Gourmet Farm Frustrations!! List yours here.

Comments

• bspicebspice Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 248 Gabby Enthusiast

I have asked friends to help build my winery and I have had a number of acceptances but when I look at the barrel it still says I need help. It seems that the acceptances are not being recognized not sure what to do as without my barrel I can't possibly serve all my visitors.

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,475 Lord of the Forums

@bspice said:
    I have asked friends to help build my winery and I have had a number of acceptances but when I look at the barrel it still says I need help. It seems that the acceptances are not being recognized not sure what to do as without my barrel I can't possibly serve all my visitors.

This happened to my sister. She had to text me when she was on her GF and then I went onto my GF and there I saw that she need help building her barrels. We shouldn't have to be there on that farm to get builder help. This is something that they really need to fix!

• MilakaMilaka Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

@Anya K'tan said:

@Milaka said:
    My Bistro is still locked even though I've reached Level 7 on the GF. Thoughts? Is there a way to fix this bug? Thank you in advance. :)

When I reached 7 nothing seemed to happen so I clicked on the plot due to open. Goats came and chewed down the grass and the rest progressed as expected.

My mulch drop supports about 1 bottle of wine a day or about an every other, to every third day trip to the gourmet farm if I want to utilize both vats... All in all it makes for a pretty boring experience.

Thank you, Anya! It's unlocked and now I can raise animals; but yes, the goals are a bit much compared to the volume of mulch.

• gordonnegordonne Lord of the Forums Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,782 Lord of the Forums

keep accepting the help for the barrel, and I am accepting while on the gourmet farm, as instructed by customer service, but they are still not registering - - I can see it had potential to be fun, but I am done with it

• Marcus GraingerMarcus Grainger Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,876 Lord of the Forums

The action of accepting the notification does nothing. By that time the builder has already been by and apparently left if you weren't on GF. You need to not leave after requesting builders until you get the purple drop. Built barrel #3 yesterday. With 500 invites the barrel was up and running within 2 grape harvests (3 mins).

Zynga needs to hurry up and fix this already though. There are still a lot of players out there that don't have the option to spam 200+ requests because their friendlist is simply not big enough (sometimes by choice!).

Farmville2 Level 240 (or thereabouts)
    Playing on Zyngagames
    On a diet of Meringue Filling

• Sandra Will 62Sandra Will 62 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 716 Party Starter

If you get your RP level on the GF up to within a few points of leveling up, those orange RP stars in the feed that are posted by other people leveling up on GF and say Level up Faster will give you 10 RP - so if you click on one or two while you are on the main farm and it pushes you over, your main farm blooms - I have had it twice now, once by accident and once doing it on purpose.

Just one last question, if you manage to get a farm bloom whilst on your normal farm, does the water well fill at the same time?

Currently on Level 281

• gator912gator912 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 26 Clueless Cookie

I have to agree with most of the ppl posting 2 issues bother me ..... The lack of mulch needed to compete with Goals for the week ......and the constant problem with invisible balloon ..... It is new so i figured zynga is gonna slowly fix these issues .They always seem to get things fixed it just takes them a little while .

• Janet DeleeuwJanet Deleeuw The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 761 Aged to Perfection

@Sandra Will 62 said:

If you get your RP level on the GF up to within a few points of leveling up, those orange RP stars in the feed that are posted by other people leveling up on GF and say Level up Faster will give you 10 RP - so if you click on one or two while you are on the main farm and it pushes you over, your main farm blooms - I have had it twice now, once by accident and once doing it on purpose.

Just one last question, if you manage to get a farm bloom whilst on your normal farm, does the water well fill at the same time?

@Sandra Will 62 said:

I'm trying to remember - I don't think it did, but I could be wrong. The last time I did it was over a week ago and I have had three nights of no sleep so my brain is fuzz! If I can do it again, I will keep an eye on the water tower.

• strouden52strouden52 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 15 Muffin

Trying to build new barrels is a nightmare keep asking friends and getting no where! They keep accepting but don't show up on the silly Gourmet Farm. And why is there a 100 limit on the mulch??? Just lost a load.

