While the feed is hot..

13»

Comments

• sayyadina67sayyadina67 Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,248 Genius Genie

As the person who "hijacked" the thread, that was not exactly true. The OP posted about filling up the feed and maybe we could each look at what we were contributing to the feed, so that it would not get clogged. My point concerning the "post all" feature was that it can be somewhat detrimental on Tuesdays when people are looking for quest items which results in a similar situation of clogging the feed and pushing items completely off of the feed before anyone can click on them. That's all. Which to me, was on topic.

_Fear is the mind killer..it is the little death that brings obliteration..I will face my fear..only I will remain.__

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@sayyadina67 said:
    As the person who "hijacked" the thread, that was not exactly true. The OP posted about filling up the feed and maybe we could each look at what we were contributing to the feed, so that it would not get clogged. My point concerning the "post all" feature was that it can be somewhat detrimental on Tuesdays when people are looking for quest items which results in a similar situation of clogging the feed and pushing items completely off of the feed before anyone can click on them. That's all. Which to me, was on topic.

It is on topic, guess everyone but op was wrong.

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,695 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2017

I have found that on Tuesday's I have better luck getting what I need for the quest off the 'Everybody' feed than I do on the zfriend feed specifically because when that feed updates, it rolls very quickly and by the time you find the post you need, all the clicks are gone, I also use the Temp feed here in this forum to get items I may need.

• matantisimatantisi Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,789 The Chosen One

@newmanmira said:

@Aussiegilz said:

@newmanmira said:
    Some of the stuff that gets posted that someone might think is 'rubbish' is actually posted by Zynga. Especially when you blue ribbon and animal or crop. There's no way to stop those at all.

Um yeah there is.

Altruistic intention aside - really the only way to "help newbies" is if you are another newbie posting the stuff they need - the stuff high level players no longer have access and when it does get posted is often flooded off the feeds quickly by the aforementioned "rubbish" ;) - otherwise what they need from high level players is clicks on their posts, return their requests for baby bottles and helpers and whatnot immediately and visits - that is how you help a newbie.

I was specifically talking about the fertilizer and water ones from when you blue ribbon an animal or crop or do your top 8 neighbor visits(that's all I do these days. Don't have time to do more).

And I believe those are exactly the posts the OP was complaining about. Those plainly help newbies more than advanced players.

Add Me
    I clear my request inbox at least once a day (except for baby bottles).

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,695 Lord of the Forums

@matantisi said:

@newmanmira said:

@Aussiegilz said:

@newmanmira said:
    Some of the stuff that gets posted that someone might think is 'rubbish' is actually posted by Zynga. Especially when you blue ribbon and animal or crop. There's no way to stop those at all.

Um yeah there is.

Altruistic intention aside - really the only way to "help newbies" is if you are another newbie posting the stuff they need - the stuff high level players no longer have access and when it does get posted is often flooded off the feeds quickly by the aforementioned "rubbish" ;) - otherwise what they need from high level players is clicks on their posts, return their requests for baby bottles and helpers and whatnot immediately and visits - that is how you help a newbie.

I was specifically talking about the fertilizer and water ones from when you blue ribbon an animal or crop or do your top 8 neighbor visits(that's all I do these days. Don't have time to do more).

And I believe those are exactly the posts the OP was complaining about. Those plainly help newbies more than advanced players.

The fert and water from the crops is controlled by Zynga so there's really nothing we can do about those. I don't understand why someone would get upset over extra water and fert, even if someone doesn't click on it, at least it's there, even if it's only 5 clicks each, those 5 clicks could mean a difference if your going to level up or just go to bed at night. Whatever...I'm not going to get involved in this. I'm just going to do what I'm going to do and if someone gets irked about it, to bad.

• Super LauraSuper Laura Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 198 Fisherman
    edited December 2017

When I was a new player, I desperately wanted the Polish Silver Laced Chicken from the Hen House, but I just could not get the Ultra Rare egg to earn it. So I started clicking on posts to try and get it. I clicked sooooo many common ones, (those clicks are valuable, especially to a new player darn it, and here I was wasting them on 'common' items that I already had) was starting to think you couldn't get one that way when finally, someone shared an Ultra Rare one.

I don't know who you are but nearly 6 years later I'm still grateful, I remember I was so darn happy lol, thank you! You helped me get me my very first Polish Laced Silver Chicken, bless you!

I didn't want water, bottles or fert from the feed very often, I could ask friends for those any time. What I wanted from the feed was items I couldn't ask friends for, like that last Egg!!!

That's why I don't share common eggs, yoghurt or yarn, I also dont share waters, fert and bottles often because I don't want to spam someone's request for Rustic Farm Tools or a River Rake or whatever off the page, I also don't want to spam my own requests for items off the page haha.

However please feel free to continue purposely misinterpreting 'Share, just don't spam it' and making derogatory comments about OP based on that intentional misinterpretation, it seems some people are really enjoying it.

edited December 2017

When I was a new player I desperately wanted the Polish Silver Laced Chicken from the Hen House. I just could not get the Ultra Rare egg on my own so I started clicking on posts for it. I got sooo many common ones (and those clicks are precious darn it, especially to a new player, why would you do that :[ ). I started to think you couldn't get one that way when finally, someone shared an Ultra Rare one!

