Another ASK missing in action? : Chain Links (Scenic Sleigh Ride)

dfoofnikdfoofnik Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 111 Cloudylicious

The task "Craft 2 Plume Necklaces" requires CHAIN LINKS, none of which are being received as requests or being supplied by other players. Like the Sponge Cake, this appears to be a FAILED ASK, for whatever reason.

Comments

• bluegaylebluegayle Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 200 Cupcake Princess

I got them from the ask option. In fact I am still getting the sponge cake. Maybe your friends have moved on to the Thanksgiving quest? I am also seeing less and less of Sleigh ride.

BlueMoon Farm

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,782 Lord of the Forums

@dfoofnik said:
    The task "Craft 2 Plume Necklaces" requires CHAIN LINKS, none of which are being received as requests or being supplied by other players. Like the Sponge Cake, this appears to be a FAILED ASK, for whatever reason.

works fine for me.

• dfoofnikdfoofnik Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 111 Cloudylicious

The chance that I could Ask 14 times, 12 to 14 people at a time, and not get ONE Chain Link, is astronomically small, and not close to the response on other asks (yes, Sponge is going great guns now). And this is from the BEGINNING of the game a week ago. MY asks do not depend on other players playing the same game.

Just checked the comparable Glitter Baubles and I have received 5 of those. But ALL of the ASKS on Scenic Sleigh Ride are getting less than a tenth of the POST responses from the same game! There is definitely a disconnect somewhere.

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,224 Lord of the Forums

I agree with @dfoofnik. It took me three days to get 12 chain links for the Plume Necklaces. I sent out about 500 requests over those three days.

• bluegaylebluegayle Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 200 Cupcake Princess

I think it depends on where your neighbours/friends etc are in terms of game. I find even now I am receiving a number of chain links on occasion though I haven't asked for them in awhile. I'm guessing farmers I have asked are just needing them now themselves.

BlueMoon Farm

• dfoofnikdfoofnik Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 111 Cloudylicious

@QC_Hill said:
    I agree with @dfoofnik. It took me three days to get 12 chain links for the Plume Necklaces. I sent out about 500 requests over those three days.

The latest one is now Acrylic Paints, which was a "this gift is not for you" in the 2019 version of the Restoration Painting. After weeks of trying to get some, I contacted Support and they gave me the 12 that I needed for that project. I never did see it on any of the feeds. :/ Now it is used for the task "Lit Up Reindeers"
    which I will likely just bypass.

Still have not seen the Acrylic Paints. Hard to say if they can actually be obtained because I just don't do those tasks and don't have to.

@bluegayle said:
    I think it depends on where your neighbours/friends etc are in terms of game. I find even now I am receiving a number of chain links on occasion though I haven't asked for them in awhile. I'm guessing farmers I have asked are just needing them now themselves.

Asks, yes. Posts, no. And there is a long history of both asks and posts which you just cannot get, just as there are crafts in your Orders that are no longer able to be made: click to make them and you go nowhere.

Twenty (20) days later, after 600 asks, I received ONE (1) Chain link. :/