Your Farm is Safe!!

Irena.PIrena.P Forum MeisterRegistered User Posts: 5,505 Lord of the Forums

Looks like Zynga have made it official, Launcher is their replacement Flash, and because of it, FV2 will survive past December 2020.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

Comments

• Country_Girl_60Country_Girl_60 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 530 Enthusiastic Expert

People who aren't currently using the Launcher will get this message so I expect a lot of posts from people freaking out.
    I love your happy dance! :)

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,505 Lord of the Forums

@Country_Girl_60 said:
    People who aren't currently using the Launcher will get this message so I expect a lot of posts from people freaking out.
    I love your happy dance!

:p I used to own a forum a few years ago, so have a file full of smileys I used to use on that, sadly my absolute favourites are not suitable for this forum.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,033 Lord of the Forums

I have launcher and I still got the message.

So, I was just seeing what happened if I uninstalled Adobe Flash from my PC. I'm happy to report, Launcher did it's job and the game played perfectly, takes a while to load, but once loaded, it was good. I'm using my laptop, which isn't particularly fabulous, only 8GBs of RAM, but I had nothing else open, and things were going smoothly.

However... :/

I think we can say bye bye to lifting links from our profile once Flash is gone, profile is reliant on Flash, and doesn't appear to be linked to the Launcher at all. Looks like the reason, avatars from your profile have been scrapped. the "Normal" way to lift links has not worked for over two years ... So, enjoy the dev tool method while you can.. I can't see them tweaking the profile to enable us to lift links for the temp feed.

I reinstalled Flash just to use the profile. :*

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,574 Lord of the Forums

This at least puts the players mind at ease that after December the game isn't going away.. I think they saw enough comments in the forum of us wondering and worrying to officially mention that the launcher will continue to make your game work.. I am happy and relieved 😃

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,317 Lord of the Forums

I've been saying this for about two years now. Your farm is safe.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,475 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2020

Yeah, posted this one in the launcher thread. yay....😒 I think I'm going to quit again, until they come out with a FV3 with html perhaps.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,764 Lord of the Forums

Yeah I wonder how many will stay with Launcher or such and how many will just leave at end of year. I may leave at end of year. Want to help what friends still need things till then.

I myself might have been hoping for a new game myself and who knows on others. Yes this way can keep your farms but with the issues and more some have had with launcher will it even be any better when it becomes the thing to use to keep playing game.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,317 Lord of the Forums

@Ellemarie said:
    Yeah, posted this one in the launcher thread. yay....😒 I think I'm going to quit again, until they come out with a FV3 with html perhaps.

There's already a mobile FV3?

@Susy Elizabeth said:

That's right, you have.

Many of us got it into our heads, that if it were to survive, it would require the whole thing to be converted to HTML5, that there would be a massive HooHah, and announcement. I just suspected the Launcher may be IT, a couple of months ago. It does mean the game remains a huge Memory eating hog, and with the Launcher, needs even more RAM snacks to run, which will sadly mean those playing on the borderline with 8GBs of RAM or less may have a problem playing, if you have 4GBs, forget it. Just a case of using your RAM more efficiently, reduce your start up programs, only run FV2 by itself, don't open a whole bunch of other tabs, possibly hard wire to your router, rather than use WiFi. Also be patient when waiting for it to load... takes a while, but is quite perky when loaded. :p

@Ellemarie said:

Whats the problem with Launcher? do you have issues with it? What are your PC specs, how much RAM are you working with? I know you used to have an old Mac, but didn't you replace it with a PC?

edited September 2020

Maybe we should spend the next couple of months, trying to figure out the best way to get Launcher to work on our lower RAM PC;s All of us can post about how we manage to play, what we did/do to get the game to load.

• daddysgirl491daddysgirl491 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 305 Unstained Chieftain
    I just recently started using Edge with launcher, after seeing where shakespam had success with it, and my game is loading and running great now. I've never been able to use Chrome with launcher or with flash and have any success. I was using Firefox with launcher and then started having issues with it, prompting the move to try out Edge. I am on the borderline with only 8GB but as long as I don't have anything else open, I don't have any issues.
  • KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,574 Lord of the Forums

You can turn off programs running in the background you don't necessarily need while playing the game. This will free up memory usage...

