"claim +5 free water now" notification?

laniebellelaniebelle PumpkinRegistered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

what happens to the 5 free water when i click on the Claim +5 Free Water Now notification ?

Answers

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

Where does this link come from. I would be cautious when clicking on outside links if not from z or a result of a quest

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 859 Grand Poohbah

I get that on the odd occasion I load the game in Chrome, the message pops up in bottom right corner. Not sure if I actually get it, but would assume if it actually worked would just go onto the 30 we can have in inventory or would appear as a 5 water pack also in inventory.

• laniebellelaniebelle Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

WitchieWiz4023 and nige1875 I assume it's coming from Z. it shows in the notification section of my windows 10 pc at the very right of the screen. It shows up twice a day. The game doesn't have to be loading or even already loaded. When I click on the link, it goes to the game. Can't figure out where the water goes. Doesn't show up in the amount of water I have at the top of the game screen nor does it show up anywhere in my inventory. My amount of 5 water buckets in inventory doesn't change. Don't know how it started in the first place. Just started showing up in my pc notifications.

Yes, that's the same notification I get. This only seems to happen when I play in Chrome, but I mostly use Opera or Gameroom. Do you have the FV2 X-Press extension installed? That's a Chrome extension and wonder if it's something that comes through that, but if the water is going nowhere, maybe is a feature not working or not fully implemented yet.

• judyphoodjudyphood Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 23 Delightful Duckling

I just recently started seeing this popup Howdy farmer get ( it started by offering 5 water) I didn't know if it was from Zynga or if it is a scam, so I haven't clicked on it and now today it is offering 15 water. So I am thinking it is some kind of scam. I asked my Farmville2 VIP person if it was for real, and no one has answered yet. So I leave it and when Im done farming, close the game and reboot the computer.

• gameplayer2011gameplayer2011 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,896 Lord of the Forums

Did you send a notice to support.
    If so did you get an automated response.

Right now they are trying to get the Launcher to work with this game as Flash is no more.

So may not be answering fully or such right now.

Did you read what the person mentioned above your post. As this is from a couple years ago when this started. Maybe not a lot of people have had this issue to post in the thread when the OP started it near 2 years ago.

Check your junk folder or spam folder to see if email from support reached there

Set a filter to allow email from zynga

Hopefully someone will know if something browser related as was the post above if you use Chrome.

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3,168 Lord of the Forums

@judyphood said:
    I just recently started seeing this popup Howdy farmer get ( it started by offering 5 water) I didn't know if it was from Zynga or if it is a scam, so I haven't clicked on it and now today it is offering 15 water. So I am thinking it is some kind of scam. I asked my Farmville2 VIP person if it was for real, and no one has answered yet. So I leave it and when Im done farming, close the game and reboot the computer.

Maybe something your VIP gets you.
    I would wait til an answer, but if it is ingame should be right......but still wait to be sure.

I get the 5 water packs through my FB notifications every day. Last few weeks I get another one about 30mins later.
    They are legit and go to your inventory as a 5 water pack. You can only hold 100 though - I'm probably up to about 80.
    Also get 15 feed through the same notifications, but don't claim those.

• judyphoodjudyphood Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 23 Delightful Duckling
    Nige1875 thanks for the info. The notification i get is a black box with FV2 no other graphics. I play on Edge browser. Since I have never clicked on it, there shouldn't be anything in my inventory. So I'll check email junk, although Zynga and Facebook are allowed.
    Meantime rather than take a chance, I'll wait for someone to say yes this legit.

@judyphood - I do get notifications pop up in Chrome, they appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. I only use Chrome for FV2 though. However, I do have to go into facebook to collect the water.
    I'd just check your notifications in FB to see if you have any like my pic above.

I do think you're absolutely right to be cautious though. I only trust mine as I've been getting these offers on and off for the last couple of years. Anything I'm a bit suspicious of I wouldn't touch.