Support closed down.

Q_TipQ_Tip Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 38 Learning the Ropes

Important Update: Player Support Responses
Thank you for contacting FarmVille 2. Due to precautions related to the health of our employees, our office is currently closed. We apologize for the delay in response and hope to get back to work and get through our email backlog as soon as we are told we are safe to do so. We will keep this article up to date. Once we are back in the office we will update this article so you know we are actively working hard to get you a response.

Comments

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,303 Cream Corn Champion

I was curious with them being in San Francisco and with the health crisis and all if they would be around.

So guess any fixes or anything we hold off contacting support

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,266 Lord of the Forums

Why couldn't they do that job from home?.. answering emails 🙄

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,491 The Boss

@KJustice said:

They are afraid to be contaminated by virus via the phone ;)

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,303 Cream Corn Champion

Social distancing. Shutting businesses down, restaurants, bars, schools

not being able to be in crowds of 10 or more. Any community group activities and more cancelled.

I know where I am no school until at least April 13 and some have been out a couple weeks already with Spring Break so now this length of time to comply with Trump and more, the CDC on not being in crowds of 10 or more

Key being Social distancing to PREVENT the virus spreading being PROactive out ahead of things before we become the next Italy

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 4,483 Lord of the Forums

@KJustice said:

Maybe they need to shut down the forum too ;) Remember to wash your hands after opening a thread Guys...
    But seriously, stay safe people, don't take unnecessary risks.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,467 The Boss

Even the military is supporting telecommuting work. Answering emails from home should be a no brainer.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

I'm guessing Zynga Support may be one of the departments outsourced to India, and possibly employed at a call centre. Due to the Coronavirus, many people will no longer be able to work in these crowded environments, and they may not have the resources at home to enable them to continue to work as Zynga Support staff.

I would think with working at home you would need a lot more than just a PC/Laptop to do things. But remember this discussion with Z many times before with them and all the changes with CEO and other things and issues. Maybe when other games were around that I played with a few here and more too.

But what can you do when this is shutting everyone down at least through May. Schools hope to be back in Mid April after Easter but won't know more there for where I am till end of First week of April anyways when do updates then.

I can see wanting to keep people safe and more but for some it could be their jobs too or something and that part I hate to see.

• QC_HillQC_Hill The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 1,536 The Chosen One

I'd like to add the not all companies have the capabilities to allow their employees to work from home. Yes, it may be just answering emails, but it would require the company to allow access to it's servers from external users. That opens up a risk of computer viruses and hacking, etc. The company may not have the capacity to allow all users to log in externally at the same time.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 17

Zynga's headquarters are in San Francisco, CA, and does have a fairly large offfice in Bengalaru, India (where most of the Farmville 2 stuff is handled). Additionally, it has offices scattered around the world, about three in the UK (London, Brighton, Burmingham), one in Dublin, Ireland, one in Toronto, Canada, and also offices in Istanbul and Helsinki. In the US, it has offices in Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. These are just the ones I know of. Now, I'm not really sure that Support is being handled in India, I tend to think not. I think it comes from one of the European countries. It's just my opinion, I don't really know. I'm just guessing.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• KJusticeKJustice Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,266 Lord of the Forums

I guess our gripes are not worth their time lol..

@Q_Tip I see why you named yourself Q_Tip😊

@Susy Elizabeth said:
    Zynga's headquarters are in San Francisco, CA, and does have a fairly large offfice in Bengalaru, India (where most of the Farmville 2 stuff is handled). Additionally, it has offices scattered around the world, about three in the UK (London, Brighton, Burmingham), one in Dublin, Ireland, one in Toronto, Canada, and also offices in Istanbul and Helsinki. In the US, it has offices in Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. These are just the ones I know of. Now, I'm not really sure that Support is being handled in India, I tend to think not. I think it comes from one of the European countries. It's just my opinion, I don't really know. I'm just guessing.

Well, pretty much all of Europe is now on lock down, anyone who can work from home does. But I suppose Zynga has to decide who can access their system from their home servers. I just got a txt from my Cell phone provider, they just gave everyone a free 15 GBs to make isolation a bit more bearable. B) I'm in Greece btw. As long as the essentials are grinding along, we shouldn't grumble about Game support.

• Q_TipQ_Tip Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 38 Learning the Ropes
    edited March 17

Just received this. now you can keep track of when they are back open for business.

We are communicating the office closure times via this article on our Customer Portal: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/zyngagames-com/?s=announcements&f=important-update-player-support-responses&l=en.

@Irena.P said:
    Gosh, we are HOME ALONE...

It's party time! 🎈🎉🍾🍸🍻🍷🎈🤪🥳

• Country_Girl_60Country_Girl_60 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 433 Forum Detective

Wouldn't it be nice if they would actually play the game while they have some time and see how it works? ;)

But seriously, I commend zynga for trying to keep their employees safe. I hope they're getting paid leave.
    It was already taking them one to two days to respond to most problems. I can't imagine how long it will take them to go through their backlog when they are able to return to work.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums

@Country_Girl_60 said:
    Wouldn't it be nice if they would actually play the game while they have some time and see how it works? ;)

But seriously, I commend zynga for trying to keep their employees safe. I hope they're getting paid leave.
    It was already taking them one to two days to respond to most problems. I can't imagine how long it will take them to go through their backlog when they are able to return to work.

They do, actually, and they have some beta testers. But there's a two-fold problem -

a) The quests seem to run fine while beta testing, and the bugs come out only when released to the general population.

b) If and when a problem is found during beta testing, they are too hasty to release the feature anyways. I think this is because they have a deadline to meet to release the quests.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,438 The Boss

be nice if u could post proplems n maybe the likes of us general people could help or suggest something ive posted a proplem but it hasn shown up n posted it in bugs reporting n ask players

ADD ME: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73133723379?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    SERIOUSLY NEED FRIENDS N NEIGHBOURS