Events, Farmbucks, Posts, and Story line.

Brian952003Brian952003 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

I really like this game, and find I've spend more money on it than any other ever created, but there's just some things about it that i really dislike.

Events & shops, are just simply far too many happening at one time, and it is very easy to get lost in my progress in each one. As it is, most ALL of them require the need to spend farm bucks within the tasks or just to get the building erected!! As a result, i find my farm cluttered with lots of forms with purple drops hanging over them for weeks, where they're either occupying a good chunk of my real estate or blocking areas of it at the curbside, where i've had to pull things back just to see what i have there or open these unfinished events with a click while trying to tend to my farm.

Story lines, while helpful explaining how each event works, takes up a lot of time, especially when i log in and want to harvest crops, plant / water / fertilize. Some of these such as the wedding vow thing are a bit ridiculous constantly popping up to encourage expansions, which involve buying farm bucks, and really is something irrelevant to the game. Some might even find it offensive. Create a new game if you want some love / dating / marriage / kid raising thing. Also, the tasks for the spouse are next to impossible to complete, yet keep popping up while I'm trying to manually harvest crops. I guess it's better to use the tractor, but that isn't always possible.

Farmbucks & posts, while i realize this is about generating revenue and soliciting more players, I don't really care to flood my Facebook timeline with posts of each and every new task, needs, and accomplishments, and willing to be most people have these set where ONLY the player can see these posts, and not all their friends.
One thing is certain, and that is there's really not a whole lot one can do in this game without purchasing farm bucks. All you can do for free is grow and harvest crops & trees, and craft a few goods to sell. You can't have any animals unless friends give you baby bottles or you manage to win some in tasks, which isn't often.

Comments

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 5,213 Lord of the Forums

Many many MANY high level players have been playing Fv2 from the start, and have not spent one cent on it, ever. So it is possible, The whole game is about resource management, and prioritizing what you will do on your farm.
    The Expansion/wedding vow thing isn't even a quest, it is just a Zynga drive to get some cash, Ignore it.

From all the other quests, slow down, a lot of them last a month, plenty of time to do them without spending any cash, However, you MUST get yourself a LOT of zfriends, if you play on Facebook you are at a huge disadvantage, Sync your FB game to ZYnga, to do this login to FB but not your farm

open a new tab, go to:
    https://zyngagames.com/play/farmville-two

** CLICK THE CONNECT WITH FACEBOOK OPTION** this is VERY important, if you click "I am New" it will create a whole new game from level one.

Then you can use the Live feed, and learn to use the Temp feed, which makes getting Family Training easier. You will be able to gather hundreds of zfriends, so can send out requests for stuff, and not run out of people to ask. I have 1500. I used to have 3000, I send out requests 50 at a time. No problems getting stuff at all, no cash used. It takes me about an hour to complete new quest buildings.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

• Brian952003Brian952003 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

Irena P, I suppose that is the catch and advantage to being a long time player of the game, most likely from the beginning, where you're so established and advanced, with so many friends that it's no wonder you're able to complete the entire quests of every new event and building in one hour, and is why this game is directed at players like yourself. When games first launch, rewards are much easier to get and help you advance much faster until developers make changes to the game that makes it harder with far less rewards. For new players however, it will take us 10 years to get to the comfort level you're at and easy game play. The other option is to buy farm bucks. After all, that is what keeps this game alive and pays those who develop and maintain it, so players like you can sit back on easy street.
    Try starting a new account, and you'll find things aren't that easy for the next 10 years.

• Brian952003Brian952003 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon

New players / accounts are only allowed to have 8 friends besides the ones that come with the game

edited September 2

Can you post a screen shot showing you are only allowed 8 friends? I don't think that is correct at all, you are allowed around 300 NEIGHBOURS and I think the friends are limited to around 1500. ( Thats new though, Zynga cleared out a lot of none players so my personal list went down to 1500. I am slowly adding more, so now im up to 1524... Even playing on useless Facebook you can join a FV2 group and instantly have access to hundreds of people willing to add you as a friend, I have 350 FB friends just from one FV2 group.

