Inventory Out of Order!

MoonbeatMoonbeat This Space Is AvailableRegistered User Posts: 66 Captain Obvious

Inventory is not showing up in order of quantity greatest to least. This has happened before and they fixed it so hopefully they will again soon!

Please fix this one Zynga. It's hard to tell what your running out of when it's out of order!!

Comments

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2018

Yes, I noticed this yesterday. I decided to wait patiently b/c last time inventory got messed up, they fixed it. But I guess not enough people are experiencing the issue or complaining about it. Maybe we ought to report it? Not sure. But it's still messed up today. I can't even figure out how it's sorting...it's not alphabetical, certainly not by amount (which is how it's supposed to sort). It seems totally random. And it's very annoying.

• MoonbeatMoonbeat This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 66 Captain Obvious
  • TerriDeMarcoTerriDeMarco Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

I'm waiting patiently too....please fix the inventory order ...can't find out what needs growing! thanks.

• TomSawyerTomSawyer Super Moderator Posts: 113 Moderator

In order to stabilize the feature and avoid technical issues, Studio designed that only the 10 first pages of the Inventory will be sorted by quantity. Please utilize the search function to easily find the items that you are looking for. Thank you for your understanding, Farmers.

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2018

Oh c r a p, this was by design? How ridiculous! I have to come out of fullscreen to even use the search. That is not "easy."

• MoonbeatMoonbeat This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 66 Captain Obvious

That's ridiculous. Now there's NO easy way to see what your lowest in to plant. If you keep an inventory of all the crops (who doesn't?) that's easily 14 pages, and that's just the land crops. Add on trees and water plants and it goes past 20.

There has GOT to be a better solution for keeping track of inventory!!!

I'm very close to being done with this game.

At the very least, add a new tab for just crops!

• cmf2205cmf2205 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,952 Lord of the Forums

@Moonbeat Go to your crop dryer. That's what I always do. Inventory takes too long. Too much oddball stuff. The only place inventory is easy for looking at what you need to plant is the GF under the ingredient tab.

I mentioned it to my husband, and he said they probably broke something in the code, don't want to work to fix it, so they're calling it by design. :D

@cmf2205 How would the crop dryer help? And, not sure what GF is. :)

@thousandays Your husband is probably correct.

• cmf2205cmf2205 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,952 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2018

@Moonbeat said:
    @cmf2205 How would the crop dryer help? And, not sure what GF is. :)

@thousandays Your husband is probably correct.

So sorry - I meant feed mill. Oh my gosh it's been a long day.
    You said you wanted to know what you were low on to plant. I always look at my feed mill to see what I have the least of. Crop dryer, feed mill - they look a little the same :| The Gf is the gourmet farm.

@cmf2205

Oh ok gotcha. Yes, I see what you mean about the feed mill. The only problem is they are listed in order by how much feed they make, so it still makes figuring out what you need to plant a bit difficult although it might turn out to be the only option now that Zynga has screwed the pooch yet again.

Oh wait, there's still that other option of not playing anymore!

I had thought about the feed mill and will probably have to use it for my purposes. But it doesn't show things that can't be made into feed, like wood, mushrooms, pearls, metals, fish, etc. I have like 61 pages of crop tab inventory. For them to "change" it to only sort the first 10 pages is asinine. I maintain they broke something again and don't feel like fixing it.

@thousandays what they should've done first, if inventory was beginning to get cumbersome, was eliminate all of the old crafting items. How many things do I still have hanging around from events YEARS ago that are just there taking of bits and bytes of storage. That thought occurred to me a long time ago but so did Y2K before it became a big issue. I bet you'd lose a bunch of pages in your inventory if they deleted obsolete items. I mean really, what is the purpose of them being around if they don't use them again in future quests? A walk down memory lane?

I know! You're so right. Now that the inventory is all random, I'm seeing like 4 of this, 6 of that, 12 of those...all posted items from quests long past. No way to sell or get rid of them. Certainly clutters up my ingredients tab.

What I don't understand is why more people haven't spoken out about this. The last time we had an inventory screw up it was all over the bug forums. Makes me think they only did it to a select group of servers to gauge the reaction.

No idea.

However: Reaction - "This sucks!"

I honestly hadn't noticed except that the first page looked a bit different than normal. I usually only go to inventory for something specific so I use the search. As I said before, the only time I use the inventory to decide what to plant is on the GF and that's really because there are so few things there. The other thing that's easy to do on that side is click on 'can craft' and page backwards to what comes up yellow instead of green. The feed mill doesn't show wood but most of the other tree goods are there and all of the crops so I guess that's why it's been my 'go to' tool. I know how much wood I have all the time because of making fertilizer rakes. Ginko wood is the only thing off the top of my head that I can't see with those two. I'm also only at level 190. The things above that I can't comment on.

edited January 2018

I used the ingredients tab to see what I'm low on. I can scroll to the page that has the threshold I like to keep and see everything that's under it. And inventory remembers what page I'm on if I close out. The feed mill does not remember; it starts over at the first page again when I re-open. And it doesn't show pearls or mushrooms or fish. And it's sorted by feed amount, not by amount of that crop I have, so it's also not ideal.

Search is not ideal because I play in fullscreen. Not sure why I have to come out of fullscreen to search, but it is what it is.

I mean, I have to live with it. Z is not going to fix it. But it irritates me because it used to work just fine. Why change it?

This might jinx it...but my inventory is back to how it was. The ingredients tab is sorting by amount regardless of how many pages I have. Hooray for miracles!