkatefarmerkate Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert

    @Colleen Murphy said:
    give us back the ignore button

    Sure, sure.
    As long as you don't see it then it doesn't exist?
    As long as you ignore it then it will go away?
    Surprised that so many here want to give lectures about how horrible cheating is and how it ruins the game but in the long run, others are complicit and/or teachers.
    It is laughable.

  • KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,606 Lord of the Forums

    I get a whiff of disdain in this thread and it's sad..

  • Super LauraSuper Laura Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 198 Fisherman
    edited February 2018

    @farmerkate said:

    @Colleen Murphy said:
    give us back the ignore button

    Sure, sure.
    As long as you don't see it then it doesn't exist?
    As long as you ignore it then it will go away?
    Surprised that so many here want to give lectures about how horrible cheating is and how it ruins the game but in the long run, others are complicit and/or teachers.
    It is laughable.

    Pretty sure she just wants to use it against annoying and ignorant people on the forums, you know, the ones who contribute nothing to the subject, just want to start trouble and/or seek some attention.. You know the type I mean, right?

  • Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,667 Lord of the Forums

    @KJustice said:
    I get a whiff of disdain in this thread and it's sad..

    This kind of topic always has that effect. If anyone dares to put forward a slightly different perspective, that doesn't reflect the outrage of the Opening Post against cheaters, the outrage instantly is turned on them.

    There is a sort of set in stone unwritten code of the "You are either with us or you are against us, share our outrage or you support cheaters" mentality.

    I understand the frustration that cheaters can have on players, but, I dont understand the need to to well in the Fair,, it is just not worth any effort at all IMO. I dont see FV2 as a competitive game. it doesn't need to be. Competition was introduced as a way for Zynga to rake in much needed cash, It isnt real, they discovered a way to manipulate cheater so they could make a profit out of them, Once you have learned this nasty little fact, just let it go... inform those who come after you, also upset by the cheaters, its the most anyone can do.

    "Ducks and awaits the virtual stoning"

    SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

  • WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

    I agree here that TOO MANY are making this game a competition when it is not. We always say not too. We have had many Cheater threads and more.

    Myself I am all the way back to the County Fair as just not focusing on it. I have not had way high ones against me in a bit but I usually just make my quota if farming or doing something else of points.

    I got bored with the fair and really getting up to National didn't even matter.

    I play MY GAME as I WISH. Not as Zynga wants me to and do everything and spend spend spend. Sorry hanging on to my Money and more.

    Too much policing on the game and other things is a stressor and i just want to play the game. I am lucky if visit neighbors unless a mission calls for it.

    With fact have seen too much with other Zynga games over the years and how they have gone and more I am not putting a big effort anymore into this game.

  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

    @Colleen Murphy said:

    @WitchieWiz4023 said:
    I agree. I don't have time to police every little thing with these games. Move on from them. I don't go to every neighbors farms anymore to see what they have or don't have and more.

    I play my game as I wish. We shouldn't be policing every little thing

    but guess are some that just can't move on and just play THEIR game and not worry about the next person who has 20 water towers/windmills or whatever

    This as said is a private issue and more and if you don't like the people take it to support.

    If you would have bothered to read the posts before you, you would have read I did take it to support ! I do play my game, as it should be played. I was returning a visit when I ran into this.I am not policing any thing, or anybody.
    You know. I sure do not like your tone, as in the caps.

    Witchie , do you read the post before you ?> @WitchieWiz4023 said:

    I agree here that TOO MANY are making this game a competition when it is not. We always say not too. We have had many Cheater threads and more.

    Myself I am all the way back to the County Fair as just not focusing on it. I have not had way high ones against me in a bit but I usually just make my quota if farming or doing something else of points.

    I got bored with the fair and really getting up to National didn't even matter.

    I play MY GAME as I WISH. Not as Zynga wants me to and do everything and spend spend spend. Sorry hanging on to my Money and more.

    Too much policing on the game and other things is a stressor and i just want to play the game. I am lucky if visit neighbors unless a mission calls for it.

    With fact have seen too much with other Zynga games over the years and how they have gone and more I am not putting a big effort anymore into this game.

    Do you know that words in caps are yelling or angry ?

Sign In or Register to comment.