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2016

@strouden52 - You don't "accept" builder invites, they just happen. As with all Notifications they happen in real time -- whether you open your inbox or not. Whether you click the Notification or not. Sometimes they even precede their Notification.

To get the invites to "stick" you need to be on your Gourmet Farm when the invite comes in. Best way to do it is either pick people you know are on right then and step away until you get the purple dot -- or ask hundreds of people at once. Either way you need to be on your GF from invite to built. (And hope you don't get a WAD or that dorky "saving your game" Refresh.)

I really wish that Z would fix this. :/

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• JenJenMamaHenJenJenMamaHen Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 965 Guru of Mayhem
    edited September 2016

When I did it, the water tower did not fill up. The animals all got hungry, though! :smile:

• cemourcemour Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 288 Unstained Chieftain

I made some observations today and wanted to share them re:mulch.
    I had two water certs and two level up certs from Ranger Jane I needed to use. I decided to see how much mulch I could get. I had 95 plots in play. The first time I fed horses for fert. The second time I used a boost. So all plots were fert.
    The first time around I didn't keep track of how many harvests and ended up with 43 mulch after 1/2 hour. The second 1/2 hour I harvested (blueberry/blackberry/corn) these 95 plots 7 times (total of 665) plus the addition of 55 water lily and 55 cranberry from water plots in one half hour period. This made a grand total of 775 plots and I received only 66 mulch. At the end of this I leveled and was able to harvest all 125 of my plots (95 shallots and 30 broccoli) plus 55 water (white water snowflake) and only received 21 mulch.
    What this tells me overall is that harvesting your home farm fert crops are VERY STINGY when it comes to mulch. Zynga wants us to work the Gourmet Farm part, but will not provide mulch on a consistent basis for us to do this. I think my Gourmet Farm will be an afterthought. I will visit it maybe once a day and ignore it the rest.

• Sandra Will 62Sandra Will 62 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 716 Party Starter

What does this little mulch sign in Suejay's picture mean?

Currently on Level 281

• Marcus GraingerMarcus Grainger Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,876 Lord of the Forums

@Sandra Will 62 said:

What does this little mulch sign in Suejay's picture mean?

Suejay's a member of the Mulch group.
    See
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/farmville2/discussion/3163658/gourmet-farm-anyone-interested-in-a-forming-a-mulch-group/p1

if you're interested

Farmville2 Level 240 (or thereabouts)
    Playing on Zyngagames
    On a diet of Meringue Filling

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,475 Lord of the Forums

I really wish I could send you all some mulch, like we could do water and fert.!! I get too much, that I can't harvest all of my fields! I have to stop. So I need a bin for overflow. So aggravting to hear that many of you aren't getting anything. I know the frustrations because this happened to me with bait once upon a time. Hoping they figure it out.

My GF has been really glitchy lately!

• kamakaju4kamakaju4 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 58 This Space is Available

My whole GF is green-can't see anything. When I go back, it makes my regular farm all green and glitchy. Not worth it to go.

• PalupoPalupo Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 651 Dedicated Go Getter

I hardly visit it (its first time to me end up withered crops lol) but what annoys me that all these crops look same , i never know what to grow and that mulch max is only 100 like i said i hardly visit it so i am often on max of it.

• donkz73donkz73 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 248 Gabby Enthusiast

Just the low drop rate, about 7%, is making the GF fairly useless for me. I'm assuming it will be months before the drop rate is standardised so I'm ignoring the bistro board and stocking up on the different grapes for now. I noticed a few weeks back that after not completing the wine board (serve 177) the serves required have dropped each week of not completing it.

• jea9djea9d Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 12 Pumpkin

I don't get why people are complaining about neighbors helping. The helping neighbor has no idea they are tending the same plot as another neighbor. Also, there is a decline button. Maybe it's too much energy to click a button or maybe some people like to complain about everything. I'd sure hate to live with those people.