Prized animal barn never hungry

JroqFarmerJroqFarmer Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 66 Captain Obvious

I haven't been able to feed my prized animals for several days. It will accept super feed and allows me to open it to super feed individual animals, but no regular feed.

Comments

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 4,492 Lord of the Forums

Read this thread:
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/farmville2/discussion/comment/16056811/#Comment_16056811

There are many threads on the same issue on the board., but I copied out one of my many replies.
    I absolutely love my Prized animal barn, I love it even more than the animal barn.
    BUT
    Seeing as they cloned the code for the Prized barn, from the animal barn, it inherited all of its quirks and then some. So, if you have not yet conquered the quirks of the Animal barn,. the Prized barn may be just a bit too much to handle.

You CAN feed individual animal is the PAB, you do** not** always have to superfeed it. You just need to take the time to figure out the workarounds. I have written about those on this forum so many times already, if you use the search engine all will be revealed.

PAB
    It is not on a Timer.
    It does** NOT** get hungry every 18 hours.
    It becomes hungry when a new prized animal enters it.
    If your PAB is FULL, no other prized animal can enter, so it will not become hungry.
    SOLUTION
    Leave 10 to 20 vacant spots, depending on your game play. If you prize out a few animals a day, or if you prize out a lot.
    EACH time a new prized animal enters, the barn becomes hungry/, you can if you wish, and have a lot of feed, feed it as many times as a new animal enters, or feed it after 2, or 4 or 7 or 8 animals enter. Or feed it after each new entry, Heck you could feed it a hundred times a day if you feel inclined, it is like having a HUNGRY animal cert on TAP whenever you want it...

But remember, once it has reached capacity, it does not become Hungry once a day, it does not become Hungry at level up, it does not become hungry at co op bloom. once you accept that, it is fabulous. It may be a glitch, but one Zynga seems in no big hurry to fix.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

You need some empty spaces

It is not on a timer, it gets hungry when you add a new prized animal.

• tsubakitsubaki Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 15 Pumpkin

Sounds like a really stupid feature, I want back my old prized animal shelters. If this is true I can't use the throughs for feeding, since then multiple animals would go prized and I would loose the prized animal barn harvest.

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums

@tsubaki You can have control over where and when animals go anywhere when they prize. Uncheck the box on the giant white prizing popup.

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• tsubakitsubaki Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 15 Pumpkin

That's true, thanks for the tip, Anya. Although it does mean more work for me, and that's smething I don't like. But maybe it's time to not to play so much anymore :)

• JroqFarmerJroqFarmer Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 66 Captain Obvious

@Irena.P said:

I don't believe so. My barn has been full since the beginning. It does get hungry, but takes days. Even if the entire barn became hungry only when the longest-timed animal became hungry, I don't know of any animal that goes days between snacks?

@JroqFarmer said:

@Irena.P said:

I don't believe so. My barn has been full since the beginning. It does get hungry, but takes days. Even if the entire barn became hungry only when the longest-timed animal became hungry, I don't know of any animal that goes days between snacks?

The prized animal barn is glitched, believe it or don't, the way to make it work in your favour is to do as I suggested, leave a few spaces, prize out an animal, add it to the prized barn, it will become hungry. You can do this as often as you wish, as long as you have the feed. If your prized barn got hungry every few days, you had a glitch on the glitch.....

• JroqFarmerJroqFarmer Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 66 Captain Obvious

Tried it, it didn't work.

edited April 2017

@JroqFarmer said:
    Tried it, it didn't work.

Odd, it works for everyone else. Did you clear your browser cache, and refresh your game, did you make a space and allow a** NEWLY** prized animal to enter the prized barn?? It used to work by simply removing and adding an animal from pasture but they nerfed that, it should work by adding a freshly prized animal though..
    I suppose you could contact support (Link in my signature) but they will just tell you to follow the basic troubleshooting tips. There is no real technical support, and The Team is well aware of the issue, as they cloned the prized barn from the glitched animal barn...

• Susan SykesSusan Sykes Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 46 Building Expert
    edited April 2017

As well as adding newly prized animals from the Animal Barn I take unmastered animals out of the pasture ...leave them on the farm until they are hungry then add them to the Prized Animal Barn..... it immediately becomes hungry ...I've blue ribboned more animals since we had the Prized Animal Barn than ever before

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,491 The Boss

It is NOT a glitch. They have just never made it clear how the new priced barn is working.
    All animals gets hungry when and ONLY when a new priced animal is added.
    That means that if there is no free space it will never be hungry. It took me some weeks to figure this out :-)

@CarlEddy said:
    It is NOT a glitch. They have just never made it clear how the new priced barn is working.
    All animals gets hungry when and ONLY when a new priced animal is added.
    That means that if there is no free space it will never be hungry. It took me some weeks to figure this out :-)

With all of the differences between farms, it is often difficult to know what is normal and what is a glitch. :| Apparently some prized barns do get hungry once a day.. I have even been accused of being a cheat for advising people to leave spaces and add prized animals whenever they choose. Just another one of Zynga's little mysteries.

• cdbuchmancdbuchman The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 717 Party Starter

My animal Barn and pasture won't allow me to unlike the auto add feature. It's been reported via support, but it isn't a big enough problem for them to care. It's very annoying. I also "manage" my animals to ensure i eventually blue ribbon everybody and to maximize my output for the amount of feed required

• GuggeGugge Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 2,800 Lord of the Forums

@cdbuchman said:
    My animal Barn and pasture won't allow me to unlike the auto add feature. It's been reported via support, but it isn't a big enough problem for them to care. It's very annoying. I also "manage" my animals to ensure i eventually blue ribbon everybody and to maximize my output for the amount of feed required

Don't you have this box in the pop-up when an animal prize out?

I have the same cdbuckman. I can 'uncheck' the add all, but it returns automatically next time I open. I have learned to live with it and just move the animal to the pasture manually. Usually I move 5 at a time, so I will not be bothered too much. An no I do not have the option in your picture Gugge.

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums
    Not have the option? Geepers bleeping crimony Zynga...

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

Sorry. I DO have the button with 'Send to prized'. I had just never noticed it. Usually this popup is so large that the bottom part is below the screen :-)

Oh thank goodness I thought they'd surely lost their minds not giving that to everyone :D

• GuggeGugge Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 2,800 Lord of the Forums

@CarlEddy said:
    Sorry. I DO have the button with 'Send to prized'. I had just never noticed it. Usually this popup is so large that the bottom part is below the screen :-)

I am glad you found it :) I agree, it is very small and very easy to miss, unless you know where to look for it.

• sayyadina67sayyadina67 Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,248 Genius Genie

I have to unclick it every time myself, but I do so since I do not auto-send anything anywhere anymore...and as stated keep 5-10 spaces open at all times so when you have prized animals they can be added.

_Fear is the mind killer..it is the little death that brings obliteration..I will face my fear..only I will remain.__