Barbara's Wellness Booth (A New Twist to the Old Souvenir Barn Quest)

Nina_PurpletonNina_Purpleton Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,642 The Chosen One

Recently Z has been bombarding us with new stuff like the Jeweler's Workstation and the current Chocolate Cafe and now they threw us monkey wrenches and curved balls and gave us what they thought was something different for us to work on in this version of the Boutique/Souvenir Barn Quest.

Question #1 Do you like the changes they made?
Question #2 If they are going to make these changes permanent will you do the quest or give it a hard pass?

For me the option to upgrade the stalls was a good idea but to do tasks that require ask/post items is a bit much for the current 18hr cooldown. Not to mention if the amounts are ridiculous as well. If they decide to make these changes permanent and they promise to fix the glitches I will consider giving it a try.

Comments

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,467 The Boss

Not happy that the crops are 8, 10 and 12 hr. Going to take a few days to build up my inventory before attempting to complete orders. My stalls should be upgraded by then as well.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• skaleewagskaleewag Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 89 Dramachine

@konamouse said: Going to take a few days to build up my inventory before attempting to complete orders. My stalls should be upgraded by then as well.

Agreed. First task is an eight hour window using a 12 hour crop and five time a posted item that i received no hits on yet every instance on the feed is taken. The other postables got to 12 each in no time so clearly rigged to disappoint. Best to upgrade and build inventory before starting.

In the past this challenge type has been fairly easy for me but seems we need to commit to it first and build capacity before actually digging in. Hope the numbers aren't ludicrous! :s

• reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,933 Lord of the Forums

I've played the game since it began. The past year, the increases in demands are too much for "fun" and more for needing to "pay" to finish the tasks.

Instead of doing the challenges several times and enjoying it, I go through ONCE only and quit it. In my game, the Chocolatier only allows 8 cocoa powder instead of 12, so it's hard to finish. Also, where I once had to get 4 items (4 x 3 for total of 4) I now have to get the same amount, but it's at 3 x 4, thus more difficult. Again, I'll only go through once.

The Invention Office is off the chart. Ir gives a bonus if completed within 32 hours, but asks for 10 Name Tags. It requires 40 Name Cards and I can only get 6 in 18 hours. Impossible task. Maybe they just want people to quit. I don't understand it, but for the time being, I'll live with it.

• Kathleen McNamara DavisKathleen McNamara Davis Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 2,281 Lord of the Forums

Required numbers are too high and the rewards are too low.
    With so many quests going on that require post for items the accept limits need to be higher
    Kinda sucking the fun out of the game

Farmville 2 addict - Level 362 & National Fair League Elite{STILL}
    Daily player who returns all help requests.
    Add me - http://zyngagames.com/profile/36409739519?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

• daddysgirl491daddysgirl491 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 70 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    Just FYI if you do plan on doing this one, the timers for customers are way off. The last "order" I needed to fill before getting the 30 minutes of water was a 16 hour one.
    I wasn't ready for the water time so I waited, planning on coming back and finishing it after I did some housework. It reset after 8 hours. 🤬
  • shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,863 The Chosen One

First one craft 51 of rejuvenate..... not today....its a no from me.
    And a total of 2690 to get a pig....still a no

• moonaberrymoonaberry Investigator Registered User Posts: 330 The One Who Knows it All

I do NOT like the changes. First off, you have to upgrade your stalls to earn the same amount of tokens which were previously earned without any "upgrades." Yes, now you can extend the time required to complete an order. Unfortunately, the orders are now higher. Before, I never had to to get 92 tokens for a single order. Bottom line, the whole thing has become more complicated and more time consuming and it's harder to earn free water. Ptui!

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums

It's not hard to earn free water if you plan for it. I make sure I have enough crops (over a thousand of each, preferably two thousand) before I start a session. I'm not going after the rewards, I'm going after the free water. I'm able to make up to two free water sessions per day. Like @daddysgirl491, I also pay attention to how much time there is left. Last night, I crafted all but two, because I had a ten hour window, and woke up this morning to finish it off. I didn't want to finish it off last night because I had taken my meds and was sleepy, and I would have had to stay up for another half hour to fertilize my crops before going to bed if I had done that.

Another idea is to reach free water while you have one going on in your farm. That way, you can save the new free water as a certificate in your inventory.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• ETSETS Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

The last wellness-type booth the tasks were very doable. Some work with crops, but able to win water. Several wellness-type challenges for the last I mentioned were horrendous and impossible. Now this one is off the charts. 1,000 or 2,000 or 3,000 crops is NOT going to get you through the five "smiley" faces to get 15 mins of free water. Farmville Country Escape has gotten ridiculous with these quests. Too many at one time with a free baby pig or bird or chicken at the end that you have to grow up. Really? I play the ones with water. Give us water and Farm bucks. Also, if and when you win free water it starts up right away so you have to insta grow crops or find some dish or craft that needs water otherwise it's wasted.Sigh.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums

@ETS said:
    The last wellness-type booth the tasks were very doable. Some work with crops, but able to win water. Several wellness-type challenges for the last I mentioned were horrendous and impossible. Now this one is off the charts. 1,000 or 2,000 or 3,000 crops is NOT going to get you through the five "smiley" faces to get 15 mins of free water. Farmville Country Escape has gotten ridiculous with these quests. Too many at one time with a free baby pig or bird or chicken at the end that you have to grow up. Really? I play the ones with water. Give us water and Farm bucks. Also, if and when you win free water it starts up right away so you have to insta grow crops or find some dish or craft that needs water otherwise it's wasted.Sigh.

I find the wellness booth very doable with a thousand or couple of thousand crops of each category, they get me through all five smiley faces. It's 30 minutes water, not fifteen. I do one round a day. I make sure I have enough crops and power to get all five in one go, I prepare my farm to be fully watered, i.e., plant all my crops and get my trees ready, and time my round to complete when everything is ready on my farm.

• Trilln451Trilln451 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 41 Grasshopper

I find I'm less motivated when I get free water NOW NOW NOW rather than getting a certificate to choose when I want to use the free water. Seems like they start with something enjoyable, like these booth-style challenges, then tweak them so they're not as good.

Yeah, most of the time I DO shut up & do it, Susan. Thought the forums were for discussions.

@Trilln451 said:
    I find I'm less motivated when I get free water NOW NOW NOW rather than getting a certificate to choose when I want to use the free water. Seems like they start with something enjoyable, like these booth-style challenges, then tweak them so they're not as good.

Yeah, most of the time I DO shut up & do it, Susan. Thought the forums were for discussions.

It's Susy, not Susan. "Shut up and do it." is my signature sign off, not directed at any particular person. Your taking it personally is not my responsibility.

As for the free water, I'm very appreciative that I get that once or twice a day, everyday. I play strategically, so that I can take advantage of it while it lasts. I don't care if I get it now, or in the form of a certificate. It's still very helpful for my farm. But sure, some people can find fault in anything, and keep whining.

• moonaberrymoonaberry Investigator Registered User Posts: 330 The One Who Knows it All

Well, now I'm being asked to earn over 200 tokens from the same stall. This one's over for me.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,863 The Chosen One