Are you playing on Facebook? they set limits which Zynga dont have.

I've started new farms over the years, and got bored/didn't have time for them, TBH, it was easier the 2nd 3rd time around, because I knew what I was doing, and didn't make the same mistakes I made at the start.

Again, you don't need to spend money on the game, look at the rewards for quests, see which one you would like the most and only do that one, let the others expire.

Read the forum, use the search function, see if some of the events are really not worth any effort before you start them.

For instance, most players would advise you to not bother with any of the roosters, the songbirds or the Collie Dog. So in that instance, you are at a huge advantage to those of us who went through them all only to find that they were more of a game Hazard than a help.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

One thing Zynga does not do is let older player sit back on "easy street". if anything, Zynga seems to punish success.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

Believe me when i say that in every one of these events, after completing a couple of easy and doable tasks to get knowledge how to play the event, the tasks become impossible to complete, and asking all the friends in the world doesn't get anything needed to complete them. The most I might get from friends is some salt, pepper, sugar, a little water, speed grow, a baby bottle here and there, and other consumables. NEVER any pick axes, or help to remove rocks, tree stumps, or other objects. Those won't go away or EVER get done without farm bucks. To get ANY farm hand help, you MUST be VIP for a few months and pay that $20 a month, so whatever you're claiming you're getting here and haven't spend a dime i have to call BS.
    There is simply NO WAY to play this game without buying farm bucks, or if you do, you'll never win any medals except maybe a bronze, and the most you can do is grow & harvest crops.
    Even the tractor factor has many in the forums here saying there is no way to get it done, even with farm bucks.
    Even with the order board, it will be possible to do the 15 orders, but beyond that, you're not likely to get a single order done until it resets again with a new county fair.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,370 Lord of the Forums

On Facebook side I have some friends there that play. The ones I used to play with are no longer playing game and do not blame them for stopping. Have seen sparingly even on FB these days.

On Zynga side I have a ton in my list to ask. Many have no clue who they are. Or some are ones I played other games with 5 years or more ago. And others don't have a clue who are.

I play on Zynga side and can post and get my items in a day or two. I ask as well and get fairly easy. Just when limit is 12 of items I use them and still need a few more things to craft as some I need to craft 6 or more of at least up to 20. The items that are steeper maybe I need a crop or something sometimes have all the materials.

This limit of 8 Supposedly sounds suspicious to me. I have not seen it nor have some friends that started games.

But I play my game as I wish now as have been playing for 8 years now since this game had its 8th birthday yesterday.

I don't care to spend on this game and many don't unless they are money hungry to spend or something perhaps and more. I know tasks for me have not been hard at all. I am not even to level 200.

Now some that many have posted probably if get up there above level 200 or 250 the quests start requiring more or if you are so heavy into game or something.

But I do feel for those just starting out or ones that left and think coming back things will have gotten better. No they have not. Typical with zynga games as have played others where game starts easy the first year then next year if goes on gets a little steeper on things and if goes another year even steeper and so forth on their quests and more.

This will be my last game by Z and IF Launcher is going to be their way of continuing with game then I will say adios at end of year.

I want to help friends and more till then at least.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,738 The Chosen One

@Brian952003 said:
    Believe me when i say that in every one of these events, after completing a couple of easy and doable tasks to get knowledge how to play the event, the tasks become impossible to complete, and asking all the friends in the world doesn't get anything needed to complete them. The most I might get from friends is some salt, pepper, sugar, a little water, speed grow, a baby bottle here and there, and other consumables. NEVER any pick axes, or help to remove rocks, tree stumps, or other objects. Those won't go away or EVER get done without farm bucks. To get ANY farm hand help, you MUST be VIP for a few months and pay that $20 a month, so whatever you're claiming you're getting here and haven't spend a dime i have to call BS.
    There is simply NO WAY to play this game without buying farm bucks, or if you do, you'll never win any medals except maybe a bronze, and the most you can do is grow &

