Prized Animal Barn

FarmerNicFarmerNic Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 14 Pumpkin

Ok so I've searched the forum but I've become a little confused regarding the Prized Animal Barn. As I'm getting to the point where I will be able to get one of these I was eager to be able to have just one building instead for several. However it seemed from reading peoples previous threads that the Prized Animal Barn cannot be fed daily like the current storage barns are? If this is the case, what is the point of it?

Comments

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,344 Lord of the Forums

When a animal becomes prized on your farm it will go into that barn and will trigger to be fed which means you will get lots of prized resources from them and lots of xp. Those other buildings will go into inventory once you place the prized animal barn on your farm. Once you have the prized barn, fill it up with your prized animals from the pasture, however do not fill it up to capacity because it needs room for another prized animal to go into it..

I have my PAB to the highest level and when I get close to capacity I take out about 20 animals so I know I am a ways to getting full.. If the barn is at full capacity and a animal prizes the barn will not trigger to be fed, always leave some room for other animals..

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,557 The Chosen One

Once you have the Prized Animal Barn, all the individual prized sheds are now just decoration. So you cannot collect golden fleece from the sheep shed. If you're inventory is low, I suggest waiting for the barn. If you are comfortable with that inventory (and sometimes they show up on the Temp feeds scrolling along the right side of the zyngagames window) then place it, and use it to store prized animals until they are blue ribboned. Go through and remove blue ribboned animals if the feed:output ratio is unfavorable (i.e. 8 feed to 1 item vs 6 feed to 1, or 10 feed to 2).

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 1,612 The Chosen One

@FarmerNic The original storage barns didn't hold every type of animal, so you had to keep some prized animals on your farm in order to collect their "goods". The Prized Barn will store every type of animal.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,110 Lord of the Forums

agree with all above.
    I use it for getting prized animals to blue ribbon and for resources that I can use for high XP crafting or high $$ crafting. Mine is never at capacity so it was good to know not to do that.
    So much quicker one click and they are fed instead of running around the farm doing each building.
    In regards to the golden fleece, build your stock of those and always click on them when you see them in the news feed, I may have forgotten but I only remember once that we needed them for a quest (I think Zynga forgot about us having the barn), but I had a stock in my inventory to get through that.

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,344 Lord of the Forums

Once in awhile you will see golden fleece on the activity feed, that's if you play on Zynga platform.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 4,718 Lord of the Forums

I refuse to use clicks on Golden fleece, if the Devs want it to be a post for item, then the amounts required for quests needs to be adjusted. I still have a stock pile, but when its gone, I will contact support informing them I have the barn.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

@Irena.P said:
    I refuse to use clicks on Golden fleece, if the Devs want it to be a post for item, then the amounts required for quests needs to be adjusted. I still have a stock pile, but when its gone, I will contact support informing them I have the barn.

I don't click on it either..I can't recall the last time I needed golden fleece for anything and it's been at least 3 years.

• MissChrisTXMissChrisTX Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 121 The Pesky Helper

As mentioned above, a prized animal entering the barn will trigger feed mode. However, if you don't have a prized animal entering the barn, it will still allow feeding once every 24 hours.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!! <3

• FarmerNicFarmerNic Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 14 Pumpkin

@MissChrisTX said:
    As mentioned above, a prized animal entering the barn will trigger feed mode. However, if you don't have a prized animal entering the barn, it will still allow feeding once every 24 hours.

This is basically what I wanted to know, that you could still feed and get resources daily even if you don't add a new animal. I rarely have new animals simply because I never have enough bottles to constantly raise them.

The golden fleece thing seems a bit odd, does that also go for cool clay? Not that I think I've ever used golden fleece.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,110 Lord of the Forums

@FarmerNic in case you don't know, read this to maximise your bottles.
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/farmville2/discussion/3161520/give-one-get-one-getting-to-know-your-inbox-2016 (Thanks Irena.P)
    A golden thread craft uses golden fleece I think that is the only craft now. I haven't seen it for a long time in any quests.

• MissChrisTXMissChrisTX Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 121 The Pesky Helper

The way to get bottles is to "Ask". The Ask button is triggered by trying to feed baby animals. If you don't have enough bottles you'll get a pop up that allows you to ask your friends for more bottles. You use those and go back and start all over.

@MissChrisTX said:
    The way to get bottles is to "Ask". The Ask button is triggered by trying to feed baby animals. If you don't have enough bottles you'll get a pop up that allows you to ask your friends for more bottles. You use those and go back and start all over.

Aren't you limited to 12 a day though?

• daddysgirl491daddysgirl491 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 169 Investigator
    > @FarmerNic said:
    > (Quote)
    > Aren't you limited to 12 a day though?

No you are not You are very probably wasting bottles if you don't know the info in this thread. I very rarely have to ask for bottles and hardly ever run out. Learning this information a few years back changed my game completely!
    READ THIS: http://zyngaplayerforums.com/farmville2/discussion/3161520/give-one-get-one-getting-to-know-your-inbox-2016

The limit is not 12 per day, your inventory limits you to 12 max, like pepper, salt, sugar etc. Once you use any of those 12, you can start refilling again up to 12 immediately by asking for more.

@MissChrisTX said:
    The limit is not 12 per day, your inventory limits you to 12 max, like pepper, salt, sugar etc. Once you use any of those 12, you can start refilling again up to 12 immediately by asking for more.

@daddysgirl491 said:
    No you are not You are very probably wasting bottles if you don't know the info in this thread. I very rarely have to ask for bottles and hardly ever run out. Learning this information a few years back changed my game completely!

Thats great! Cheers guys :)