I was SO happy hahaha. It's almost 6 years later but I still remember that person and that click with gratitude and fond admiration lol. You helped me get my very first Polish Silver Laced Chicken, thank you!

I didn't want water, fert or baby bottles from the feed very often,** I could ask friends for those anytime. What I wanted SO much from the feed was the items I couldn't ask friends for**.. Like that last egg!!!!!

That is why I don't share common items, nor do I share a lot of water, fert or bottles. I try not to spam someones request for Rustic Farm Tools or a Water Rake or whatever off the feed, compared to water, fert and baby bottles that stuff is hard to get. I also don't want to spam my own requests for items off the feed haha.

However please feel free to continue purposefully misinterpreting 'Share, just don't spam it', and then making derogatory comments about OP based on that intentional misinterpretation, some of you seem to be really enjoying it.

edited December 2017

When I was a new player I desperately wanted the Polish Silver Laced Chicken from the Hen House.. Surely my farm would grow much quicker if I could just make those red egg recipes. I just could not get the Ultra Rare egg on my own. So I started clicking on the posts to see if I could get one there.

I got soooo many common ones, they were so disappointing (each click was precious to noobie me then too, darn it, why would you do that :'( ). Needless to say I wasted a lot of clicks on common items I already had. Until finally, someone shared an Ultra Rare egg.

Nearly 6 years later I still remember that person and that click with fond gratitude, I was SO happy lol. You helped me earn my very first Polish Silver Laced Chicken, thank you <3

I didn't need water, fert or bottles from the feed, I could ask friends for those anytime. What I really wanted from the feed was items I couldn't ask my friends for.. Like the elusive Ultra Rare egg!!!!

This is why I don't share common eggs, yoghurts or yarn, and I don't share a lot of water fert or bottles either, I don't want to push someone's Ultra Rare egg off the feed haha. I also don't want to push my own item requests of the feed either! B)

My friends can ask me (and in fact their whole friends list) for water, fert and bottles anytime, I answer every request I see. I'll save some space on the feed for those Rustic Farm Tools, the Water Rakes.. and the Ultra Rare eggs!!! Compared to water, fert and BB these items are really hard to get and its more likely to me that these are the items new players want on the feed, not things you can ask your friends for at any time.

Having said all that, please feel free to continue purposefully misinterpreting 'Share, just don't spam it', and posting derogatory remarks about OP based on that intentional mistinterpretation, some of you seem to be really enjoying it. Me, I suddenly feel like reading Lord of the Flies again so.. Happy Farming all :]

• FrizzieFrizzie Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 348 The One Who Knows it All

Although i hate seeing the friendsfeed getting spammed with walters posts, especially on a new quest day, I do think the majority of players are thankful to see those items in the feed. Sure you can ask for water, fert, bottles, but in my experience when i suddenly need alot of bottles i can depend on the feed to have those bottles. On feed i can get like 15 bottles in no time. Not all friends are in your timezone, so waiting for a bottle to show up in your inbox can take some time. I agree on not posting common items like yoghurt, eggs etc. But water/fert/bottles/ speedgrow/golden fleeces/gold/ mushrooms/folders and even bait, are nescessary in this game for most of us.
    To help the newer ones out i do click on old items they need every day, except maybe on tuesdays lol

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

This has been tested, just because you post a rare egg, or yogurt or anything like that , does not always mean you will get the same thing.

• judychambersjudychambers Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,621 The Chosen One

@Super Laura said:
    When I was a new player I desperately wanted the Polish Silver Laced Chicken from the Hen House.. Surely my farm would grow much quicker if I could just make those red egg recipes. I just could not get the Ultra Rare egg on my own. So I started clicking on the posts to see if I could get one there.

I got soooo many common ones, they were so disappointing (each click was precious to noobie me then too, darn it, why would you do that :'( ). Needless to say I wasted a lot of clicks on common items I already had. Until finally, someone shared an Ultra Rare egg.

Nearly 6 years later I still remember that person and that click with fond gratitude, I was SO happy lol. You helped me earn my very first Polish Silver Laced Chicken, thank you <3

I didn't need water, fert or bottles from the feed, I could ask friends for those anytime. What I really wanted from the feed was items I couldn't ask my friends for.. Like the elusive Ultra Rare egg!!!!

This is why I don't share common eggs, yoghurts or yarn, and I don't share a lot of water fert or bottles either, I don't want to push someone's Ultra Rare egg off the feed haha. I also don't want to push my own item requests of the feed either! B)

My friends can ask me (and in fact their whole friends list) for water, fert and bottles anytime, I answer every request I see. I'll save some space on the feed for those Rustic Farm Tools, the Water Rakes.. and the Ultra Rare eggs!!! Compared to water, fert and BB these items are really hard to get and its more likely to me that these are the items new players want on the feed, not things you can ask your friends for at any time.

Having said all that, please feel free to continue purposefully misinterpreting 'Share, just don't spam it', and posting derogatory remarks about OP based on that intentional mistinterpretation, some of you seem to be really enjoying it. Me, I suddenly feel like reading Lord of the Flies again so.. Happy Farming all :]

I agree and don't understand why some post rubbish either. plenty of bottles and water in your own help requests why fill up the common one