Unable to participate in events due to lists full of bots & scammers

KVH276KVH276 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

Hello, I'm sort of coming here as a last resort since contacting Zynga directly about this issue doesn't seem to do anything and honestly, i'm at my wits end.
This is about my mom, who is recently retired and has I think played this game for over 3 years. I myself play in the same coop as her, but am less active. She's got a level of 133 after grafting really hard and working her **** off. She loves this game so much. She has made friends in her coop with whom she talks daily. And I mean really, daily. But since the last 3 events she is unable to play in those events for a permanent helper on the farm.
She gets retransferred to a random new list up to 3-4 TIMES EACH PHASE of the competition. And not to get in a better list, but even worse, always filled with BOTS. People get 2M after the game has started merely an hour ago. It's unbelievable! She's then alway dilligent in reporting these suspicious activities but gets the same standard reply as always. She's sent screenshots, she's mailed, she's asked around, she's mailed again, but nothing ever changes! She gets a reply that she's placed in a group based on how 'involved' she is. Then WHY is she placed with PEOPLE WHO ARE BOTS OR CHEAT OR HAVE OBV NOT PLAYED the friggin game?
Please, someone from Zynga take a look at her account and get her out of this vicious cycle. Why should she waste all her keys, golden hands or sand dollars to go up against 5 bots? Just so maybe she has a better group next time? That's just not doable anymore.

She was crying to me this morning. My strong, independent, ex-nurse mom was CRYING to me about this because with Covid this is about the only way she has daily contact with people/her friends except for me and my gf.

HELP US here. PLEASE.

Get my mom out of this vicious cycle so she can play her favourite game again.

Comments

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 6,411 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 2021

Cheaters have been in this game since the very beginning. If you care to use the search function, that little box up there beside the Farmville 2 banner, type in Cheaters, and you will find multiple threads.

Basically, Zynga do very little about them, if they shut one down, they will be back within minutes and no doubt create five new farms. It's a free game, Zynga would need to give up any profit just to employ someone to sit and play whack a mole with cheater farms.

You can however learn to play and AVOID cheaters.
    NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER, and I repeat NEVER, buy a farmbuck shovel. They are a fast ticket into a fair cheater wagon, ALL cheaters have permanent Diamond shovels 24/7. You cannot compete with them without selling your house if you don't cheat. Good news is, they don't really affect YOUR game much. You can finish quests and events, win the prize of whatever they are awarding, and not care if someone else has cheated their way to getting 500 prize whatnots. You have yours, no biggie.

Don't bother about the Fair, keep your score low, eventually you will end up in a wagon of people who play like you. You will progress easily, with no need to try and get millions of points. The prizes at the fair are not worth any effort, Why spend real money and feel stressed to get a bag of Fert as a "prize"?? just feed a chicken and be done with it.

By ignoring the fair, when you do go to it on a Thursday, whatever prize you get for not making an effort is good, freebies are nice. I've found the lower my fair score and the more often I drop in a league, the better the prize. I actually TRY to drop leagues...

Sign her up for the Forum, there are thousands of threads giving good advice on game play, or she can just pop in and ask something. If playing on Facebook, get her to join a FV2 Group, so making it easier to get post for items. There are usually a few people around on the forum happy to help, few of us bite. ;)

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• Sonrisa123ASonrisa123A Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 657 Dedicated Go Getter

Yea I get better prizes at 2nd and 3rd place than I do if I get lots of points so just skip the fair a few weeks and just plant crops you need for quests..

• KVH276KVH276 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    Actually that's the thing, ahe has consistently placed in the top 3 or top 5 during those events. She's very dedicated. But it's been 3 of those big events in a row where she gets randomly replaced into differrnt groups filled with bots and scammers only.. She's getting desperate
  • KVH276KVH276 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    It's also not the fair btw, it's those big big events where you win a permanent helper on your farm. The ones where you gotta make all the stuff and then compete in a list of 30 people

I don't remember an event where you get a permanent help as a prize. There are so many events and quests. Newer players can be years behind in what event they are currently playing. Maybe someone else will remember it.

It would be nice if cheaters didn't exist, but as I said, it's a free game, it's also old and built on a platform that is easy to manipulate. When a quest or event is released it's a good idea to check out the level of difficulty, see what the prizes are and if you think they are worth the effort. If it's an event that you are in actual competition with other players, and they could either pay or cheat to win, Best to not bother. You can't do each event/quest without spending real cash, Choose your event carefully, ignore the ones you know or can see you will have
    a problem with.

Searching the forum for threads about quests that were released years ago, can give great insight into if they are worth it. Many are really not, ie, the Collie dog, it was difficult and pointless, everyone who got it, now stores it in inventory. Songbirds, it was a nasty event that went on and on and on... Drove people insane, Now anyone who has it would do anything to get rid of the songbirds. Roosters, also pointless and take up animal spots on the farm, best ignored, you can't get rid of them. VERY difficult events however, but again, not worth the bother, they don't even crow!

I have been playing almost since the start, and I am certain don't have a permanent helper.?? Can you post a screen shot?

You tend to be matched with players the algorithms interpret as similar. So, either she is buying shovels, or has scores high enough to make her game cut throat. You mom needs to change how she plays a bit. Does she use farmbuck shovels, Spend money on the game in other ways? Zynga will take advantage of that and want more cash.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,310 Lord of the Forums

You are describing the events and items in FV2:Country Escape (that's the phone/tablet game). This forum is for Farmville Two (PC game).

The link to the forum for FV2:Country Escape is in my signature below.

Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape
    TINAJ (This Is Not A Job)

Thank you for the link. I just followed the one on the general support/forum page from Zynga. Didn't see the distinction being made.

edited June 2021

@konamouse said:
    You are describing the events and items in FV2:Country Escape (that's the phone/tablet game). This forum is for Farmville Two (PC game).

The link to the forum for FV2:Country Escape is in my signature below.

Wow, had no idea their mobile games had as many cheaters as FV2... I thought Flash was the major link between the game and manipulation, obviously not. :/

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,310 Lord of the Forums

@KVH276 said:
    Actually that's the thing, ahe has consistently placed in the top 3 or top 5 during those events. She's very dedicated. But it's been 3 of those big events in a row where she gets randomly replaced into differrnt groups filled with bots and scammers only.. She's getting desperate

Another recent development is the offer of extra points/items for those who want to spend real money on the events. Why spend real money on computer generated "farm hands" is beyond my understanding. I've stopped worrying about the competitive events ("permanent farmhands") and just play my game, help my coop, build my barn/silo. Eventually maxed out a level 299 (doesn't go any higher). Usually the second round of the competitive event it is easier to get the permanent farmhand (cause those who spent money on the first round don't bother as much second round).

Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape
    TINAJ (This Is Not A Job)