Forum Search, Why has it been rendered useless?

Irena.PIrena.P Forum MeisterRegistered User Posts: 5,214 Lord of the Forums

Until quite recently, the forum search feature was pretty helpful. Entering a search using key words for your issue, brought up multiple pages going back several years on your issue.

This was beneficial to many sections of the game. Forum user who like to help new users, were able to use the search to point them in the right direction, users who knew their way around a forum were able to solve their own queries. The result of this was, fewer tickets sent to an already overwhelmed Support.

So why render it useless? now the results to a search are a few recent posts, many from the same thread?? Threads I KNOW exist, no longer come up. The older long term players on the forum, who do help, cannot be expected to type out the same repetitive answers, many no longer bother. Result, unnecessary tickets to support, PLEASE return full function to the Search feature.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

Comments

• Organic_FarmerOrganic_Farmer Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 132 The Pesky Helper

@Irena.P said:
    Until quite recently, the forum search feature was pretty helpful. Entering a search using key words for your issue, brought up multiple pages going back several years on your issue.

This was beneficial to many sections of the game. Forum user who like to help new users, were able to use the search to point them in the right direction, users who knew their way around a forum were able to solve their own queries. The result of this was, fewer tickets sent to an already overwhelmed Support.

So why render it useless? now the results to a search are a few recent posts, many from the same thread?? Threads I KNOW exist, no longer come up. The older long term players on the forum, who do help, cannot be expected to type out the same repetitive answers, many no longer bother. Result, unnecessary tickets to support, PLEASE return full function to the Search feature.

I don't think zynga can do that, since the suggestions forum is for ideas on improving the FV2 game. Rather than improving the forum. You may want to pm(private message) a zynga forum moderator or community manager and ask them about your inquiry.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,214 Lord of the Forums

@Organic_Farmer said:

@Irena.P said:

I don't think zynga can do that, since the suggestions forum is for ideas on improving the FV2 game. Rather than improving the forum. You may want to pm(private message) a Zynga forum moderator or community manager and ask them about your inquiry.

Zynga techies run the forum software, one of them must have knobbled the search feature, possibly to save bandwidth, I'm hoping perhaps a mod will pass on the message. I seriously doubt any Moderators have the type of forum permission to be able to do the kind of tweaking which has almost disabled the search feature.
    Surely players being able to solve their own issues without needing to open a ticket with support is worth a bit of bandwidth?

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,372 Lord of the Forums

I can search for issues fine. Just got a whole page of things for game loading issues.

But I do agree for some may not be so easy to search.

But what Z does and people behind it these days you never know.

Used to have the moderators here reachable regularly. At least ones that were around that much I miss those. Yes see a couple of the ones above but not like used to with others whose names are no longer around even with their posts

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 755 Aged to Perfection

I seem to be limited to only 5 recent (last couple of years) search results, so agree Irena, something has changed. That must have been configured by a forum admin.
    Shame really as this forum has always been a valuable source of info over the years to me, being able to do a wider search for posts/threads was always useful.

I can probably do better using Google search and the links back to this forum to find anything I need now.

@nige1875 , that is the really annoying thing, you get a tiny list of about six links, and most are very recent, some from the same thread. Before you got multiple Pages to click through going back years, so could always find the well known solutions to many basic problems.

I agree, I now use Google instead of the Forum search engine... :/

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

• SilverGrassSilverGrass Super Moderator Posts: 15 Moderator
    edited September 11

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Irena.P and @nige1875. We agree that "search" function is one of the essential parts of Forums and upon checking the Vanilla's upcoming releases notes, it was confirmed that there's a bug in the result when searching a keyword/thread. This will be fixed on September 14 and you may refer here for more details.

We appreciate everyone's input and rest assured that we're actively monitoring our FarmVille 2 Forums and relaying all of our players' reports/feedback/suggestions that we received here to the team. We're grateful for your continued support and understanding.

Thank You @SilverGrass, I didn't think of looking to see if it was a Vanilla Software issue. I'm so happy it is going to be fixed.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

Yes, thank you @SilverGrass for the info, that's really good to hear. It's really helpful to have a fully functioning search as this forum has been a wealth of information.

@SilverGrass

Still not fixed, I would say it is now worse.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

• SilverGrassSilverGrass Super Moderator Posts: 15 Moderator

Appreciate letting us know about this, @Irena.P. We'll see what we can do from our end. For now, you may use the "search" function fully by typing in the keyword/s that you wanted to search, then press "enter" to see all the related results. Thanks.

Thanks @SilverGrass, hitting "enter" gives up to 100 pages of results.

Thanks @silvergrass, that works

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS