The New Holiday Village

newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the ForumsPosts: 8,601Registered User Lord of the Forums

Got it today right after I got Wendy's Workshop. This is my first set of tasks for it. Not sure if I'm really going to finish this one:

Comments

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 4,199Registered User Lord of the Forums

My early release was for $5, but seeing those,
    I guessed correctly, the tasks are crazy, together with the Tractor, impossible. Not that I had any intention of buying early release, I won't make that mistake again.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• konamousekonamouse Posts: 1,152Registered User, Facebook Connect User Assassin

NEVER buy early release. Not worth the real money.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,846Registered User Lord of the Forums

I got early release on something that was only a dollar but that was just a try then. Wouldn't do it after that.

But at least now know what all these christmas crops and more are for

• Tracie Lorraine BurrTracie Lorraine Burr Loose Cannon Posts: 77Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet

newmanmira- how are you getting on with the holiday village?

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Posts: 569Registered User Goldsmith

I did probably make the 'mistake' of getting this on early release at $5, but have done the same in the past. Got to go to the new farm as it unlocked at stage 1 straight away.
    Slightly different layout maybe, but essentially still the same idea as the last couple of years - few fields/trees/plots to harvest and the Xmas tree (still just giving fert and coins!) to click on.
    You get some power, water and fert from the respective buildings at stage 1.

One thing I did notice was there were only about 4 animals to feed - a lot less than previously. One thing I used to take advantage of was running a hungry animal certificate before a visit so I could stock up on lots of fert from harvesting the bin. Whether the reason for the lack of animals this year is to prevent that, not sure.

The quantities required for the tasks for unlocking the next stage, to be honest have put me off already! Not sure whether there is much incentive to do it this year.

In summary - for those not wishing to unlock early, I really don't think you're missing out on anything!

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Posts: 5,899Registered User Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:
    I did probably make the 'mistake' of getting this on early release at $5, but have done the same in the past. Got to go to the new farm as it unlocked at stage 1 straight away.
    Slightly different layout maybe, but essentially still the same idea as the last couple of years - few fields/trees/plots to harvest and the Xmas tree (still just giving fert and coins!) to click on.
    You get some power, water and fert from the respective buildings at stage 1.

One thing I did notice was there were only about 4 animals to feed - a lot less than previously. One thing I used to take advantage of was running a hungry animal certificate before a visit so I could stock up on lots of fert from harvesting the bin. Whether the reason for the lack of animals this year is to prevent that, not sure.

The quantities required for the tasks for unlocking the next stage, to be honest have put me off already! Not sure whether there is much incentive to do it this year.

In summary - for those not wishing to unlock early, I really don't think you're missing out on anything!

Does it allow you to stock up on water and power? It did the first year, but didn't last year.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

@Susy Elizabeth - yes, I remember the stocking up of water from a couple of years back, which was fixed last year as you say. I'm not sure this time as I wasn't running any certificates during the first visit. After I had harvested the water tower and windmill, it was collect again in 4 hours. I can't see that little 'glitch' being available again.

As I said in my other post, I was still able to obtain a large stockpile of fert last year with the hungry animal certificate, but with only 4 animals this year it would be difficult to keep filling the bin before they go prized. That's what got me thinking they'd done that deliberately this year.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Posts: 5,899Registered User Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:
    @Susy Elizabeth - yes, I remember the stocking up of water from a couple of years back, which was fixed last year as you say. I'm not sure this time as I wasn't running any certificates during the first visit. After I had harvested the water tower and windmill, it was collect again in 4 hours. I can't see that little 'glitch' being available again.

As I said in my other post, I was still able to obtain a large stockpile of fert last year with the hungry animal certificate, but with only 4 animals this year it would be difficult to keep filling the bin before they go prized. That's what got me thinking they'd done that deliberately this year.

Okay, thank you for the information, nige. Can you add animals to the winter farm?

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,601Registered User Lord of the Forums
    edited November 9

@Tracie Lorraine Burr said:
    newmanmira- how are you getting on with the holiday village?

I'm only on area 3 right now. There are some easy to medium tasks and then there are some way outrageous ones. My biggest problem right now is that the rhinestones collected are not counting. I just posted 2 links for those rhinestones, to see if they show up in my inventory, in the temporary feed. I'm crossing my fingers. We also need a lot of Gingerbread dough, green ribbon, snow powder and more. I'm sure there are a lot more post items we'll need and hopefully they will count when people click on the links. As for my tractor, well, 1 task asks that I unlock the seesaw but the problem is I've already completed the entire event and the seesaw is completed but it's not counting. It shows that I've only unlocked 9/10 but that's not true. I've decided I'm not going to kill myself working on the tractor. If I finish something, great, if not, oh well. I'll just have a junky tractor to work with, which in my opinion, works worse than the plane does. I can harvest my stuff faster on my own, I can water and fertilize faster with the plane. I get why they chose a tractor but I think they should have just adjusted the plane to drop seeds since it already waters and fertilizes for us.

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@nige1875 said:

Okay, thank you for the information, nige. Can you add animals to the winter farm?

I couldn't see any way of adding animals Susy, but I did notice there was a water trough in one section of the farm. It had 4/20 on it when I hovered the cursor on it. I did wonder then if the 4 was for the current amount of animals, up to a max of 20? Similar to the way the tower and windmill got upgraded last year (the more you unlocked), whether you get more animals as you upgrade the farm?

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,601Registered User Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:

@nige1875 said:

I couldn't see any way of adding animals Susy, but I did notice there was a water trough in one section of the farm. It had 4/20 on it when I hovered the cursor on it. I did wonder then if the 4 was for the current amount of animals, up to a max of 20? Similar to the way the tower and windmill got upgraded last year (the more you unlocked), whether you get more animals as you upgrade the farm?

I think with every upgrade on the Holiday Winter farm, more animals added until it reaches whatever limit you have once you've upgraded it fully.

• dkzdkz Posts: 143Registered User, Facebook Connect User Saint Spontaneous

The tasks are too ridiculous for me to bother with the Christmas event this year, nice to have something to do but not going to use my resources for these rewards. Good luck to those who persist.

• LegendaryLegendary Posts: 41Registered User, Facebook Connect User Grasshopper

I just got the Merry Village today. I am a little annoyed that my tasks are higher than others.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 4,199Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Legendary said:
    I just got the Merry Village today. I am a little annoyed that my tasks are higher than others.

WHOAH!! I thought mine were outrageous and I've given up... which leaves me with only two slots for the tractor event, because one is to reach level 10 in the Village quest.. NOT gonna happen.. :/

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Posts: 3,093Registered User Lord of the Forums

GAHHHH! LOWER THE AMOUNTS ZYNGA! Yes I'm a high level and 113 doesn't sound like much, BUT you are giving me tasks for items that WERE just given to us for the Feast Corner!!!

• goonbaahgoonbaah Posts: 0Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums

So far my glitter jar feed stopped needing 1.My radishes finished but didnt remove.frustated

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,846Registered User Lord of the Forums

Mine are none too easier :/ -

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Posts: 3,093Registered User Lord of the Forums

And what is it with asking for 6 items that require for posted items!!! How in the world can you get 24 posted items if you accepted the challenge mode? 🙄 No, I'm not spending farmbucks!

@Ellemarie said:
    And what is it with asking for 6 items that require for posted items!!! How in the world can you get 24 posted items if you accepted the challenge mode? 🙄 No, I'm not spending farmbucks!

Exactly. They made level 1 easy, then went into high gear at level 2, thinking we'd be sucked into it since we already started. I don't mind doing difficult but possible. I DO mind doing impossible. There's a huge difference there. We've provided feedback time after time to please consider what goes into a task, yet it keeps getting worse.