The County/State Fair [Official Discussion/Feedback]

Comments

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums

I just ignore the fair. I play as I like to and plant what I need. The fair prizes really aren't worth going out of my way. I take a few minutes every Thursday to go and open a box or two. Then ignore it. I don't need for Zynga to get rid of the fair altogether. What I would LOVE is a cease and desist with all the pop ups, telling me I passed soandso or the side pop up showing who's ahead and behind me and by how many points.

I really could do with a LOT less pop ups altogether. But if I had my druthers, I say nix the fair pop ups first. You know, I'll hold my breath for that... :p

• napabethnapabeth Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 378 Social Snowflake

I agree about the Fair popups- highly annoying - wish Zynga would listen to our complaints but alas, they fall on deaf ears

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

Well....I went down a league tonight...imagine that ! 5 fertilizer , oh joy.

• Marie PrynychMarie Prynych Dramachine Registered User Posts: 855 Grand Poohbah

I got 3 power for 4th.Pathetic.Please get rid of it.

• missyb2173missyb2173 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

I came in first in my diamond league & received power, fertilizer, gold lures & fuel (& not a lot of them either)- I have some neighbors that have 20+ towers & windmills, unable to delete them of my list, it takes me about 2 weeks to gain a level (play every day, sometimes several times a day) & they gain 2 levels daily, impossible to compete with

• napabethnapabeth Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 378 Social Snowflake

it is possible to remove cheating neighbors. contact Support with a list of cheaters and they will remove them but doubt they punish them

• RRHalvorsonRRHalvorson Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

I don't get why people are cheating in the state/county fair! The prizes SUCK! And I also agree with Joan Wood, there needs to be a system in place where your near the levels of others in that weeks state/county fair, not fair you lump someone in that is 50 levels higher then you- and thats not the point Pal if they dont play that much,

• IzmirleeIzmirlee Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 52 This Space is Available

Here is my feedback:
    If this week i fall again in cheaters group like 4 weeks im in i ll stop all zyngas games.
    Z never supports fairplay, vice versa supports n gives all the prizes to the cheaters.
    Similarly makes fv2 quests n tasks be a torture to a daily players, ie. see the rooster's stupid tasks n very easy for non-daily players.

We r gamers but not stupids!!!

• wsf310wsf310 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 38 Learning the Ropes

I am level 198 and play FV2 every day. Very rarely I will make #1 in the fair, usually third place or lower. This week I noticed almost every one that I am playing with happens to be Level 1. How can that be? They are all way ahead of me in points.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@wsf310 said:
    I am level 198 and play FV2 every day. Very rarely I will make #1 in the fair, usually third place or lower. This week I noticed almost every one that I am playing with happens to be Level 1. How can that be? They are all way ahead of me in points.

The level 1 players are on facebook.

• wsf310wsf310 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 38 Learning the Ropes

Thanks. Didn't know that. :)

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums

Even after all these years Zynga and Facebook still have (adopts appropriate accent) failures to communicate. :)

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• Sandra Will 62Sandra Will 62 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 716 Party Starter

Well i won the fair this week, Woohoo i thought! i am bound to get at least one shovel that is worth having. Did i get a shovel, no i did not! Not even one.

I got fertilizer, baby bottles, fuel, i can't remember the fourth thing clearly it wasn't interesting enough to remember. :(

The only reason i keep my eye on it and trying to keep up there is that if i fall down the neighbours bar then i loose all my visitors and i would miss them.

Currently on Level 281

• aardvarkpepperaardvarkpepper Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 406 Forum Detective
    edited February 2017

(Edited) wrong thread

Add me for Farmville 2 only if you're active and have 10+ sprinklers please, thanks! https://zyngagames.com/profile/72449753156?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

• JenJenMamaHenJenJenMamaHen Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 965 Guru of Mayhem

It's sad, but I find I'm most successful at the state fair when I ignore it. The only thing I find useful about it is the legendary speed boost, which I would be happy to earn some other way if Zynga offered it.

The rampant cheating, the glitchiness of the animation, the weekly game-hijack, and the reordering of the neighbor bar is a PITA IMHO. I find it very disappointing that hard-working players who spend a lot of time visiting their neighbors can still end up at the bottom of the neighbor bar (thanks to the fair reorder) and it lessens their likelihood of getting return visits.

Thanks for asking, Zynga, and for trying to improve the game. It is appreciated.

ps... I don't care if people want to cheat (at the fair or otherwise). I just want a way to not encounter them while I'm happily farmin'

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2017

There are groups of people who actually form with the idea of committing to return visits so you don't have to rely on happenstance of being in their top 8 that one day. The search button, while flawed, is still a tool for people who want to try.

Or you can gear your farm to where visits are just gravy.

There is no reason to be resenting a cart full of veggies at the front of your farm.

(Ok, other than it being one more thing on a list of front yard clutter you can't move...I'll give it that much :p)

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• SweetChristabelSweetChristabel Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 59 This Space is Available

As someone who can't and won't buy bucks, I quite enjoy the fairs and definitely find the rewards useful and handy, even if they are nothing that special. Heck, I even tend to be a bit competitive, but to a healthy extent, and since I often have to be away for most of the week, it stays somewhat balanced. And I choose not to get too frustrated when I have someone with a remarkable advantage in my bunch sometimes. Though I sure won't say no to more better rewards, I am quite strongly against removing it.

• Jazzy_1Jazzy_1 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 19 Muffin

Perusing and reading through all these comments has cause me to have second thoughts about how I view and participate in the State Fair!

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,667 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2017

IMO the State Fair is a bit like the Mad Hatters tea party. LOL absolutely pointless and silly. All rushing about trying to get a magic shovel, to compete against people who have a constant supply, even though they don't need them to reach the off the chart MINUS 1 score. :D

I HATE that damned pop up on the side, which takes over the space I need to zoom in and out, and see my meters. I am sick of Passing Fred, over and over and over and over and over,,, again.. and getting a pop up to tell me about it.

I was happy with the old county fair, achieving your medal to keep the speed boost.. The Mad hatters cheaters tea party has had its day, I will be fascinated to see what the cheaters will do with no State Fair??
    Someone somewhere will work on the code to get billions of medals probably. HAHAH and they will be happy, Bless

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.