@Irena.P said:

@Ellemarie said:

Whats the problem with Launcher? do you have issues with it? What are your PC specs, how much RAM are you working with? I know you used to have an old Mac, but didn't you replace it with a PC?

Not really a problem with launcher per se. It's loading fine now that I figured out it's an adblock thing. It's just the game itself is full of glitches and it's just not being addressed. Then there's the programming amounts for all the quests, I can barely do any of them anymore. I start them and put alot of effort in, and then bam, get hit with some order that's not even possible unless you spend fbs. :( Even the co-op order amounts are just getting crazier and crazier. Then they had to change the members on that too. I don't want to quit my co-op, because they can't add new people. Guess I'm just becoming less and less happy with the game.

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@Ellemarie said:

Were you asking me if they have it or that they do. I don't play games on my phone.

@Irena.P said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:

That's right, you have.

Many of us got it into our heads, that if it were to survive, it would require the whole thing to be converted to HTML5, that there would be a massive HooHah, and announcement. I just suspected the Launcher may be IT, a couple of months ago. It does mean the game remains a huge Memory eating hog, and with the Launcher, needs even more RAM snacks to run, which will sadly mean those playing on the borderline with 8GBs of RAM or less may have a problem playing, if you have 4GBs, forget it. Just a case of using your RAM more efficiently, reduce your start up programs, only run FV2 by itself, don't open a whole bunch of other tabs, possibly hard wire to your router, rather than use WiFi. Also be patient when waiting for it to load... takes a while, but is quite perky when loaded. :p

Yes. I was thoroughly convinced that our farms would need to be converted to HTML5 because I saw the beta version of it. That was more than a year ago, maybe closer to two. I lost access to the beta farm after a few months, and had been wondering what was happening, if they were still going that route. During the time I had access, the HTML5 version would take about 10 to 15 minutes to load, each action would take about 2 or 3 minutes. So you were right, the Launcher was IT, instead.

edited September 2020

@Ellemarie said:

@Irena.P said:

@Ellemarie said:

Not really a problem with launcher per se. It's loading fine now that I figured out it's an adblock thing. It's just the game itself is full of glitches and it's just not being addressed. Then there's the programming amounts for all the quests, I can barely do any of them anymore. I start them and put alot of effort in, and then bam, get hit with some order that's not even possible unless you spend fbs. :( Even the co-op order amounts are just getting crazier and crazier. Then they had to change the members on that too. I don't want to quit my co-op, because they can't add new people. Guess I'm just becoming less and less happy with the game.

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@Ellemarie said:

Were you asking me if they have it or that they do. I don't play games on my phone.

Sorry. It wasn't a question. There is already a mobile FV3, so I don't think they would come up with a new version of Farmville. I can't imagine playing my farm on a laptop, let alone a phone. I need a big screen.

Ah @Susy Elizabeth, I wasn't aware it was called FV3, but I never liked the FV mobile either. I need a big screen too. But you know me, I saw I'll quit, and here I am still playing. It's like a craving!

@Ellemarie said:
    Ah @Susy Elizabeth, I wasn't aware it was called FV3, but I never liked the FV mobile either. I need a big screen too. But you know me, I saw I'll quit, and here I am still playing. It's like a craving!

I know, right? It's addictive. The first thing I do every morning after getting my coffee is to sit down and start farming. On days that the farm won't work, or won't load, I'm lost, not knowing what to do with myself.

• Nina_PurpletonNina_Purpleton Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,813 The Chosen One

I am doing an experiment downloading launcher+ and playing Farmville 2 on Microsoft Edge. The loading time is a bit slower than what I am used to [I only have one tab open] but when the game finished loading the gameplay is smoother than before.

The Major Problem I have with this feature is

@shakespam_123 said:

Stupid message on top of game screen means I can't see or use the functions on the lower part of the screen without scrolling down, which then causes the screen to autoscroll. I usually could balance it with out it causing the auto scroll ffs