Farmville 3

Tracie Lorraine BurrTracie Lorraine Burr Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 109 Cloudylicious

So been playing this FV3 for a week, its not bad, plays like Hayday. But I see they are advertising FV3 release for Nov 4th so a little confused as to what the Zynga FV3 is at the app store and through Bluestacks software.
Plus will they be scraping FV2??

Comments

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 6,094 Lord of the Forums

FV3 has been available in certain locations for over a year, mainly Asia. I guess they are doing a full release now. However, it's a Mobile game, and many people who play FV2, prefer to play a web game on a PC with a large screen. It's a game a lot of seniors enjoy, not many seniors with vision issues are willing to squint at a phone for hours on end.

FV2 can't last forever, but no idea when Zynga will feel its time for it to be discontinued. It's hanging by a thread right now as far as I can see. Flash no longer being supported was one of the final nails in its coffin. No idea how long Launcher will last.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,618 Lord of the Forums

I wonder if will be available to play on my Ipad or such.

I don't think could squint on a phone. Do not have one yet. Would love one but may never have one.

But yes with FV2 on a PC and I like PC because can have a bigger screen for this game and such. I have played Tropical Escape/Country Escape on my I-pad before and some other farming games but have not stuck with them.
    '
    I play one game on my I-pad like crazy and the game fits right on that screen. But for this game yes the bigger screen the better.

And I do agree with Irena that who knows how long game will last. Already been over 9 years and maybe a month.

I think the parent game was a casualty when Launcher was being phased in with this game.

But yes FV3 if released fully in a few weeks then who knows what will be here.

Will they keep this one up even though PC game.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 2,004 Lord of the Forums

I expect that Zynga will discontinue FV 2 soon. I get a popup every day that they close for new VIP members October 15th. That probably means that they are preparing to close down in a foreseeable future, probably sometime next spring.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,618 Lord of the Forums

Yeah I think the game is nearing an end. I think they wanted to see what could be done with Launcher and many seem to be having issues since beginning and some with you can play a few days then it goes down, then comes back a few days later then down again and so forth.

The game has lasted 9 years and I think parent went a few years longer. I stopped playing the parent game as it really become a constant with asking and asking and asking of neighbors and I couldn't keep going like that.

Then my last game Frontierville when that was going and some others I felt like would be my last game but figured give FV2 a try. Was easy enough at beginning and no issues but then as years went by and things were changing with game and then more changes and then flash gone and Launcher now.

I have to give credit for Farmville/Farmville 2 for lasting as long as did.

But if game continues into 2022 I don't think will last to 10 years.

• peggyyoungspeggyyoungs Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 323 The One Who Knows it All

I've heard that one feature of Windows 11 is the ability to run certain Android apps on it. If Farmville 3 is available as one of those apps, I might give it a try, but I certainly won't play if it's only on my phone.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,471 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 13
  • nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 886 Grand Poohbah

@peggyyoungs said:
    I've heard that one feature of Windows 11 is the ability to run certain Android apps on it. If Farmville 3 is available as one of those apps, I might give it a try, but I certainly won't play if it's only on my phone.

I use Memu (Android emulator) to run FV3 on the laptop. Works absolutely fine and nice to play on the bigger screen, with mouse etc.

• Tracie Lorraine BurrTracie Lorraine Burr Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 109 Cloudylicious

you can use blue stacks to d/load fv3 and play on pc

• Tracie Lorraine BurrTracie Lorraine Burr Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 109 Cloudylicious

you can link it up to your email so that it flows with the iphone, ipad and a pc whether thats mac or windows.

• lilmagiclilmagic Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 228 Cupcake Princess

FV3 leans into the cuteness of the animals, which isn't a bad thing. Also, the game has changing weather conditions; forum posters have been clamoring for rain for ages.

Like most iPad sim games, it will most likely increase the need to spend money as the game progresses. FV2 has plenty of opportunities to spend money, but cash isn't as necessary as it is for mobile games.

Time marches on, I guess.