KNOWN ISSUE: Crops Timer Changing

Monique KohnMonique Kohn CloudyliciousRegistered User Posts: 150 Saint Spontaneous
edited December 2018 in Known Issues

Timers are off on just about everything, crops, certificates, new orders, tasks.

The most obvious are the crops, where the timer shows 0:00 but the crops, sometimes fully grown and sometimes not, can't be harvested. This can last a few seconds up to a few minutes.

I was using a water certificate the other day. I still had 90 seconds left according to the icon in my toolbar, but when I wanted to harvest the tower one last time it said I have to wait 3 hours and 52 minutes. Impossible to take a screenshot that shows the problem because the tower was still overflowing.
On the order board I was waiting for new orders to arrive, so when I got the pop-up I looked, the board told me I had to wait another 5 minutes. Another time the countdown-timer was counting past the zero, and a third time I got two timers per order, one negative (counting past the zero) and another one I couldn't figure out. No screenshots from these occasions either.

Today it was the baked goodies, I had to wait a couple of minutes past the 0:00 before I could harvest.

This is going on for about 10 to 14 days now. I'm playing on Facebook and with Firefox. Cleaned the cache of flashplayer and browser more than once, makes no difference. Anyone else having these problems?

Tagged:

Comments

• radiojaneradiojane Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 462 Colossal Titan Slayer

I've been noticing those kinds of glitches for a while now too.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 2,122 Lord of the Forums

Yes it is the same for me lately. About tree weeks now. It goes for most everything. Typically as you say 'a few minutes'. It does not matter too much if it is something with one or more hours, but it is anoint when it is a two minute crops that takes 5-7 minutes. I was needing 700 radishes and used a 15 min water certificate, but the fist one took 7 minutes so it was totally in wain.

• Monique KohnMonique Kohn Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 150 Saint Spontaneous

@CarlEddy said:
    Yes it is the same for me lately. About tree weeks now. It goes for most everything. Typically as you say 'a few minutes'. It does not matter too much if it is something with one or more hours, but it is anoint when it is a two minute crops that takes 5-7 minutes. I was needing 700 radishes and used a 15 min water certificate, but the fist one took 7 minutes so it was totally in wain.

Yep, that's pretty annoying I would say, after all you worked hard to get that certificate. But around this time of the year it's even more annoying, with all the stuff going on in real life. Yesterday I wanted to do some last minute X-mas shopping in town, and since it was raining I was planning to take the bus. All was timed perfectly on my part, harvest some crops and plant new ones with about 3 minutes to spare before I had to be out the door in time to catch the bus. Take a guess how that ended .. me on my bike in the rain.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New to the Forums

Apologies for the inconvenience, Farmers. The team is already looking into this and I suggest checking our Hot Topics section for updates. Thank you for understanding.

• kestrelkestrel Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 15 Muffin
    edited February 2019

It is now February...when may we expect
    this to be fixed?

• ShoathreeShoathree Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 441 Forum Detective

This has been a known issue since December & is getting worse.
    Today I planted blueberries in 45 fields, 3 times.
    The 1st time I was only able to harvest 1/2 or those fields & the rest stayed on "0". After two minutes I was able to harvest them.
    The 2nd time there were 4 fields that I couldn't harvest. I of those fields the blueberries were ready to harvest & the other three weren't. All 4 jumped up to 5 minutes. When the timer reached 2 minutes, it then dropped down to "0" and I could harvest.
    The 3rd time, I was able to harvest all but 10 fields, the others were at "0" for another 2 minutes.
    I just planted radishes in 6 fields. Two fields jumped up to 5 minutes of harvesting time.
    Along with this, I paid the $30 for the 24 hour water. I get to harvest my well 4 to 6 times before it does the same thing.
    Is Zynga just looking at it & not doing anything about it? Not enough people coming out here, so their not worried about it? I have a little news for them, a lot of my neighbors quit coming out here because they feel bugs just don't get fixed and I'm sure other players feel the same way.

• MasterJediMasterJedi Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 18 Muffin

I just wish to point out that this is still an issue for me at least. I am trying to grow 1 and 2 minute crops to take advantage of the spring boutique 30 minutes of free water. 2 minute crops sometimes take 5+ minutes to grow which makes this very frustrating. :(

• tamianthtamianth Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 13 Pumpkin

This is still an issue. Crop timers are wrong regularly. As with many things in the game now. It would be nice if they fixed existing problems before introducing new things!

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

Just have to deal with. Not all things get fixed in the game. And never will.Only saving grace would.be if and that is a big if the Html5 version talked about comes to be

• Norman GNorman G Investigator Registered User Posts: 79 Black Sheep of ze Internet

Not only do we have to deal with crazy timers, but I am experiencing times when I cannot water anything, whether on my farm or a neighbors farm. I hover my mouse over a tree or a crop that needs water and the red box around it appears and cannot water it. I have to go to other trees/crops water a couple then go back to the original one(s) I wanted which defeats the effort when a neighbor wants a specific area watered.

• konamousekonamouse Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,360 Lord of the Forums

It's a flash issue. RAM hog.

Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape
    TINAJ (This Is Not A Job)

• IbeasheIbeashe Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 29 Clueless Cookie

I just close the game & go back when this happens. It is a pain though, when using a short term free water.

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,537 Lord of the Forums

It may seem like it's just the crops, and at first it was just an annoyance and I'd click on my boat and go back. But it's getting to affect many other things than just crops. My water tower for instance. I had a certificate for unlimited water, and it was expiring. I couldn't harvest the last of my water because the stupid timer/countown kept saying 1 second, then 2 seconds and I wasn't able to harvest it at all. And it kept saying that time over and over. So if this is just another flash issue, maybe I need to quit until html comes out.