Nope, not BS. I've been playing for 4 years, never spent any $$ and never paid for VIP. I have about 775 on my friends list (I'm sure only about 50% still active). I play mostly on zyngagames but sometimes open my farm via Facebook because my envelop there has more babybottles for some reason, and I can more easily visit my coop members' farms. I have placed 1st and 6th in the National Fair during this time (never got the World Fair). I got the racing stable but not the River Rich Order board. My hubby started playing about six months after I did and he did get into the World Fair and the Rich Order board, but I've gotten extra stuff he never did. Don't understand the algorithm since we both have identical computers and play off the same IP.
    Yes the tasks get harder the higher level your farm (I'm 258, he's 245). Or the more fields & plots & groves you have, or the bigger your animal barn is. But I just play at my own pace (when I'm not busy with real life) and usually get through most of them to win the animal (don't care about farm decorations). I think in the past 4 years I've only failed to get to the prize animal maybe twice. Most of the time the game gives you a couple weeks to accomplish all the tasks necessary. Sometimes you have to plan your instragrow opportunities (or your free water time) around these tasks (like when my coop reaches it's goal for the week, we have an instragrow, so I use that when I have 12-24 hr crops needed for a quest or a task). And I use the deco drop trick for any task that just says "water ##" of any crop.
    Tractor Factor started out doable for about two months, I got a few upgrades. Now I just ignore it.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,704 Lord of the Forums

@Brian952003, never had VIP, only use Farmbucks for the occasional animal.
    Suggest you do as I posted and sync your game to Zynga, acquire around 500 zfriends, use the live feed to pick up items you need and for others to grab your Post for items. Search the forum for tips and tricks to make your life easier.

Learn to use your inbox.

http://zyngaplayerforums.com/farmville2/discussion/3161520/give-one-get-one-getting-to-know-your-inbox-2016

Otherwise, thanks for spending money so the rest of us can play for free. :)

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

well, if you're not paying in cash, then you're certainly paying in time helping friends that help you, so for those who have 500+ friends in this game, we know what you spent all your days and nights doing for the past 8 years, and certainly wasn't no life outside of this game :D

@Brian952003 said:
    well, if you're not paying in cash, then you're certainly paying in time helping friends that help you, so for those who have 500+ friends in this game, we know what you spent all your days and nights doing for the past 8 years, and certainly wasn't no life outside of this game :D

OK, last attempt at trying to be civilised and helpful to you.
    Having over 500 zfriends means you can send out requests for stuff 50 at a time. So you get it pretty fast.
    Over 500 to 1500 zfriends means, the friends section of your live feed has all of those friends POST for items running none stop 24/7. Friends are not neighbours, all they do is ask and send for stuff. You do not visit them. Once you learn to use your inbox efficiently, you can use an Auto clicker, I can go through the notifications section of my inbox, with over a 1000 notifications in seconds.

If you want a game that moves faster, one you do not have to spend much time on, due to your extremely busy life, ( even in Lockdown) FV2 may not be the game for you.

If you want FV2 to move at your pace, and make no effort, either to learn how to play smarter, and prefer to come to the forum and insult players, good luck with that. We still appreciate your spending money on the game so we don't have to.

Country Escape Forum

HOT TOPICS

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,704 Lord of the Forums
  • daddysgirl491daddysgirl491 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 282 Unstained Chieftain
    edited September 14
    I agree with Irena and shakespam. I have 1605 zfriends. I have a full time job and a life. I do occasionally buy farm bucks when there is a new, cute limited animal that I really want or if I have extra money (maybe 7-8 times a year?) I typically spend 1 - 1 1/2 hours a day on my farm when I get home from work. It's my relaxation time. When I'm off, and don't have anything to do, I may play on and off all day and that's usually when I do neighbor visits. As a rule, I try to visit the neighbors that visit me. It's a game. No one is forcing you to play or regulating how you play, other than cheating.